Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Dr. Oz: The Healthiest Diet! EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Dr. Oz: The Healthiest Diet! EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Dr. Oz: The Healthiest Diet! EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Dr. Oz: The Healthiest Diet! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Dr. Oz: The Healthiest Diet! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Dr. Oz: The Healthiest Diet! EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Dr. Oz: The Healthiest Diet! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Dr. Oz: The Healthiest Diet! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Dr. Oz: The Healthiest Diet! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Dr. Oz: The Healthiest Diet!

+9
baller234
tonyj
DouglasM
nidhogge
CausticSymmetry
sdguy
blackjack
zanza
misterE
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dr. Oz: The Healthiest Diet! Empty Dr. Oz: The Healthiest Diet!

Post  misterE Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:48 am

misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Dr. Oz: The Healthiest Diet! Empty Re: Dr. Oz: The Healthiest Diet!

Post  zanza Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:18 am

interesting video. Didn't Dr Oz rally everyone to get swine flu vaccines last year, but admit himself he wouldn't give it to his family?

zanza

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:45 am

zanza wrote:Didn't Dr Oz rally everyone to get swine flu vaccines last year, but admit himself he wouldn't give it to his family?

I don't know.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:56 am

It's a good idea to eat lots of green leafy veggies and fruits... But of course its not a good idea to eat only fruits and veggies...cut out the grains,legumes.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  zanza Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:14 pm

so much different information! Some say eating all beef helped them regrow their hair, some say vegan is what can help.

Aggghhhh!!

zanza

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Zanza, I think the main point CS tries to make is that it's important to eat for your own particular nutritional type. In addition, control insulin issues by reducing high glycemic foods (refined flour and grains) and sugar.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:23 pm

zanza wrote:so much different information! Some say eating all beef helped them regrow their hair, some say vegan is what can help.

Aggghhhh!!

Like Dr. Oz says: "LOOK AROUND!"

Countries that eat the most animal-protein and processed-foods are the sickest. Countries that eat the most whole-grain and legumes like beans and rice, with the addition of fruit and veggies have the best health. Do you remember in the video where Dr. Oz says you only need 10% of your calories from protein! Think of how much protein Americans eat!

It is my belief that too much protein increases your free-IGF-1 too much and that lowers SHBG, which enables the conversion of testosterone into estrogen and DHT.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:01 pm

The protein myth is China Study propaganda through and through. The science is so poor that only die-hard vegans will swallow it.

Let's take a look at one of the oldest civilizations, who subsisted on very large quantities of quality protein and plenty of saturated fat. The Aborigines of Australia are recognized to be the oldest living race of mankind. Little baldness was seen even in the very old.

This was documented by Weston A. Price back in the late 19 and 20th centuries with over 18,000 photographs taken.
The primitive races who did not engage in refined starches and sugars, thrived.

Dr. Oz: The Healthiest Diet! Zzzzzf10

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:10 pm

I don't know about the whole beans and rice = good health thing mistere, I live just north of Mexico and they're generally fat and unhealthy, and what do they live on? Beans and rice, plus lots and lots of corn - a big carb.

CS, the only issue I have with the aborigine issue is that American black people tend to have much fewer probs with baldness than whites and their diets are generally worse. Some genetics at work there along with diet for the aborigines I think.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:12 pm

sdguy - Yes, that's a valid point--I agree.

Another example of this is the New Zealand Māori (also before the introduction of "civilized foods").

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:54 pm

I do agree protein should be low.. 10% is to low.... 15-20% is more ideal.

i do look around and people are not vegetarians or raw fooders..

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:07 pm

Black folks simply have a much different type of hair than white folks do. They do experience MPB, but the fact that it's much less whites may have something to do with this.

Dr. Oz, as usual, is half-right or half-wrong (or entirely). He's a straight-up shill for allopathic medicine with some natural thrown in. That BS about only needing 10% of our diet in protein. If it's grass-fed, hormone-free, our diet can be 100%. Why? Because the animales we're eating are herbivores! Their bodies process all the nutrition from the grass that they feed on, and that gets passed on to us; minerals, vitamins, you name it. You are what you eat! Which brings me back a bit to this quote in this thread:

Countries that eat the most animal-protein and processed-foods are the sickest.

What kind of animal protein are they eating? Anti-biotic and hormone-laden beef, fed on Omega-6 rich grains and corn, generally often sick and living in poor, unnatural conditions. You don't think you'll have a sick country when your country is eating a bunch of that? That's just common sense. Factor in the processed food, and you got a recipe for disaster.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  DouglasM Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:28 pm

I've seen that guy on TV before, he irks me the wrong way

I don't trust him.....there was one show where he was all about looking younger and it was kind of ridiculous
DouglasM
DouglasM

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:12 am

Kitavan islanders in Papua New Guinea are dam healthy and they eat 70% carbs, 20% fat, 10% protein... most of there fat is saturated fat.
there omega 3-6 is very well balanced...

