Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
If I'm drinking Kefir do I still need to take probiotics? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
If I'm drinking Kefir do I still need to take probiotics? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
If I'm drinking Kefir do I still need to take probiotics? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
If I'm drinking Kefir do I still need to take probiotics? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
If I'm drinking Kefir do I still need to take probiotics? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
If I'm drinking Kefir do I still need to take probiotics? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
If I'm drinking Kefir do I still need to take probiotics? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
If I'm drinking Kefir do I still need to take probiotics? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
If I'm drinking Kefir do I still need to take probiotics? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

If I'm drinking Kefir do I still need to take probiotics?

+4
nidhogge
NrwgnKID
CausticSymmetry
hadrion
8 posters

Go down

If I'm drinking Kefir do I still need to take probiotics? Empty If I'm drinking Kefir do I still need to take probiotics?

Post  hadrion Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:14 am

Hey guys,

I've been drinking the Kefir from Trader Joe's for the past couple of weeks. My wife & I really like it. I'm just curious if I still need to supplement with a probiotic daily if I drinking 4-8oz of Kefir daily?

Thoughts?

hadrion

Back to top Go down

If I'm drinking Kefir do I still need to take probiotics? Empty Re: If I'm drinking Kefir do I still need to take probiotics?

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:19 am

hadrion - Store bought kefir contains a limited about of bacteria, but if you feel it is working by itself you could probably drop the probiotics. Homemade kefir which purportedly contains over a trillion bacteria count could easily replace a probiotic supplement.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

If I'm drinking Kefir do I still need to take probiotics? Empty Re: If I'm drinking Kefir do I still need to take probiotics?

Post  NrwgnKID Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:31 am

Before I was drinking kefir alone. Now I have combined it with probiotics in large amounts.. the difference is day and night for me.

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:41 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm still taking probiotics with it. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't redundant to do so.

I do notice some positive gastro intestinal effects with the combination of drinking the Trader Joe's Kefir and taking oral probiotics.

My late night hunger is pretty much knocked out since I added drinking Kefir.

I have less cravings than before.

It's interesting.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:25 pm

Ya Hadrion, because of the large variety of strains, it's good to brew up your own home-made batch. KefirLady.com is good stuff. On a side-note, a girl over at Bally's that worked the front desk was having a lot of intestinal/stomach issues and I knew where she just graduated (big party school). Right off the bat, I told her--probiotics. Said that you've been drinking so much during college that you destroyed your good intestinal bacteria with alcohol, and simply need to replenish it. Next month she greets me with a big smile and asks if I have any more recommendations. I said "Yep, the supplement line that I'll be coming out with." Lol.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  zanza Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:07 pm

anyone have any good instructions how to make your own kefir? i've tried before but its been a big fail

zanza

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:00 pm

nidhogge wrote:Ya Hadrion, because of the large variety of strains, it's good to brew up your own home-made batch. KefirLady.com is good stuff. On a side-note, a girl over at Bally's that worked the front desk was having a lot of intestinal/stomach issues and I knew where she just graduated (big party school). Right off the bat, I told her--probiotics. Said that you've been drinking so much during college that you destroyed your good intestinal bacteria with alcohol, and simply need to replenish it. Next month she greets me with a big smile and asks if I have any more recommendations. I said "Yep, the supplement line that I'll be coming out with." Lol.

Did you hit it boy?? ;-)
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:00 am

zanza wrote:anyone have any good instructions how to make your own kefir? i've tried before but its been a big fail

How has it failed the first couple batches they say don't taste really good? I drink water kefir usually since it's easier I know it doesn't contain as much good stuff,but oh well I can let it ferment really long tastes like soda when I'm done with grape juice and other juices little less sweet too since the kefir uses the sugars.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  medohat Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:40 am

zanza did you get your kefir from KefirLady.com ?

I'm interesting to know were you get the kefir grains .
medohat
medohat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down