Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Any reason removing gluten could increase inflammation EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Any reason removing gluten could increase inflammation EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Any reason removing gluten could increase inflammation EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Any reason removing gluten could increase inflammation EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Any reason removing gluten could increase inflammation EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Any reason removing gluten could increase inflammation EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Any reason removing gluten could increase inflammation EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Any reason removing gluten could increase inflammation EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Any reason removing gluten could increase inflammation EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Any reason removing gluten could increase inflammation

+2
tonyj
hadrion
6 posters

Go down

Any reason removing gluten could increase inflammation Empty Any reason removing gluten could increase inflammation

Post  hadrion Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:48 am

This is completely weird, but since I've gone strictly gluten free, my inflammation has returned with a vengeance. My head has been itchy and on fire the past few days.

Anyone have any thoughts why removing gluten could bring about this kind of reaction?

It's the only thing that has changed in my regimen.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Any reason removing gluten could increase inflammation Empty Re: Any reason removing gluten could increase inflammation

Post  tonyj Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:21 am

There is a high % of people sensitive to gluten but you may be one of the lucky people in the group who is not sensitive to the glutenaide protein. When you removed gluten from your diet did you remove grains or are you avoiding foods with gluten in it? Did you add anything new to your diet to compensate for restricted foods with gluten?
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Any reason removing gluten could increase inflammation Empty Re: Any reason removing gluten could increase inflammation

Post  misterE Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:52 am

Do you consume dairy-products? Milk products contain a protein named casein, which is extremely allergenic. Dr. T Colin Campbell also claims it is a carcinogen, able to stimulate free-IGF-1, which then stimulates/enlarges tumor-growth (among other things like the prostate and sebaceous-glands).

It is also interesting to note that if you add milk or cream to green-tea, the casein will deactivate the anti-oxidants and phytonutrients in the green-tea!
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:54 am

I removed gluten, but I'm still taking in rice/brown rice. I don't use dairy products. We drink rice milk. I've used some gluten free cereals.

Besides the increased inflammation I've also had the worst acne on my chin and nose area I've had in quite some time this week.

I don't understand how dropping gluten totally could bring out inflammation but something is up with my skin this week.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:33 am

hadrion - are you a vegan diet?

When I was on a vegan restricted diet, heavy on the leafy greens and no grains, I developed a sever case of acne that last a couple of weeks and subsided on the third. It was almost as if my body was rejecting something, I think my face felt really oily at the time but after the third week no more oily face and the acne slowly went away.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:19 am

tonyj wrote:hadrion - are you a vegan diet?

When I was on a vegan restricted diet, heavy on the leafy greens and no grains, I developed a sever case of acne that last a couple of weeks and subsided on the third. It was almost as if my body was rejecting something, I think my face felt really oily at the time but after the third week no more oily face and the acne slowly went away.

Are you still vegan? Why did you leave out the grains?
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:44 am

When you switch to a diet heavy in leafy greens it is basically a detox diet. It sounds to me like the strict vegan diet you were on successfully detoxed your system. The acne that existed for two weeks then went away is a classic sign that your body was ridding itself of toxic overload, which typically takes about two weeks. Did you have any other symptoms, ie headaches, lethargy? After a couple weeks did you feel more energetic, clear headed?

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:23 am

No. I'm not vegan. I'm eating meat and fish aplenty as I've gone gluten free.

The acne is really disturbing at this point. It's around my mouth, nose and chin. Why would giving up gluten cause this?

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:11 pm

by misterE on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Are you still vegan? Why did you leave out the grains?

I was a vegan for a couple of years. I was competing in amateur triathlons and I was trying to reducing my time on the mile so I followed Dave Scotts diet, 6 time winner of the Hawaiian Ironman, hoping to get a faster performance. Scott was about lowering his fat intake so much that he would wash his tofu to strain out as much fat from it as possible. I did manage get a somewhat faster time, but I was always irritable on his diet. I increased my grains to gain a little more weight and that's when I first notice the first acne flare up. I always had an acne problem and it wasn't severe before but it was persistent. But increasing the grains in my diet, the acne just went out of control. I thought it was strange because before going on the vegan diet, grains was always part of my diet. To compensate for the grains, I added more leafy greens and a little more cruciferous vegetables. If this was a detox, it certainly worked. My acne was never severe or persistent. I did get one or two flare ups afterward but these flare ups were never severe and after a several months, no more acne.

by johnt on Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:44 pm

When you switch to a diet heavy in leafy greens it is basically a detox diet. It sounds to me like the strict vegan diet you were on successfully detoxed your system. The acne that existed for two weeks then went away is a classic sign that your body was ridding itself of toxic overload, which typically takes about two weeks. Did you have any other symptoms, ie headaches, lethargy? After a couple weeks did you feel more energetic, clear headed?

Never felt lethargic, definitely had the headaches, and I did get a sense of well being and clarity that lasted for a while until I added grains back into my diet.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:14 pm

Once you stop the intolerable food source the body will begin to rid itself of the toxins produced
much quicker .. Stay on the gluten free path 100% for atleast four weeks, and see how things are then. Good luck

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:18 am

cpio wrote:Once you stop the intolerable food source the body will begin to rid itself of the toxins produced
much quicker .. Stay on the gluten free path 100% for atleast four weeks, and see how things are then. Good luck

Thanks for the advice Cpio. I don't plan on going off it unless the inflammation and acne increase past the bout I recently had. I've noticed since I've been strict gluten free that joint pain in my wrist and knee have gone away.

The inflammation seems to have calmed now although my face looks horrible with all the pimples. Got one of the giant one's right between my eyes. Hate those.

If gluten free isn't for me though, then I'm going to just give up the grains totally and go meat/fish and veggies for good.

Diet definitely is playing a role in my issues without a doubt.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:02 am

I also think cpio is right on target with this one.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:39 pm

Thanks IH. I will stick with it. The joint pain in my wrist disappearing is pretty dramatic as I had chalked that up to carpal tunnel from being a writer at my keyboard 12 hours a day.

Now that I'm strictly avoiding gluten the wrist pain is gone. Also my left knee was constantly sore. I'd have to do the stretches on the foam roller from my hip to knee to get it to go away. Now the pain is gone.

That said, the acne is getting ridiculous. All around my chin and mouth. I've never had anything like this before acne wise. Hopefully, it's just a detox of sorts and will straighten out soon.

Congrats again on the supplement line. I sent Nid my first order today. Can't wait to try them out.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down