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:24 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:The protein myth is China Study propaganda through and through. The science is so poor that only die-hard vegans will swallow it.

Dr. Oz swallowed it. Why would the China-Study spread propaganda? What are they trying to sell? More rice? More vegetables? If anything you are spreading propaganda to protect the billion-dollar meat & dairy industry!

"The science is so poor"... just like all the other copious amounts of scientific studies that go against your diet?
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:28 am

sdguy wrote:I don't know about the whole beans and rice = good health thing mistere, I live just north of Mexico and they're generally fat and unhealthy, and what do they live on? Beans and rice, plus lots and lots of corn - a big carb.

But they also use lots and lots of lard and cheese. They might not drink milk, but they do slather everything with cheese. For instance, they eat beans and rice, but they probably put huge amounts of lard in with it.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:31 am

blackjack wrote:
i do look around and people are not vegetarians or raw fooders..

Far from it!
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:38 am

show me a group of people that live long and healthy that are vegetarians / raw fooders

OKinawans eat plenty of fish and pork and cook a good amount of there food, i dont know of any group of people that live longer than the okinawans.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:41 am

I wonder what Dr. Oz did to his hair to go from a Norwood 1 back in 2002 to a Norwood Zero present time.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:42 am

blackjack wrote:show me a group of people that live long and healthy that are vegetarians / raw fooders

There aren't any groups of people (yet) that are solely vegan, but it is clear that the less animal-products and processed-foods you eat, the better health you are in.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:43 am

tonyj wrote:I wonder what Dr. Oz did to his hair to go from a Norwood 1 back in 2002 to a Norwood Zero present time.

Maybe he followed his own advice.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:54 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:The protein myth is China Study propaganda through and through. The science is so poor that only die-hard vegans will swallow it.

Let's take a look at one of the oldest civilizations, who subsisted on very large quantities of quality protein and plenty of saturated fat. The Aborigines of Australia are recognized to be the oldest living race of mankind. Little baldness was seen even in the very old.

This was documented by Weston A. Price back in the late 19 and 20th centuries with over 18,000 photographs taken.
The primitive races who did not engage in refined starches and sugars, thrived.

Dr. Oz: The Healthiest Diet! Zzzzzf10

To be completely fair I seriously doubt that the AGA gene is present to any appreciable degree in that isolated gene pool.

That's the problem with saying this population eats this and doesn't have acne/MPB/heart disease/whatever. Usually the populations being used as an example are an isolated group (Inuit, Aboriginies, Okinwans, etc) so they probably don't have a very strong genetic disposition to whatever affliction is being studied. What would be interesting is if a white caucasian with a strong dispostion to acne/AGA was raised from birth by one of these fabled ethnicities.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:12 am

Also, keep in mind that if humans really were meant to eat more than 10% protein, then wouldn't human breast milk show that? If it were true that certain races of people were made to eat a high-animal product diet, then wouldn't caucasian women, inuit women, and aborigine women produce milk that had 30%, 50%, maybe even 70% protein? Why is it human milk is only 10% protein across the world?

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:16 am

i think humans do best anywhere from 10-20% protein..

fat is where its at! possibly higher in carbs depending on the person

but never vegan thats for dam sure.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:18 am

Can Low-Protein, High-Carbohydrate Diets Be Healthy?

Although most of the diets described by Dr. Weston Price contained generous amounts of animal foods, a few were characterized by low levels of animal foods and a high carbohydrate intake. Several African groups consumed insects, small dried fish and shrimp, and small amounts of shrimp paste as their chief animal foods, with large amounts carbohydrates from tubers, grains, fruits like bananas, and vegetables. Natives of the high Andes consumed small amounts of animal foods in the form of Guinea pigs and dried seafood, particularly dried fish eggs, with large amounts of carbohydrates from potatoes and grains. Even the Swiss diet was relatively low in protein (milk has 2 percent of calories as protein, Swiss cheese has 23 percent of calories as protein) and high in carbohydrates from bread and milk. Protein intake may have been less than 10 percent in these diets, and carbohydrate intake in the range of 60 percent, yet these groups had excellent dental health and a high level of overall good health.

These healthy high-carbohydrate, low-protein diets have several factors in common. One is that the animal foods were of exceptional quality. Insects, dried fish, shrimp, fish eggs and butter from pasture-fed cows are all excellent sources of the fat-soluble activators. Secondly, the carbohydrate foods were usually fermented, a process that greatly increases nutrient values and makes minerals more available. Finally, these diets contained no refined or devitalized foods.

A low-protein, high carbohydrate diet is risky for those living in the industrialized world, where nutrient-dense animal foods like insects and fish eggs are avoided, where carbohydrate foods are not usually fermented, and where it is difficult to completely avoid refined and devitalized foods. Higher levels of animal foods in conjunction with quality animal fats supplying ample amounts of vitamins A and D, provide an extra measure of protection in western diets.

http://www.westonaprice.org/abcs-of-nutrition/176-adventures-in-macro-nutrient-land.html

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next