Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Xylitol topical to kill germs and internalyl for candida EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Xylitol topical to kill germs and internalyl for candida EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Xylitol topical to kill germs and internalyl for candida EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Xylitol topical to kill germs and internalyl for candida EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Xylitol topical to kill germs and internalyl for candida EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Xylitol topical to kill germs and internalyl for candida EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Xylitol topical to kill germs and internalyl for candida EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Xylitol topical to kill germs and internalyl for candida EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Xylitol topical to kill germs and internalyl for candida EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Xylitol topical to kill germs and internalyl for candida

4 posters

Go down

Xylitol topical to kill germs and internalyl for candida Empty Xylitol topical to kill germs and internalyl for candida

Post  teacup Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:55 am

I purchased Xylitol and used in making some sweets. Xylitol is used in dental products because it seems to kill bacteria and yeast. If you use it in bread dough the bread wont rise. I think CS uses Xylitol as a mouth wash.

1- How about using Xylitol topically to kill of germs, yeast, bacteria etc in the scalp.
2- If I eat sweets made with Xylitol would this kill Candida in the gut? Does it also kill off beneficial gut flora?

Thanks
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Xylitol topical to kill germs and internalyl for candida Empty Re: Xylitol topical to kill germs and internalyl for candida

Post  scottyc33 Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:27 am

According to this site, Xylitol is a miracle substance!

http://davidgowing.com/xylitol-a-sweetener-that-can-improve-your-health/

- does not require an insulin response to be metabolized
- improved bone density in rats
- prevents cavities - promotes an alkaline environment, which helps protect tooth enamel and remineralise the teeth, plus it kills bacteria!
- As xylitol can kill and reduce bacteria, it has been used to control inner ear infections.
- When used as a nasal spray, xylitol can help reduce bacteria leading to sinus infections.
- Xylitol can also be helpful in preventing the growth of candida.
- wrinkles - short term xylitol supplementation increased the production of collagen in rats
- Xylitol helps to maintain and restore glutathione levels.

DOGS
It causes a rapid drop in blood sugar in dogs, and possible seizures. So please do not give xylitol to yours or anybody else’s dog!

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Xylitol topical to kill germs and internalyl for candida Empty Re: Xylitol topical to kill germs and internalyl for candida

Post  teacup Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:30 am

scottyc33 - Thanks. It is such a fantastic substance! I bought some to use in sweets but I used it as mouth wash today before brushing my teeth Smile

I am wondering if it could kill scalp parasites if applied topically.. and once ingested does it kill beneficial gut flora?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:49 am

teacup - I've never heard of it being used topically, except in the ear for infections.

Might be worth experimenting with.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:57 pm

Polyol sugars like Xylitol should work agains yeasts and some bacteria... try it topically (dandruff). I believe Ted from earth clinic recommends it that way.

I use xylitol for my teeth and also to sweeten my home made yogurt.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:04 pm

LittleFighter wrote:Polyol sugars like Xylitol should work agains yeasts and some bacteria... try it topically (dandruff). I believe Ted from earth clinic recommends it that way.

So... this stuff doesn't kill the bacteria in your yogurt?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:12 pm

teacup wrote:
LittleFighter wrote:Polyol sugars like Xylitol should work agains yeasts and some bacteria... try it topically (dandruff). I believe Ted from earth clinic recommends it that way.

teacup, no, it doesn't messes with good bacteria.

You can see that various probotic gum products contain Xylitol... so it is not counterproductive.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:18 pm

LittleFighter wrote:
teacup wrote:

teacup, no, it doesn't messes with good bacteria.

You can see that various probotic gum products contain Xylitol... so it is not counterproductive.

BTW, AFAIK, Xylitol works by inhibiting the binding of pathogens to surfaces, not by directly killing them.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:29 pm

It also starves them:

The researchers found that the mothers in the xylitol group had "a 70% reduction in cavities (dmf)."[15] Recent research[16] confirms a plaque-reducing effect and suggests that the compound, having some chemical properties similar to sucrose, attracts and then "starves" harmful micro-organisms, allowing the mouth to remineralize damaged teeth with less interruption. (However, this same effect also interferes with yeast micro-organisms and others, so xylitol is inappropriate for making yeast-based bread, for instance.) This is because cariogenic bacteria prefer fermentable six carbon surgars, such as sucrose, as opposed to the non-fermentable Xylitol, whose anti-microbial properties then "starve" off the bacteria, reducing its growth and reproduction. [17]
Source: wikipedia
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down