Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Put my mind at rest about cow's milk (as opposed to goat's milk) EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Put my mind at rest about cow's milk (as opposed to goat's milk) EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Put my mind at rest about cow's milk (as opposed to goat's milk) EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Put my mind at rest about cow's milk (as opposed to goat's milk) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Put my mind at rest about cow's milk (as opposed to goat's milk) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Put my mind at rest about cow's milk (as opposed to goat's milk) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Put my mind at rest about cow's milk (as opposed to goat's milk) EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Put my mind at rest about cow's milk (as opposed to goat's milk) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Put my mind at rest about cow's milk (as opposed to goat's milk) EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Put my mind at rest about cow's milk (as opposed to goat's milk)

3 posters

Go down

Put my mind at rest about cow's milk (as opposed to goat's milk) Empty Put my mind at rest about cow's milk (as opposed to goat's milk)

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:57 am

I was under the impression that the biggest offending constituent of cow's milk was alpha-s1 casein, which can cause reactions in people and acts as a kind of "glue" a bit like gluten and soy... sticking up the sides of the intestine and causing all kinds of problems. This is why I ALWAYS buy goat's milk when I buy dairy (with the exception of the occasional cow's milk yogurt).

It's quite a common thing on the web that this stuff is believed in.

Opinions?

Other than alpha-s1 (goat's milk is apparently mostly alpha-s2 which isn't anywhere near as undesirable apparently) I don't know of any other disadvantages of cow's milk.

Thanks guys. Cow's milk is way cheaper so of course I would buy it if it was ok, but I really don't want to run any risk of putting anything particularly bad through my gut right now!

Cheers,

Hoppi!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Put my mind at rest about cow's milk (as opposed to goat's milk) Empty Re: Put my mind at rest about cow's milk (as opposed to goat's milk)

Post  unfortunate Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:09 am

I am curious about this myself. Dairy is a great source of protein and calcium. I think utlimately with dairy, maybe we should be looking for a way to cure or solve our supposed "allergy" to the dairy component that causes problems, instead of deeming dairy evil completely. Maybe we need more good bacteria or enzymes or something to help us digest it properly. Maybe the real problem is a bigger problem with our digestive tract or something to that extent.For example, I have been struggling with more puffy eye bags from Rejuveplex lately, which could be due to an allergy to fragrances (according to Nid). But again, maybe this is just a sign that there is a bigger problem in my body that needs to be addressesd in order to reduce the sensitivity. I'd love to hear more from people that have a problem tolerating dairy and other "known" offenders.

On a side note, recently, I have been eating a lot of full fat greek yogurt lately with no RBST and my gut is feeling great. I wonder if this has anything to do with the good bacterias found in yogurt.

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Put my mind at rest about cow's milk (as opposed to goat's milk) Empty Re: Put my mind at rest about cow's milk (as opposed to goat's milk)

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:20 am

unfortunate wrote:I am curious about this myself. Dairy is a great source of protein and calcium. I think utlimately with dairy, maybe we should be looking for a way to cure or solve our supposed "allergy" to the dairy component that causes problems, instead of deeming dairy evil completely. Maybe we need more good bacteria or enzymes or something to help us digest it properly. Maybe the real problem is a bigger problem with our digestive tract or something to that extent.For example, I have been struggling with more puffy eye bags from Rejuveplex lately, which could be due to an allergy to fragrances (according to Nid). But again, maybe this is just a sign that there is a bigger problem in my body that needs to be addressesd in order to reduce the sensitivity. I'd love to hear more from people that have a problem tolerating dairy and other "known" offenders.

On a side note, recently, I have been eating a lot of full fat greek yogurt lately with no RBST and my gut is feeling great. I wonder if this has anything to do with the good bacterias found in yogurt.

Actually I think I too tolerate yogurt far better than milk or cheese. Interesting.

Even skimmed goat's milk seems to give me gas/bloating.

However, personally I perceive these as separate issues - some people having intolerances to dairy that give them bloating, etc, and constituents such as alpha-s1 casein being possibly issues for EVERYONE.

However, I do find it hard to believe that therefore CS, abc123, Ray Peat and all these people would have to be wrong.. and they all seem pretty smart to me!!

Hm! This thread might be interesting anyway Smile

For now, I'll take away from this that yogurt is a better bet than milk...
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyG Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:28 am

Peat usually suggesting people who can't tolerate milk to try different brands of milk and make sure to check it's doesn't contain any added vitamins.

Start slow, little as 1 tsp a day and gradually increase the amount over 2 weeks until you can drink 1 cup a day without any problems.

also,

"Bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine can be caused by hypothyroidism (Lauritano, et al., 2007), and the substances produced by these bacteria can damage the lining of the small intestine, causing the loss of lactase enzymes (Walshe, et al., 1990)"
JohnnyG
JohnnyG

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:58 am

JohnnyG wrote:Peat usually suggesting people who can't tolerate milk to try different brands of milk and make sure to check it's doesn't contain any added vitamins.

Start slow, little as 1 tsp a day and gradually increase the amount over 2 weeks until you can drink 1 cup a day without any problems.

also,

"Bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine can be caused by hypothyroidism (Lauritano, et al., 2007), and the substances produced by these bacteria can damage the lining of the small intestine, causing the loss of lactase enzymes (Walshe, et al., 1990)"

Wow.. well found. Maybe it's that that's causing my problem.

Jeez, this might take a while to rectify >.<
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down