Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Has Anyone Seen Actual Results? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Has Anyone Seen Actual Results? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Has Anyone Seen Actual Results? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Has Anyone Seen Actual Results? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Has Anyone Seen Actual Results? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Has Anyone Seen Actual Results? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Has Anyone Seen Actual Results? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Has Anyone Seen Actual Results? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Has Anyone Seen Actual Results? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Has Anyone Seen Actual Results?

+5
Espio
nidhogge
Paradox
Amaranthaceae
brianf
9 posters

Go down

Has Anyone Seen Actual Results? Empty Has Anyone Seen Actual Results?

Post  brianf Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:52 am

Immortal Hair seems like a very informative website. I'm kinda new to it. A lot of information. But I like to get down to the brass tacks. Has anyone here ever achieved actual results regrowing hair using any of the vitamins, minerals, herbs, or supplements recomended here? Or by changing there diet? I don't just mean like peach fuzz like you get with rogaine, and I don't mean that the hair is thicker or fuller or healthier. I mean real solid undeniable, and measureable results. The kind of results where your family, friends, and coworkers say, Wow! Where did all that new hair come from? I'm talking about a Q ball regrowing all of his hair like a teenager, or even just a person regrowing something more than peach fuzz.

What I'm getting at is, is this just all theory according to very loose science? Or are there actually people doing this that regrow a full head of thick hair? I am a realist. I don't like to waste a lot of my time, and money buying expensive supplements that don't work, or that work on some people, but not on others. So far 100% Of all the pictures of people that I have seen out there that claim to regrow hair, are so subjective, and so subtle. Photography always works in the favor of the results. The before picture is always really bright, and the after is really dark. And you will never see a total Q ball with a new full head of hair. I've tried every product on the market. 3 years of Rogaine bought me some peach fuzz, but that was it.

Don't get me wrong, I think that websites like this are a wonderful inspiration to people who need hope, and who believe that there is something out there. People like me who believe that there has to be something, some magic herb, or magic diet, or drug, or method or combination of things that will grow back all of the hair that we used to love so much. If this sight is here to just talk about hope, or what might work, then I think that should be clearly mentioned

This is a very emotional topic. And even the most intelligent people can make irrational decisions. I think it's very important to establish- What is the most we can hope for according to science? According to what others before you have achieved using these supplements, and methods mentioned? Because the truth is, that people who read the information on this website, and other sites are in an emotional state, where they will go out and purchase whatever it takes to regrow their hair. And many of them will accept it as truth, that this is what it takes to regrow my hair, and once I do this, I could have a full head of hair again. So it's worth a try.

I just think from a scientific point of view, that before you actually start investing in thousands of dollars worth of supplements, that you investigate PHOTOS!!! And inspect them very thoroughly. Find out who this worked for? was it a man or a woman? Were they my race? or nationality? Did they have hair similar to mine? How old were they? What did they do specifically? What was there health condition?

So back to the topic. Has anyone here achieved actual results of very measurable hair regrowth? Do you have any pictures to share of before and after? Is there an actual cure for hair loss? Or are we just hoping? In fact, does anybody have any pictures of anybody who achieved any results regrowing hair, doing anything at all?? Drug? Diet? Supplements? Please post if you do. thanks

Brian

brianf

Back to top Go down

Has Anyone Seen Actual Results? Empty Re: Has Anyone Seen Actual Results?

Post  Amaranthaceae Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:14 am

Many people here has seen significant results.

You are mistaken if you think you need to drop $1K up front on supplements. You can start the easy way
with just a bag of flaxseeds, homemade kefir and egcg green tea extract and you are on your way even on a very small budget.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:01 am

If you are looking for drastic results, then you're going to want to take drastic actions- as in drugs- mainly Avodart and minoxidil. Terrible side effects and you will feel like hell, but if you want the most visible regrowth, then the forums that focus on these drugs will have pictures of many men who have dramatic regrowth.

This site is more about improving your overall health which would in turn improve your hair. The difference between this site and the drug oriented ones is that there are people thinking outside the box here, who generally tend to be more scientific minded, and as opposed to drugs...anything you take on IH's list is going to have benefits to your overall health and many of them should just be taken for that sole purpose anyway.

There is no "magic" anything. I think you know that. Hairloss seems to be handled best with a multi-pronged strategy. This site for some people is the only angle they chose to go with, and for others it is one of the sites they frequent. It's all up to the individual. It is my theory that the more angles you have going the better...so I've compromised. I used the things here, and have given up taking avodart everyday and gotten rid of minoxidil. Add a laser helmet to the picture and I that is my personal "plan".

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:50 am

I'll make this as straight-forward as possible:

Immediate or near-immediate results:

- Laser Helmet

- Wounding properly

Long-term results

- Proper diet and nutritional supplementation

You must understand how hair follicles shrink and why they stop forming. This is due to fibrosis, a term that simply means "the scarring of an organ." Skin, as you well know, is an organ and when it experiences abrasion (cuts, burns, inflammation, etc.) it produces scar tissue. Scar tissue is tougher than regular skin, less nerve endings, etc. You'll notice on folks with real bad scarring that they are unable to grow body hair on the areas that have that scarring. Bodies with sensitive androgen receptors to DHT in their scalp react via inflammation, which leads to fibrosis of the skin scalp. The hair follicle only goes down 4mm in your skin--not very far at all. Proper nutrition and supplementation will keep the inflammation in check, and balance the estrogens that are at the source of the problem to begin with. The supplements can also take care of other non-DHT related forms of hair loss such as a poorly functioning thyroid, adrenal fatigue, hypertension, excess (or too little) cortisol, etc.

