Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Should dairy be excluded along with gluten? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Should dairy be excluded along with gluten? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Should dairy be excluded along with gluten? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Should dairy be excluded along with gluten? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Should dairy be excluded along with gluten? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Should dairy be excluded along with gluten? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Should dairy be excluded along with gluten? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Should dairy be excluded along with gluten? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Should dairy be excluded along with gluten? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Should dairy be excluded along with gluten?

4 posters

Go down

Should dairy be excluded along with gluten? Empty Should dairy be excluded along with gluten?

Post  Lucky13 Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:47 am

Hey everyone I was wondering how bad dairy can be, I usually never drink plain milk as Ive become accustomed to soy milk because I'm lactose intolerant. Every now and again I like to have a few dairy products, mostly cheese or yogurt. I am trying to stick to a gluten free diet and see how my body reacts. Cutting out breads, pastas and a tough one....beer. I do live at home and cutting out all dairy and gluten cuts out a lot of my meal options that I get fed at home. I know both gluten and dairy products can have adverse effects on the intestinal microflora which can cause inflammation to the rest of the body. So just wondering if dairy should try to be avoided all together like gluten.
Thanks
PS I think they need to update the four food groups...it seems to live healthy all you need is the 2..

Lucky13

Back to top Go down

Should dairy be excluded along with gluten? Empty Re: Should dairy be excluded along with gluten?

Post  Lucky13 Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:16 am

actually just found this in an article:

"Lactose intolerance is frequently a side effect of celiac disease. Celiacs who eat gluten become lactose intolerant after the villi and microvilli in their small intestine become damaged, and are no longer capable of catching and breaking down the lactose molecule. The problem usually disappears when celiacs remove gluten from their diet, which allows the damaged villi and microvilli to grow back. Lactose intolerance symptoms can continue for a long time after a celiac has gone on a 100% gluten-free diet. In some cases the villi and microvilli damage can take up to two years to heal completely, but in most cases it takes between six months and a year. Most people who are lactose intolerant can usually eat goat and sheep (feta) cheeses without any problems."

could this be true?

Lucky13

Back to top Go down

Should dairy be excluded along with gluten? Empty Re: Should dairy be excluded along with gluten?

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:18 am

Lucky13 - On dairy, cheese seems to be fine for most. Pasteurized milk is something to avoid.

Some can drink raw, grass-fed milk, but it depends on sensitivity.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Polluted Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:30 am

Sometimes its best to remove dairy along with gluten until you heal. Milk protiens can be difficult to digest if your gi is dammaged by gluten. You may be able to renitroduce dairy after completely healing by remaining gluten free

Polluted

Back to top Go down

Post  Abhi Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:57 am

What about curds or yogurt made from pasteurized and homogenized milk? Is it a healthier option than pasteurized and homogenized milk?
The way we make curd is to introduce a pinch of curd into lukewarm milk and leave it overnight or for approx 12 hours or so. And Voila! we get curd.
Abhi
Abhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Polluted Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:16 am

It is the caseins in dairy that can give those with cd problems.

Polluted

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down