Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss

+10
tonyj
barefoot
jeruslan
ubraj
CausticSymmetry
Nocturnalhorse
LittleFighter
dannyroddy
misterE
MikeGore
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss Empty Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss

Post  MikeGore Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:27 am

I just came across this link:http://www.health-matrix.net/2010/06/05/why-milk-is-so-evil/

It talks about the effects of milk and gluten and DPP4. Interestingly it mentions how it affects the immune system and inflammation. In the context of hair loss, this might be the reason that the immune system starts to attack the hair follicles. And also remember that immortal hair says that hair loss sufferer and diabetics have resembling factors. The article also mention IgG.

"To be more precise, our digestive tracts uses stomach acids, and alkali juices from our intestines, combined with the digestive enzymes to do this job. Specific enzymes disassemble the proteins into peptides. Gluten intolerance has to do with a failure of a particular enzyme, a peptidase called DPP4."

"When the same enzyme is sticking out of a lymphocyte, a cell of our immune/defense system and apparently doing a different job within the body, it is called CD26. Because of the failure or insufficiency of DPP4, an undigested fragment of protein, or peptide, survives and it appears to cause mischief in at least two ways. First, this undigested peptide, looks familiar to the immune/defense system, in other words, it produces a mimicry which is based on digestive weakness among the descendants of peoples who have not been eating wheat long enough to adapt. This will cause symptoms caused by the triggering of an immune response against a suspicious-looking peptide which will resemble a virus to our defense/immune system. Because the gluten-derived peptide is similar to various disease-causing virus, it generates a complex defensive response on the part of the immune system, which does not then find a virus to kill. The next step is damage to tissues by the antibodies aimed at the peptide. This triangle of viral stimulus, immune response, and autoimmune damage is suspected to be a common theme in various illnesses, such as type I diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and autism. The immune response damages different tissues in different people."

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss Empty Re: Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss

Post  misterE Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Dairy plays a very negative role in MPB, just like it does in acne. Research the correlatons between acne and baldness!

The protein in dairy-products decreases IGFBP-3 and increases free-IGF-1 this stimulates the proliferation of keratinocytes and inhibits the shedding of corneocytes, which blocks the hair follicle and prevents the hair from sprouting out from the scalp. Also the protein in dairy-products lowers SHBG, which allows testosterone to convert into DHT, which then stimulates the sebaceous-glands to produce sebum. The sebum is blocked by the corneocytes and accumulates in the pilosebaceous-unit. P.Acnes and other fungi like Malassezia feed off of the sebum and begin to multiply. The immune-system picks up on these invaders and attacks them with an auto-immune response called inflammation. The inflammation causes the hair to fall out and the build-up of corneocytes prevents the new hair from sprouting out again.

This is also what causes acne.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss Empty Re: Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss

Post  MikeGore Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:02 pm

misterE thanks for the input.

I have been trying to reduce gluten and dairy intake. But as you may guess it is difficult to maintain such a diet. So I was thinking of taking digestive enzymes. One such enzyme is DPP4. Upon googling DPP4 a lot of topics mentioning the inhibition of DPP4 come up. However I am confused because digestive enzymes such as GlutenEase (http://www.enzymedica.com/products/GlutenEase#tabsection) contain DPP4. So how come there is a lot about DPP-4 inhibition and not supplemenation? Could taking DPP-4 be harmful? Also diabetics are recommended taking DPP-4 inhibitors. But I thought that mpb sufferers resembled diabetics, so howcome the opposite approach in treatment?

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  dannyroddy Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Anything that can cause inflammation in the gut can cause loss. The usual suspects include lecitins, from legumes; casein, from dairy; and gluten, from grains.
dannyroddy
dannyroddy

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 pm

dannyroddy wrote:Anything that can cause inflammation in the gut can cause loss. The usual suspects include lecitins, from legumes; casein, from dairy; and gluten, from grains.

Totally 2nd danny.

Notice the toxins he mentions.

Casein can done when hydrolized with Kefir or yogurt, IMHO. Grains too, but only when correctly processed and fermented.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:36 pm

1-So how come there is a lot about DPP-4 inhibition and not supplementation?
2-Could taking DPP-4 be harmful?
3-Also diabetics are recommended taking DPP-4 inhibitors. But I thought that mpb sufferers resembled diabetics, so howcome the opposite approach in treatment?
4-Could digestive enzymes cause dependency?

