Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
To eat protein or not to eat protien that's my question EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
To eat protein or not to eat protien that's my question EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
To eat protein or not to eat protien that's my question EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
To eat protein or not to eat protien that's my question EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
To eat protein or not to eat protien that's my question EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
To eat protein or not to eat protien that's my question EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
To eat protein or not to eat protien that's my question EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
To eat protein or not to eat protien that's my question EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
To eat protein or not to eat protien that's my question EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

To eat protein or not to eat protien that's my question

Go down

To eat protein or not to eat protien that's my question Empty To eat protein or not to eat protien that's my question

Post  teacup Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:22 am

Based on the study below, one should avoid high GI foods. We all know this.

RESULTS: Serum IGFBP-1 declined markedly after both meals, but the mean (+/-SEM) change at 4 h was significantly (P < 0.01) more prolonged after the low-GI meal (-55 +/- 20 ng/mL) than after the high-GI meal (-13 +/- 15 ng/mL). Conversely, the change in serum IGFBP-3 concentration at 4 h was significantly (P < 0.05) higher after the low-GI meal (251 +/- 102 ng/mL) than after the high-GI meal (-110 +/- 96 ng/mL); the same pattern was observed at 2 h. Changes in IGFBP-2, free IGF-1, and total IGF-1 responses were minimal and did not differ significantly from those during the 4-h fast.

CONCLUSION: Acute changes in IGFBP-3 after low-GI and high-GI foods may provide a biologic mechanism linking cell multiplication with greater consumption of high-GI carbohydrates.
Source: The glycemic index of foods influences postprandial insulin-like growth factor-binding protein responses in lean young subjects. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16087978

According to this study one also must restrict protein,
long-term severe CR does not reduce serum IGF-1 concentration and IGF-1 : IGFBP-3 ratio in humans. In addition, our data provide evidence that protein intake is a key determinant of circulating IGF-1 levels in humans, and suggest that reduced protein intake may become an important component of anticancer and anti-aging dietary interventions
Source: Long-term effects of calorie or protein restriction on serum IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 concentration in humans.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18843793
full: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1474-9726.2008.00417.x/full

I thought protein was essential for healthy hair, vegans that don't eat enough have hair loss.

But, I also heard that too much protein shortens the life span, increases bad POPs in the body. It is also connected to IGF-1.

How much (organic-grass fed animal, and/or plant-based) protein should I eat?????? affraid
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down