Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Something in the water... EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Something in the water... EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Something in the water... EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Something in the water... EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Something in the water... EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Something in the water... EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Something in the water... EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Something in the water... EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Something in the water... EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Something in the water...

3 posters

Go down

Something in the water... Empty Something in the water...

Post  Smurfy Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:07 am

First off, this is my first post... been frequenting here for almost a year I think, so, nice to meet you all, and hope I can contribute with some personal experiences since I haven't done a ton of research.

Anyway, I know this has been brought up before, but I think it's important- there's something not right about the water supply (at least where I live). Nearly all the men, and some women on my street have lost a lot of their hair, and no ones hair is in very good shape... well except for a few of course. There's 20-25ish people on my street. Now I know this may be a coincidence, but even the people who take better care of themselves have this as well. I personally notice that when I shower, my hair becomes pretty flat and lifeless, dry, brittle, kind of wirey, itchy scalp, and takes a long time to dry. This coming even AFTER I put in a shower filter and use organic shampoo. Before that I felt like my skin was going to dry up and fall off me, and I shed hairs just from moving my head it seemed like.

So my point here is... what's the deal? I know the filters take out chlorine, and there's a huge difference, I can tell. But flouride? I'm not too sure. Also my hair seems to be rougher and frizzier than any of my friends/relatives outside the immediate area. It doesn't play nicely with wind either. After I shower, I don't dare go outside until it's completely dry, otherwise it will practically stand up and frizz out (even being longer!). This never happens when I leave the area to visit relatives or someone.

Now, the drinking part- I was on a water-drinking craze during the summer, partly because there was nothing better to drink. (Milk or coke? Don't think so.) After 4-5 months of drinking half a gallon of water a day, Brita-filtered, I had serious issues. I stopped drinking water 2 months ago due to the side-effects. That's right, side effects from the water. My hair could be almost easily pulled out, was flat, thinning faster, ugly, I had spasms in most muscles of my body almost constantly, couldn't sleep well, saliva was almost pure water-consistency even upon waking. Since I've stopped, all the above have cleared up considerably!

I'm NW2ish. A friend of mine rarely showers, doesn't drink the water, but eats and drinks crap (not literally of course), has no hair loss except for some general mild thinning, based on diet and lifestyle I'd imagine.

On days I don't shower, my hair looks and feels better than if I did. Anyone else hate their water supply? (its public water by the way)
If it is flouride, this stuff can't be good at all topically for hair, I know thats no-brainer, but it may absorb through the skin and scalp. I got myself back on track with iodine, went through a nice detox from it, and have felt much better ever since I stopped drinking the water and showering every 2-3 days instead.

Is it the flouride? Oxidized copper piping? I do think water quality plays a role in hair loss via thyroid or something.

Thanks everyone, I'm here for you too! Very Happy
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Something in the water... Empty Re: Something in the water...

Post  sdguy Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:21 am

If you're worried about water, forget the Brita filter and find a store that sells reverse osmosis water. You may want to add a few drops of minerals like Concentrace to it and that should provide a healthy source of drinking water. After you buy the 5 gallon bottle it's cheap too, my local store sells it for $0.40 a gallon as opposed to the $1+/gallon stuff at the store. Plus it uses less energy than trucking water all over the country, which is insane btw.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:07 am

That's interesting, I've never seen that for sale. I'll do some looking around the area. I was planning to move out of the area at some point, so this is cheap enough to get by till then... 40 cents is great! I didn't know water sold for that cheap.

Another alternative was finding a natural spring in the area and just filling up a bunch of jugs, though I'm not sure of the clarity and bacterial state of the water, but it sounds delicious! I'm interested in seeing how my head feels after pouring some of that on it... infusing it with properly charged minerals.
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:39 am

I just re-read my post and think it may have been a little confusing. I get my RO water from a water store, not a supermarket or other store, and I bring in my own 5 gallon jug and fill it up at their faucet. Hence the cheaper price.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:54 pm

might depend where you live,but I can get RO water at any grocery locally 37-39 cents a gallon from the tap if you bring your own jug so you probably don't have to go to a water store. Spring water would be superior since reverse osmosis filters out minerals too.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down