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:57 pm

MikeGore wrote:1-So how come there is a lot about DPP-4 inhibition and not supplementation?
2-Could taking DPP-4 be harmful?
3-Also diabetics are recommended taking DPP-4 inhibitors. But I thought that mpb sufferers resembled diabetics, so howcome the opposite approach in treatment?
4-Could digestive enzymes cause dependency?

Mike,

Big Pharma at least sometimes acts the other way around, inhibiting instead of promoting (for instance proton pump inhibitors, screw them!).

At the end, THINGS DON'T HAVE TO BE THAT COMPLICATED. Just leave wheat (gluten and other toxins), grains and legumes out of your diet. Supplementan enzymes are not the cure for something we're not designed to eat.

In all the research I've done, enzymes do NOT cause dependency, so don't worry.

Supplemental DPP-IV might help to deal with gluten, at least to some degree, but yet there are other reasons to drop WHEAT completely.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:01 pm

I want to say this: it is how the foods affect the hormones not (necessarily) the immune-system. If food-allergies caused baldness, wouldn't women and children bald as well?

Dairy drastically increases the chances of baldness because it negatively affects the hormones; it lowers IGFBP's and SHBG, stimulates free-IGF-1 and free-testosterone, which is the perfect-storm as far as baldness and acne is concerned.

Whole-grains and beans might cause allergies in some people, but these foods do not promote baldness by any means, they have plenty of phytonutrients and fiber which help balance hormones. Actually all plant-based foods have something called fiber, phytosterols, phytoestrogens and antioxidants in them, in various amounts. These four protective-chemicals keep the hormones balanced, slow the aging process and keep the body free of disease.

Obviously we want to eat as much plant-based foods as possible because only plant-based foods provide us with fiber, antioxidants, phytoestrogens and phytosterols.

Processed-foods and animal-products contain none of these protective agents, and actually have certain aspects that promote diseases and baldness.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:42 am

Raw dairy is completely different than the typical pasteurized or ultra pasteurized dairy. Consumption of raw dairy can actually be beneficial but than it can vary from individual to individual.
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  dannyroddy Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:04 am

Nocturnalhorse wrote:Raw dairy is completely different than the typical pasteurized or ultra pasteurized dairy. Consumption of raw dairy can actually be beneficial but than it can vary from individual to individual.

Agreed, but if the gut is perforated it doesn't matter.
dannyroddy
dannyroddy

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:14 am

If there is any concern about dairy in general, one can test for casein antibodies, just as they can test for wheat/gluten antibodies.

However, there are often safe dairy for many (not all) and safe grains for some (Ancient grains might be worth a try).

I second Nocturnalhorse on raw dairy, it's nothing like pasteurized or process diary.

Also as LittleFighter mentioned supplemental DPP-IV can make a difference for some.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:57 am

Dunno what thread I posted but mercury kills the DPP-IV enzyme which responsible for casein/ gluten digestion.

In addition, appears no gluten issues without combo of oxalate to seal the deal. http://lowoxalate.info/papers/mechanisms.html Oxalate issue really being a potassium issue which low thyroid, mag deficiency, food allergy, etc. all being responsible for low potassium.

Further origins appear to be the very common dwarf tapeworm found in wheat, pacreatic fluke and/or mag deficiency. magnesium... only mag malate works for those with lyme.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  jeruslan Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:56 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:If there is any concern about dairy in general, one can test for casein antibodies, just as they can test for wheat/gluten antibodies.

However, there are often safe dairy for many (not all) and safe grains for some (Ancient grains might be worth a try).

I second Nocturnalhorse on raw dairy, it's nothing like pasteurized or process diary.

Also as LittleFighter mentioned supplemental DPP-IV can make a difference for some.

Interesting post...
May I ask you a question?
Is there any test, that can prove, that my body rejects casein, dairy products or gluten? Or am I doomed to experiment?
I am confused. Where is the truth? It seems to me, that there are at least two lines in regard to nutrion. MisterE stands for vegans, while few others, including Your self, dannyroddy, LittleFighter or Nocturnalhorse, advocate skiping grain and legumes.
So, is there any way for me to know if some sort of food causes me infmammation or my hair becoming thin? It seems that good digestion is not a guideline to solve this puzzle. Thanks for advice...
Also, what do you think about about inflammation score, that can be found on:
Code:
http://nutritiondata.self.com
In your opinon, has it something to do with scalp inflammation?
Thank You for your time...

