Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Do you think that one day there will be an actual hair loss cure? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Do you think that one day there will be an actual hair loss cure? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Do you think that one day there will be an actual hair loss cure? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Do you think that one day there will be an actual hair loss cure? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Do you think that one day there will be an actual hair loss cure? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Do you think that one day there will be an actual hair loss cure? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Do you think that one day there will be an actual hair loss cure? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Do you think that one day there will be an actual hair loss cure? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Do you think that one day there will be an actual hair loss cure? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Do you think that one day there will be an actual hair loss cure?

+3
SonofOdin
iuyyighghghgkh
Jay07
7 posters

Go down

Do you think that one day there will be an actual hair loss cure? Empty Do you think that one day there will be an actual hair loss cure?

Post  Jay07 Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:17 am

Like in the future... A pill? Or a treatment that actually stops hairloss and regrown hair back? So everyone could have hair?

Thoughts or opinions?

Jay07

Back to top Go down

Do you think that one day there will be an actual hair loss cure? Empty Re: Do you think that one day there will be an actual hair loss cure?

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:21 am

Your mentality is wrong.

You view hair loss as independent,

not connected to everything else.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Do you think that one day there will be an actual hair loss cure? Empty Re: Do you think that one day there will be an actual hair loss cure?

Post  Jay07 Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:42 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:Your mentality is wrong.

You view hair loss as independent,

not connected to everything else.

Don't be like that.. I'm still tackling hair loss, I'm just asking this a simple topic for discussion as I'm interested not because I'm relying on there being.

Jay07

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:53 am

no

because that's not how it works

it's like asking if autism will cured in 10 years time

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:36 am

I don't see why finding a way to silence the balding gene(s) would not be the cure. I see people with no mpb in their family living the most unhealthy lives imaginable and still have full heads of hair. The Jersey Shore male cast members are now in their thirties and their lifestyles have not caught up to them hair-wise. My father suddenly went bald in his early twenties. So have I. We were both ticking time bombs who grew up in extremely different ways. Father lived on a farm, only ate fresh produce, hunted and fished for much of his food and lived an active lifestyle by helping his dad run the farm. Myself, city boy, ate quite a bit of fast food cause that's what the family ate, but became fixated on optimizing my health in my teens where I began cooking all my own food, and exercising. Both very different lifestyles, backgrounds and environments, yet identical outcomes. The component in common was genetics.

Edit: To answer the question, no, I do not think this is anywhere in the near future. Male Pattern Baldness is a male problem, and also viewed as a nonissue by the medical community because it is not life threatening. The majority of funding goes towards illnesses that afflict females, not males. The most simple example is breast cancer vs prostate cancer. The psychological effects are not recognized by anyone but those who possess mpb, and are shamed and picked apart if they show any weakness. The only answer you'll get is to own your baldness, or for people to claim we are lucky we don't have cancer.

Just as it is easier for a woman to get breast implants than it is for a man to be socially accepted in getting a hair transplant, so is it harder for scientists to be accepted as a researcher for hair loss. Not to mention the funding is just not there. That's what I think, but I could be wrong.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:11 am

Hair loss (MPB) is multifactorial. So the "cure" or method to silence a set of gene expressions can be done, however I would use the word "cure" loosely because eradication of the offending problem(s) does not occur in a short period of time.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:20 pm

DT + Enough time is the cure IMO.
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:45 am

Yup....maybe that the exact causes, but for hair loss alone yes. It will be in a manageable form of treatment IMO. Science is moving faster then ever

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoungforthis Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:48 am

the" science is moving faster than ever" comment can really be applied for anything because we are always at the peak of civilization as long as we live lol... i'm confident people in the 70s,80s thought that a cure would be here as soon as the new millennium came about. it's been 15 years and we are still COMMENCIng certain trials for products which will be here in a decade if we are lucky..

I believe it will be cured 150% no doubt. but i don't see how it should matter to me unless it is cured not only in my lifetime but in time for my YOUTH.

Gene editing(extremely far off)we won't see it most likely
stem cell therapies(very far off) both of these will make current medicine obsolete lol and the possibilities are completely endless to what we can achieve

Although who knows if some discovery is made which out of nowhere brings everything within our reach.
I still have high hopes for DT though .

If you are gonna accept balding.. i feel men with teenage beards(very diffuse/uneven/minimal coverage beards) are at a significant disadvantage. because if you are bald and nicely trimmed beard.... boy can you look good.

yo won't be as pretty as with hair but youll simply evolve into a more manly,bad-ass looking dude.. and if you can manage not to give a fuck about hair loss(at least not show that it makes you self concious) you will see just how little da ladies care about it... and if they do care about it... i'm afraid you'll be dissapointed in this girl in a few years...

a little quote from a guitar master " the wrapping MAY be important, the contents MUST BE"

tooyoungforthis

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoungforthis Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:51 am

the" science is moving faster than ever" comment can really be applied for anything because we are always at the peak of civilization as long as we live lol... i'm confident people in the 70s,80s thought that a cure would be here as soon as the new millennium came about. it's been 15 years and we are still COMMENCIng certain trials for products which will be here in a decade if we are lucky..

I believe it will be cured 150% no doubt. but i don't see how it should matter to me unless it is cured not only in my lifetime but in time for my YOUTH.

Gene editing(extremely far off)we won't see it most likely
stem cell therapies(very far off)   both of these will make current medicine obsolete lol and the possibilities are completely endless to what we can achieve

Although who knows if some discovery is made which out of nowhere brings everything within our reach.
I still have high hopes for DT though .

If you are gonna accept balding.. i feel men with teenage beards(very diffuse/uneven/minimal coverage beards) are at a significant disadvantage. because if you are bald and nicely trimmed beard.... boy can you look good.

yo won't be as pretty as with hair but youll simply evolve into a more manly,bad-ass looking dude.. and if you can manage not to give a fuck about hair loss(at least not show that it makes you self concious) you will see just how little da ladies care about it... and if they do care about it... i'm afraid you'll be dissapointed in this girl in a few years...

a little quote from a guitar master " the wrapping MAY be important, the contents MUST BE"

tooyoungforthis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down