Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
What kind of "milk" is the healthiest? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
What kind of "milk" is the healthiest? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What kind of "milk" is the healthiest? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What kind of "milk" is the healthiest? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What kind of "milk" is the healthiest? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What kind of "milk" is the healthiest? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What kind of "milk" is the healthiest? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What kind of "milk" is the healthiest? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What kind of "milk" is the healthiest? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What kind of "milk" is the healthiest?

+14
sneha123
pancacke
Misirlou
Balthier
Silverlin
j87x
tonyj
tooyoung
Nocturnalhorse
Mastery
barefoot
CausticSymmetry
Hoppipolla
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What kind of "milk" is the healthiest? Empty What kind of "milk" is the healthiest?

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:36 pm

At thr moment I am veering towards organic skimmed goat's milk or organic fermented soy milk. What do you guys think? Smile

Hoppi! ^_^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

What kind of "milk" is the healthiest? Empty Re: What kind of "milk" is the healthiest?

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:40 pm

Hoppipolla - Raw milk (grass-fed).

Organic alone really means almost nothing except that perhaps there are no antibiotics or hormones.

http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/show/1709687-the-case-for-raw-milk

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

What kind of "milk" is the healthiest? Empty Re: What kind of "milk" is the healthiest?

Post  barefoot Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:51 pm

I've heard somewhere that goat's milk is closer to human milk.

barefoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:28 pm

Ditch the pasteurized....

Colostrum is also very beneficial. Many people swear by it

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:53 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Hoppipolla - Raw milk (grass-fed).

Organic alone really means almost nothing except that perhaps there are no antibiotics or hormones.

Ah thank you CS, I remember hearing about raw milk! Only issue is it's probably quite tricky to get hold of and also fatty I would imagine O.O

Is my skimmed goat's milk ok (as of course it's available at all the local supermarkets) or I wonder if I can get skimmed raw milk. Is pasteurized actually bad, or just not as good?

Thanks! I love cereal but had no idea what I should be putting on it lol
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:57 am

Even raw cow's dairy gave me some itching. Raw goat's dairy suits me the best.
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:36 am

Hoppipolla wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:Hoppipolla - Raw milk (grass-fed).

Ah thank you CS, I remember hearing about raw milk! Only issue is it's probably quite tricky to get hold of and also fatty I would imagine O.O

Is my skimmed goat's milk ok (as of course it's available at all the local supermarkets) or I wonder if I can get skimmed raw milk. Is pasteurized actually bad, or just not as good?

Thanks! I love cereal but had no idea what I should be putting on it lol

Personally, I would ditch the cereal too! Just my 02 cents... Try a raw bunch of dandelions for breakfast!
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:22 am

When in Upstate NY, I love drinking raw milk. Everything upstate is conducive to health and well-being. I also love eating pure maple syrup and eggs for breakfast and fresh trout for lunch, all that you harvested the day before. Once back in the concrete jungle, there aren't many sources of unpasteurized milk. My second choice is then Almond Breeze without sugar, to which I add stevia drops. Tastes great in oatmeal, decent in coffee.

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:00 am

I've found it hard to get any milk in the UK worth drinking so just dropped it altogether. I suppose I didn't try hard but it wasn't worth looking that hard for.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:24 am

Raw milk from A2 cows is better than the A1 cows. Milk from older breeds like the Jersey or the African (A2 cows) contain the amino acid proline in the beta-casein protein while in the younger breeds like the Holsteins (A1 cows), the proline amino acid has mutated and as a result is causing many of the allergic reactions in people.

This is important because beta-casein also contains an amino acid called BCM-7, which is a powerful opiate linked to negative health effects. Well, the proline that exists in A2 cows has a strong bond to BCM-7, which helps keep it out of the cows’ milk. The histidine in the newer A1 cows, however, has a weak hold on BCM-7, which allows it to get into the milk, and also into the people who drink the milk.

So the theory goes that by drinking milk from A1 cows, which are the predominant cows used for dairy products in the United States, you’re exposed to BCM-7, which has been linked to:

* Neurological impairment, including autistic and schizophrenic changes
* Type 1 diabetes
* An impaired immune response
* Autoimmune disease
* Heart disease…”

The Bovine - In re; to Mercola's Article on Raw Milk
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:19 am

Almond milk.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:19 am

To be honest, my diet has become significantly lazier since my new-found confidence about my liver fat theory! Now, I just pretty much avoid overdoing fat, refined sugar, alcohol, gluten, heavier meats or dairy, but mostly just eat a fairly normal, reasonably healthy diet Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:21 am

j87x wrote:Almond milk.

