Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Soy Protein EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Soy Protein EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Soy Protein EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Soy Protein EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Soy Protein EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Soy Protein EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Soy Protein EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Soy Protein EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Soy Protein EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Soy Protein

+8
Gibson
jeruslan
drrenuka
ppm
nidhogge
jackjolly
pancacke
DM5
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Soy Protein Empty Soy Protein

Post  DM5 Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:16 pm

CS,

What is your current view of Soy Protein Isolate? I have heard negative and positive, don't know what the deal is. I use Soy Protein after workouts and feel alright. I prefer it to Whey because whey gives me reflux. Also, what is your view of Soy in general? Thanks.
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Soy Protein Empty Re: Soy Protein

Post  pancacke Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:50 am

up!

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:09 am

To anwer my question, now having the answer:

Soy Protein Isolate is bad because it is made from Genetically Modifed Soy. GMO's cause a hefty increase in free radical concentrations in the body. Best to avoid anything made from American(GMO)corn, soy or cottonseed and boycott anything made by Monsanto in general.

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

Like March Against Monsanto on Facebook
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  jackjolly Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:26 pm

For the high protein/low carb dieters, soy protein is a great choice which will provide added weight loss. Eating meat substitute for breakfast, like soy based breakfast links, will cut fat intake by more than half and provide a satisfied appetite. The wide array of soy protein benefits ranges from child obesity to cardiovascular diseases prevention.

jackjolly

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:01 pm

I use this one http://cgi.ebay.com/Weider-Nutrition-Soy-80-Protein-Strawberry-800g-/320526916938?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item4aa0e49d4a
I don't know where it is produced but I buy it in germany...you think it's unhealthy?! What protein do you suggest?

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:14 am

"Soy foods aren’t real food. They aren’t traditional. They aren’t old. They’re industrial waste products dressed up in pretty clothes and marketed to an ignorant public." -

KristenM--Food Renegade

http://www.foodrenegade.com/dangers-of-soy/

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:18 am

"Say it ain't soy, Monsanto"

http://www.allbusiness.com/specialty-businesses/610728-1.html

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:29 am

More about Monsanto and GMO food:

http://www.organicconsumers.org/action.cfm

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:12 am

Good thread here, I have nothing to contribute! Great info.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:16 am

I consumed 10 kilo of soy protein so far Sad guess it's gonna be whey from now on...
Know any good product?

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:00 am

Pancacke-
Jay Robbs is good. I'm sure Nidhogge could throw in some good stuff.

Nid,

What's up man? Where ya been?

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  ppm Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:49 am

Soy protein isolate (SPI), sold as a supplement, is usually non-GMO.

There is alcohol and water washed SPI; alcohol washed is almost free of isoflavones, while water washed is high in isoflavones (2-3mg/100g). Both have testosterone lowering properties, isoflavone-rich more so.

SPI is high in phytates. And the isoflavones are shown to hinder the apsorption of minerals.

I personally don't like the relatively high sodium content of SPI, and of course high aluminium content (if/where applicable).

ppm

Back to top Go down

Soy Protein Empty Benefits of Soy Protein Powder

Post  drrenuka Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:41 pm

Soy protein comes from soy flour and has two types: soy protein isolate and soy protein concentrate. Because soy protein is the most complete form of protein powder available, it is ideal for vegetarians and those who need to add protein to their diet. Soy protein powder can be substituted for milk and meat and is a good source of protein for those who are lactose intolerant or don't eat meat. While it is easily digestible, it does not mix well in drinks or shakes, so it will require more mixing or shaking than dairy-based proteins.
The most obvious benefit of soy protein powder is that it adds protein to the diet. However, soy protein also has been proven to reduce the risk for heart disease, and it helps lower cholesterol.

drrenuka

http://www.herbal-hair-shampoo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jeruslan Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:51 pm

DM5 wrote:"Soy foods aren’t real food. They aren’t traditional. They aren’t old. They’re industrial waste products dressed up in pretty clothes and marketed to an ignorant public." -

KristenM--Food Renegade

No offence, but I simply hate this type of argumentation. It is based on self-evidence and so-called common sense.
"They aren't old. They aren't traditionl." Who cares? Is eating pills traditional? Is even eating grape seeds extract traditional? I don't think so, and despite this fact, most of us useing it.

The whole site is managed by one woman, with her own opinion on nutrition. She argued for "good old" diet, for whatever reason. Whitin the article she doesn't even bother to quote. It seems that it is another site made by some self-choosen nutritional saviour. And, needles to say, there is hundreds of sites like this.
I'm not arguing for soy, no way. Maybe it is good, maybe it is bad. Who knows? But I would not find this site as a definitive answer for this question.

To other posts. I am not sure, if soy contain all what you mentioned. But I wolud love to know for sure. Would you please quote source of your information.
No, it should not be autotelic quoting for quoting. But I am afraid, that these facts may be from sites like this, which, in no offence to anyone, is not a reliable source, at least for me...

