Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Regular Milk vs. Organic Milk EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Regular Milk vs. Organic Milk EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Regular Milk vs. Organic Milk EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Regular Milk vs. Organic Milk EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Regular Milk vs. Organic Milk EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Regular Milk vs. Organic Milk EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Regular Milk vs. Organic Milk EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Regular Milk vs. Organic Milk EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Regular Milk vs. Organic Milk EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Regular Milk vs. Organic Milk

+2
Misirlou
helpmyhair1
6 posters

Go down

Regular Milk vs. Organic Milk Empty Regular Milk vs. Organic Milk

Post  helpmyhair1 Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:30 am

Hey, I am wondering which is better for hair.. organic milk or regular. Or does it matter? Keep in mind that I live in canada and our regular milk I believe is done differently than in the states, which more emphasize on health and safety.

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Regular Milk vs. Organic Milk Empty Re: Regular Milk vs. Organic Milk

Post  Misirlou Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:21 am

You should try to find out in what ways your regular milk is treated (pasteurized, homogenized etc). You could also investigate how the animals are treated and how they live during their industrial life. These factors will all contribute to the quality of the milk.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:46 pm

Organic and grass-fed milk are two very different things. Organic can just mean organic corn feed...cows are NOT supposed to eat anything but grass. If they are not eating grass, they are consuming high levels of omega-6 and in turn, you will consume that uneven ratio of omega-6 to 3 fatty acids as well as opposed to a balanced ratio that would be provided for had the cow subsisted on grass.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:21 pm

Agreed with Nid completely, be very careful about things marketed to cater to people looking for health, in a vast amount of cases "Organic" or "Natural" is just a marketing tool.

Upon saying that, while making Kefir here in Alberta I've had my first chance to try Organic, local milk, and it had a distinctly different taste than any I've ever had before ... although it's been almost two years since I've had milk so maybe that's just time and forgetfulness. Will compare tomorrow actually for real and post back.

"You owe the companies nothing. You especially don't owe them any courtesy. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs."

- Banksy
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:01 am

If possible you should drink raw milk from grass-fed cattle, and whole milk is healthier than skim or fat free. Pasteurization isn't good for the milk and should be avoided if possible.

http://healthyfixx.com/food-and-diet/13/pasteurized-milk-killing-the-bad-and-the-good

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  MilBA Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:47 am

My uncle owns a small dairy farm so I know a little about this topic. The most important thing is that the milk is grass fed, and preferably raw. However, in some places its hard to find raw milk due to regulations.

The term organic can be especially dubious when it comes to dairy. One of the requirements is that antibiotics are never used under any circumstances and if they are that cow can never be milked again. So a farmer must essentially let that cow die or sell it off to a non-organic farm. It's rumored many organic farmers don't follow this requirement. My uncle, who is also a veterinarian, treats his cows with antibiotics only when they are sick and does not use their milk while they are on the antibiotic. So his cows milk, which I drink is not technically organic but is grass fed and raw. I prefer that to organic pasteurized grain fed milk any day.

MilBA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down