Ah is almond milk good then? I should try it sometime!

Is rice milk NOT good? I lose track lol ^^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:48 pm

The healthiest milk for human consumption is human breast milk from a healthy female. Next human breast milk kefir! Your next best bet is Raw grass fed organic Goats milk Kefir!. Then finally raw grass fed organic goats milk.

Cows milk should only be consumed sparingly IMO/E, it will cause inflammation.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:57 pm

almond milk bought in store usually will be pasteurized unless you,or the seller make it themselves so the fat will be destroyed by heat not good. Coconut milk is probably the best option next to raw grass fed milk if you can obtain that in your state. It can be cooked is heat stable,but still is better raw.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:18 pm

Pasteurization and ultra-pasteurization sucks in general, of which almost everything is nowadays: milk, orange juice and every other juice, vinegar, wine, maple syrup, honey, cream, beer etc. The process elicits an immune response and destroys so many of the vitamins and nutrients. Unfortunately, the US govt. has mandated since 2007 that almonds be pasteurized due to two stray cases of salmonella.

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:34 pm

What about raw almonds and reversed osmosis water straight into the almond mill (= raw almond milk)?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:37 am

Silverlin wrote:The healthiest milk for human consumption is human breast milk from a healthy female.
Sounds delicious! Just make sure they are free-range and grassfed... http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/862438/

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:59 am

Misirlou wrote:What about raw almonds and reversed osmosis water straight into the almond mill (= raw almond milk)?

If you can for sure get raw almonds yes lot of almonds are heat treated now http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_4742.cfm
drinking coconut milk you'll be getting lauric acid which is contained in breast milk.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:03 pm

Sounds delicious! Just make sure they are free-range and grassfed... http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/862438/

WOW! Next time I get another facebook contact by a crazy cat lady to meet, I just might take up her offer. santa
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  sneha123 Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:55 pm

Hello to all.....WOW!!!! that's true ....i agree with this post.... Next time I get another facebook contact by a crazy cat lady to meet, I just might take up her offer.........Thanks for sharing ,,,,,, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

sneha123

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:37 am

Silverlin wrote:The healthiest milk for human consumption is human breast milk from a healthy female. Next human breast milk kefir! Your next best bet is Raw grass fed organic Goats milk Kefir!. Then finally raw grass fed organic goats milk.

Cows milk should only be consumed sparingly IMO/E, it will cause inflammation.

I agree with this, human milk then goat milk.. I read in a few places how goat milk is better for humans.

Having said that, humans are not meant to drink even human milk from a healthy female as adults, so why would these adults want to drink any kind of milk, human, goat, cow etc.. Is there something in milk one can't get from other sources?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:44 am

Also, I could find grass-fed cows and raw milk from them in the midwest where I live, but the goats I found, even the organic ones were "not" eating grass they were eating a mixture of things that contained organic "corn" .. The farmer was proud of their goat feed as it was organic and specially made (better than crap that commercial goats eat) I was also told by the farmer that goats eat anything because they dont graze like cows but browse around and are curious and chow everything... Also on the news I saw a business owner using goats to mow bushy lawns, they even eat poisonous plants..

This leads me to wondering: If grass-fed cow milk from A2 cows is the best cow milk, what is the best goat milk? precisely what should these goats be eating to produce the best goat milk?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  angstman Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:20 am

Coconut Milk, this is all I drink now

http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/coconut_milk_beverage.html
angstman
angstman

http://www.eezeekial.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:13 pm

teacup - Goats will generally eat most things, but still a diet primarily grass fed is ideal. If the goat is given grain (which is often the case because it boosts milk production)then you'll want to try and avoid that if you can. Quality goats milk will always be superior to quality cows milk for human consumption.

Having said all that, i personally wouldn't drink milk everyday. I have it now and then, but id advise to make it only a medium/small portion of your diet. What you want to have everyday or close to, is yogurt and kefir. I personally consume this stuff 6 days a week, 3 weeks a month. IMO its good to have breaks.

I totally think there is a potential market for harvesting human breast milk LoL Though id only consume it as kefir.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next