Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Xylitol good for hair? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Xylitol good for hair? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Xylitol good for hair? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Xylitol good for hair? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Xylitol good for hair? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Xylitol good for hair? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Xylitol good for hair? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Xylitol good for hair? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Xylitol good for hair? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Xylitol good for hair?

+2
gdfghh
hairisthickening
6 posters

Go down

Xylitol good for hair? Empty Xylitol good for hair?

Post  hairisthickening Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:00 pm

Will Xylitol (natural sweetner from birch tree) have a negative impact on your hair? If its not bad enough I have to watch my hair slowly recede I also have some major teeth problems. Sometimes I hate knowing so much because I realize root canals can be toxic.

So basically I had a tooth that is missing a chunk (about 20% of tooth gone) and is decaying so to speak. It broke off when I was eating a oatmeal bar over a year ago. It started hurting about 4 months ago and I started taking natural means to make the pain go away.

Well anyways I started oil pulling with coconut oil 15 mins each morning and this got rid of the pain. I was in so much pain I was going to have to get the tooth pulled it was so bad. Thankfully the coconut oil worked within days. Anyways now im faced with pulling the tooth or getting a root canal.

So what Am I Going To Do?

Well I bought some Xylitol at whole foods yesterday that is made from tree birch. I have read of people reversing tooth decay with this and even healing cavities. Keep in mind my cavity is really large and is a big hole. My plan is to get it "healed" enough to get a onlay or inlay which is basically a big filling.

I would just get the tooth pulled but it's a molar next to my first molar which was already pulled. So if I have 2 molars right next to each other I feel like it's gonna make my face saggy maybe. In my mind getting the tooth pulled is not an option and neither is a root canal.

So now my only hope is healing the tooth with the oil pulling, xylitol and other means. Might have to look into taking raw butter oil and fermented cod liver oil too. But of course with all of this said I got to worry about my hair too.

I dont want to do anything that is going to make my hairloss worse. So I want to ask if Xylitol is ok for the hair is I eat say 10 grams a day and also swish it in my mouth? For that matter too is fermented cod liver oil and butter oil also ok? Man I hate my teeth and hair problems. what a pain they really are.

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Xylitol good for hair? Empty Re: Xylitol good for hair?

Post  gdfghh Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:01 pm

In my opinion, adequate calcium and vitamin K2 will do much more to heal the tooth than xylitol will.
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Post  hairisthickening Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:37 pm

Satan where do I get that from and will it harm my hair? Thanks Smile

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:00 pm

According to Dr. Robert Nara and others, cavities can mineralize over. http://mizar5.com/heal.htm

xylitol is good, also oil pulling. You might also try using magnesium oil and MSM orally (taking MSM internally as well), both work to strengthen teeth and gums.
I take alfalfa and kelp tablets which are also very good for this.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  hairisthickening Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:58 pm

thanks. Just curious....I have a little piece of food stuck in the hole of the cavity. I know its gross but I cannot get it out. Do you think this will screw up my healing? I tried getting it out but it is soo tough. It hurts to poke where it's at. I tried swishing etc....it wont come out,lol.

do you guys think I can still heal my tooth or is this piece of food going to screw me up? I mean I suppose it could still heal right? I just pray I can find someone to do a filling on this tooth and not a root canal.

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  jenny123 Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:55 am

Today hair falling become common problem for everyone so your advice are really helping for all of us.

jenny123

http://www.ashokaengineering.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  gdfghh Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:24 am

hairisthickening wrote:Satan where do I get that from and will it harm my hair? Thanks Smile
If you eat eggs, look into eggshell calcium. I've began supplementing K2. A lot of people don't realize that the teeth are like any other part of the body and can heal and regenerate given the proper materials and environment. As a general rule of thumb, anything that benefits your health will benefit your hair as well, it's all the same picture.
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:16 am

Xylitol is very hair safe. I've been using it for several years.

As the others pointed out, use of K2 and other co-factors are important for healing. Rinsing with salt, etc.

The process of tooth decay is rarely explained in truth. It was elucidated in the late 90's and it has to do with fluid flow, which is governed by the parotid gland. If high glucose in the blood is stimulated to an excessive level, it freezes this gland and reverses the fluid flow, causing the flow of nutrients backward and tooth degenerating acids inward.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:00 am

The other day I bought some organic wine, a red Zinfandel, very bitter tasting. I got the inspiration to add xylitol, it took some spoonfuls, but this made it much more palatable,
and I am sure, also much more tooth-friendly, since it's alkalizing.

This is a good page on the fluid flow/caries connection. In fact, the whole site is a gold mine of info on dental issues:
http://www.healingteethnaturally.com/dentinal-fluid-transport-steinman-leonora.html
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueGround Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Keep up with the oil pulling. Also, as CS said, use salt rinses regularly. As far as getting food out of the cavity and keeping it free of debris, go buy yourself a WaterPik water flosser. I've been using one for about 3 months now and its a fantastic flossing alternative and would definitely be beneficial for you. It's a pressurized, pulsating water jet that will easily clear debris out of your tooth cavity. Start using it on a low setting and gradually move up to higher pressure settings as your gums adjust.

TrueGround

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:47 pm

The benefits of xylitol as described here sound almost too good to be true!

http://www.vrp.com/xylitol/xylitol-a-sweet-alternative-unique-sweetener-supports-oral-health

Summary of Benefits
Xylitol is a sweet-tasting sugar substitute that has been approved for use in more than 35 countries. Consumption of xylitol is associated with a significant reduction in tooth decay, resulting in fewer cavities and resolution of periodontal disease. Xylitol has been shown to contribute to increased bone density, weight loss, stabilization of blood
sugar and lowering of insulin levels. Additional benefits include:

Increases energy by enhancing ATP production
Increases utilization of fat
Replenishes glycogen
Anabolic — keeps biosynthetic pathways open
Anticatabolic —helps maintain lean muscle mass
Antioxidant —generates NADPH, keeping glutathione in an active state
Increases endurance
Reduces free radical and oxidative damage

Dosages of xylitol up to 15 grams per day have been used in clinical studies, with excellent results for a number of clinical conditions. The safety of xylitol has been extensively tested. To date, it is completely devoid of adverse effects. And the best part, is that it tastes good.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down