I theorize that folks suffer from a variety of forms of hair loss. For example, perhaps the majority of your hair is lost to DHT, and then a minority due to a poor thyroid. Therefore, a multifaceted approach must be taken to your overall health to benefit your hair.

To break up fibrosis: lasers help to reduce fibrosis over time, while also greatly increasing SOD & NO production in the scalp along with a host of other benefits. Wounding (for example, a TCA 20 peel applied to a balded area) will literally break up the scar tissue by shedding layers of skin. If the proper protocol for wounding is followed and in conjunction with a diet/regime that will support healthy regrowth and perhaps a laser helmet for added boost, hair can be grown on any area of the scalp. I'm currently doing quite the experiment on my right temple, and made a post on Regrowth.com about it.

I stay away from any and all drugs/meds. My hair quality has been improving drastically the last few months.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:27 am

Nid, can i get more info on how to do the wounding stuff at regrowth.com? Do i need to wait until the rest of my hair stops thinning before I try wounding?

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  ganny Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:10 pm

Nidhogge,

I can't seem to find your post about wounding on regrowth. Can you send me the link to that thread?

Thanks!

Gan

ganny

Back to top Go down

Has Anyone Seen Actual Results? Empty I think you missed my point

Post  brianf Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:43 pm

Jharsh80, I think you missed my point. I am not into Rogaine, and taking drugs either. Im glad I'm off that stuff now. I think IH is an awesome site. I think it's a great inspiration that there is a way to improve hair quality, and become healthier at the same time.

My point was, is there any evidence that IH is more than just an inspirational site, and a great way to network men that are suffering from hair loss? It was more of a question than a statement. My question was basically asking, what does this all amount to? All of these great solutions, and supplements? At the end of the day, or month, or year, can we expect significant hair regrowth results based upon the results of others in the past? Or so far, is this just an inspirational website for guys like myself, and others, who are just looking for hope, and at the same time looking for new ways to improve upon the overall hair that is still left on our heads that has not fallen out yet?

Either way, I think it's all got a very positive message, and is great. But lets be totally honest. None of us are here just to improve our health alone, and none of us are here looking to just grow peach fuzz. I'm sure somewhere in the back of all of our minds we are here hoping that in time we can find solutions that can help us regrow all of our hair back and truly have immortal hair.

I'm no genius, but over time, I have become a scientific minded person. When I pop a pill, or rub something onto my scalp, I like to know the exact reason I'm doing it. I like to know the results of others that came before me when doing it also. If it can help me to improve my existing hair that's great!! I was just more or less curious to know if anyone, from trying anything, or any combination of things at all, has ever actually regrown very noticeable, long, normal, thick hair, and not just fuzz. I've never seen anyone that has, but I'd love to see the pictures if anyone know of anywhere that i can view them.

brianf

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:45 pm

I do understand what you mean brianf and I must agree in your approach to all this. I think this site and IH does a great job providing information, what would the Internet be without guys like this? affraid

...but I would be trilled of people could provide photos showing real results.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:17 pm

brianf - As all of us very well know, there are seemingly hundreds, maybe even thousands of different products out there, most of which may or may not help to a degree.

Personally, I am extremely happy with my own results and have literally exceeded my earlier expectations (due to advancements over the past years).

Success at combating hair loss has many degrees and definitions.

While androgens can initiate miniaturization, other factors can exacerbate it. Additionally, the longer "silent" or micro-inflammation is present, the more probable that the inroads of such inflammation have created significant changes to the scalp and pilosebaceous unit.

For example, heart disease does not occur over night, it occurs gradually over a long period. Hair loss, depending on the severity is going to play a large part in results and realistic recovery expectations. There is an opportunity window, at least according to one study, that suggests that 3-years without treatment can present an enormous challenge to overcome hair loss based on androgen block aid therapy.

Hair loss in of itself can represent several different problems in the body and to identify which one is applicable can take time.

There are many health challenges that can and will make or break success at hair loss treatment, and this is really why this site exists. This society we live in has been spoon fed to believe in quick or immediate results and to treat only the symptom and not the cause. This philosophy is a dismal failure in medicine.

Even the absence of any health problems, many of us actually have something wrong with us, we just are not aware of it. For example, mild insulin resistance, improper diet, various metal toxicities, food allergies, gastrointestinal problems, sub clinical thyroid problems (very common), essential fatty acid imbalances, enzyme and vitamin receptor weakness, etc.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:04 am

Caustic, that was an extremely informed and intelligent post.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  isaac Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:07 pm

CS,

Anything outside the top 6 you would recommend to combat excess androgens? Or is the top 6 enough? I had the tell tale sign of excess androgens with excess body hair growth etc...

isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:02 am

isaac - The Dr. Ohhira's, Essential Formula Inc., Probiotics 12 PLUS, that will help. But if you're really looking to cut off some androgens (not really a good idea for most of us) there is Beta-Sitosterol. If you try it, try not to exceed 100 milligrams per day.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down