_jeruslan_
jeruslan
jeruslan

Back to top Go down

Post  dannyroddy Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:04 am

jeruslan wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:If there is any concern about dairy in general, one can test for casein antibodies, just as they can test for wheat/gluten antibodies.

Interesting post...
May I ask you a question?
Is there any test, that can prove, that my body rejects casein, dairy products or gluten? Or am I doomed to experiment?
I am confused. Where is the truth? It seems to me, that there are at least two lines in regard to nutrion. MisterE stands for vegans, while few others, including Your self, dannyroddy, LittleFighter or Nocturnalhorse, advocate skiping grain and legumes.
So, is there any way for me to know if some sort of food causes me infmammation or my hair becoming thin? It seems that good digestion is not a guideline to solve this puzzle. Thanks for advice...
Also, what do you think about about inflammation score, that can be found on:
Code:
http://nutritiondata.self.com
In your opinon, has it something to do with scalp inflammation?
Thank You for your time...

_jeruslan_

Jeruslan,

There is no "truth" in nutrition.

Unless you want to spend a grip of cash on immunology tests, avoiding foods for a given time will reveal if you feel better not eating them.
dannyroddy
dannyroddy

Back to top Go down

Post  jeruslan Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:42 am

Hello dannyroddy...
Thank You for answer. When I said, that I'm in serch of a truth, I'didnt mean it literally.
But your advice about expensive immunology tests and necessity of experimenting with food made me think of long way ahead...
Lucky me, I'm not balding. I just have Seborrhoeic dermatitis.
The symptoms are small rounded eschars and from the centre of eschar my hair grow. Few of them become thiner (or it just me, whom see them thiner).
Have any ideas? I just wanna cure this and gain some knowledge about healthy life style.
jeruslan
jeruslan

Back to top Go down

Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss Empty Book Review and Synopsis: I Broke the Mystery of Male Pattern Baldness

Post  barefoot Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:55 am

If you don't want to go to the details of biochemistry, epidemiology has some answers.

A study suggests that estrogen in milk could be a risk factor for prostate enlargement(29)
Two studies associate prostate enlargement with pattern baldness(22)(17).

These associations logically SUGGESTS that milk consumption may contribute to hair loss.
source

barefoot

Back to top Go down

Could dairy, gluten and the immune System really be the cause of hair loss Empty Book Review and Synopsis: I Broke the Mystery of Male Pattern Baldness

Post  barefoot Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:07 am

Hair follicles are immune-privileged which means that it is extremely rare that the immune system will attack hair follicles. Hair follicles can also be transplanted to another person without rejection.
Source
Transgender induction of hair follicles. Nature. 1999 Nov 4;402(6757):33-4). (Reynolds AJ, Lawrence C, Cserhalmi-Friedman PB, Christiano AM, Jahoda CA.

barefoot

Back to top Go down

Post  barefoot Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:16 am

Populations that are less affected by hair loss eat glutenous rice. It does NOT mean gluten can prevent hair loss.
Epidemiology has many answers.

barefoot

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:56 am

barefoot - you mean glutinous rice. Glutinous rice is a type of sticky rice and has nothing to do with gluten.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  barefoot Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:00 pm

Turns out, gluten was derived from a Latin word meaning glue or sticky and referes to a protein in starch that sticks while glutinous rice is also sticky. thanks. Very Happy

barefoot

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:54 pm

Nope,

Hair loss depends completely on the individual. Been gluten/casein free for 3 years, had some of the worst shedding of my life.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:51 pm

yeah depends on individual, but doesn't mean being gluten/casein free isn't healthy you could still have high blood sugar if your eating lots of rice and whatever else you want; you could be iodine,or vitamin D deficient, have toxic metals lots of possibilities.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:12 am

abc123 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:54 am
Nope,

Hair loss depends completely on the individual. Been gluten/casein free for 3 years, had some of the worst shedding of my life.

abc123 - were you eating any type of grains during this period? If so, which ones?
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:28 am

Brown rice

I fixed my hairloss through diet though.

White rice/Soaked brown rice should do nothing for hair loss though. Carbs spike insulin but =/= insulin resistance

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:00 am

abc123 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:28 pm
Brown rice

I fixed my hairloss through diet though.

By soaking the rice?
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next