Plese, do not be offended. My goal is clarification of this issue...

jeruslan
jeruslan

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:41 pm

Even if your soy protein isn't from GMO soy and most is.....then there is the problem with estrogen, which is not good, neither for hair, health or muscle building.

Of course, you could find non-GMO soy, that is processed to makes no estrogen or combat the effects of estrogen with supplements......also make sure you're not sensitive to soy consumption, or cure yourself from it.

Cheers!

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:44 am

I think a low amount of isoflavones is anti-estrogenic. That's been my experience. Generally, I get a libido lift from soy protein. These days I don't use it, but I take this D-glucarate product which has 10mg of isoflavones per capsule. I think this is a great product:

http://www.vitacost.com/Solaray-D-Glucarate

Perhaps that is why there is so much conflicting info on whether isoflavones boost/reduce libido; are pro/anti estrogen, etc. Could just be dose dependent, with certain individuals as an added variable.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  empty Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:11 am

jeruslan wrote:
DM5 wrote:"Soy foods aren’t real food. They aren’t traditional. They aren’t old. They’re industrial waste products dressed up in pretty clothes and marketed to an ignorant public." -

KristenM--Food Renegade

No offence, but I simply hate this type of argumentation. It is based on self-evidence and so-called common sense.
"They aren't old. They aren't traditionl." Who cares? Is eating pills traditional? Is even eating grape seeds extract traditional? I don't think so, and despite this fact, most of us useing it.

The whole site is managed by one woman, with her own opinion on nutrition. She argued for "good old" diet, for whatever reason. Whitin the article she doesn't even bother to quote. It seems that it is another site made by some self-choosen nutritional saviour. And, needles to say, there is hundreds of sites like this.
I'm not arguing for soy, no way. Maybe it is good, maybe it is bad. Who knows? But I would not find this site as a definitive answer for this question.

To other posts. I am not sure, if soy contain all what you mentioned. But I wolud love to know for sure. Would you please quote source of your information.
No, it should not be autotelic quoting for quoting. But I am afraid, that these facts may be from sites like this, which, in no offence to anyone, is not a reliable source, at least for me...

Plese, do not be offended. My goal is clarification of this issue...

+1.

empty

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:54 am

Jeruslan,

I would have to dig back thru to find this information for sources. The bottom line is that genetically modified soy is carcinogenic. The point of her quote was to elucidate the faulty AMERICAN FOOD INDUSTRY claims of soy being healthy. I think some 95% of all GMO soy produced in the US is produced by Monsanto. Soy is touted as being healthy in supermarkets and health food stores but that's not the case unless it is non-GMO soy like most in Japan and other Eastern countries. GMO=bad is the point. Key in on "Industrial Waste Products" because that is a great analogy she uses.

Empty-

Did you read the whole thread?? I'm sensing a pattern here. LOL.

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:06 am

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  empty Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:51 am

DM5 wrote:
Empty-

The thread is pretty short, so yes, I did. Please qualify your statement.

empty

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:13 am

empty wrote:
DM5 wrote:
Empty-

The thread is pretty short, so yes, I did. Please qualify your statement.

If the thread was long.........would you not of read it?

And do you mean qualify like for a sweepstakes?

Am I in the court of the King himself? What's going on here??

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  empty Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:51 am

I'd like you to attribute some qualities to your statement, as I do not understand it, nor its relevance to the discussion.

empty

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:19 am

I think it speaks volumes in regards to you trolling me in this thread like you did on the coattails of Raxe in my other thread. Usually when you criticize someone you have never spoken to...... you go lightly and do so with tact. Jeruslan was polite and an example of how it should be done. You and Raxe are beyond rude and combative. I guess you are really interested in this thread huh??? No, you are looking to get your digs in.

You come over here from my other thread to continue your egotistical rant.

And "Qualify"?? Who are you??

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  empty Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:50 pm

I wasn't trolling you at all. I agree with jeruslan's opinion, which wasn't trolling either. He just wanted more, unbiased information and had a problem with the author of the article's presentation of their ideas.

Please relax... I'm not out to get you dude.

empty

Back to top Go down

Post  empty Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:52 pm

DM5 wrote:I think it speaks volumes in regards to you trolling me in this thread like you did on the coattails of Raxe in my other thread. Usually when you criticize someone you have never spoken to...... you go lightly and do so with tact. Jeruslan was polite and an example of how it should be done. You and Raxe are beyond rude and combative. I guess you are really interested in this thread huh??? No, you are looking to get your digs in.

You come over here from my other thread to continue your egotistical rant.

And "Qualify"?? Who are you??

And, toward the rest of what you wrote: I am interested in this thread. I have taken protein supplements in the past and I read it with interest.

I have not been rude at all, and where have I been egotistical here?

Qualify is a commonly used verb, what's the issue exactly?

I'm confused...

empty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next