Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
How bad is occasional drinking? EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
How bad is occasional drinking? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
How bad is occasional drinking? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How bad is occasional drinking? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
How bad is occasional drinking? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
How bad is occasional drinking? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
How bad is occasional drinking? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How bad is occasional drinking? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
How bad is occasional drinking? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How bad is occasional drinking?

+2
Zaphod
TheDivineMarquis
6 posters

Go down

How bad is occasional drinking? Empty How bad is occasional drinking?

Post  TheDivineMarquis Sat May 23, 2015 9:26 pm

How bad is occasional drinking for hair loss? I´m not talking about getting drunk every week, but once in a while when you hit the town with your buds. I usually take some taurine before drinking and when I get home - would this counter the damage made by alcohol?
TheDivineMarquis
TheDivineMarquis

Back to top Go down

How bad is occasional drinking? Empty Re: How bad is occasional drinking?

Post  Zaphod Sat May 23, 2015 10:50 pm

2 are not equal in how much they tolerate mycotoxins as alcohol. There are worse types of alcohols than the others. I tend to skip it if possible, the reason being it's food for pathogens i wish to inhibit rather than support. If one benefits greatly from alcohol, has most probably bad source to energy and would wish to tune it with some other approaches. That's said, you might or might not suffer from alcohol, but i doubt you will benefit greatly using it regularly.

B

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sun May 24, 2015 12:23 am

Whatever the science is behind it, don't let hair loss get in the way of your life. While it is just as easy to have fun as if you were not to drink, don't let hair loss determine how you have fun. Obviously don't go overboard, but don't make it so you sit in a corner for your entire life.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  NevadaNed Sun May 24, 2015 4:53 am

The biggest alcoholics I've known have had incredible helmets of hair their hole life with no receded hairline. I'm talking about real alcoholics, drinking all day every day. None of this sissy binge drinking on weekends.

For me, I don't worry about my hair when it comes to drinking. I'll go weeks/months not drinking and not realize it and then drink every night over the holidays, vacation etc. for a week or so and I see no ill-effects.

I think supplementation is key in this area for negating negative side effects from the devils rum. Especially Curcumin, Taurine, and B-Vitamins.

NevadaNed

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sun May 24, 2015 7:00 am

My dad was a raging alcoholic and was balding, so there goes that theory.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:02 am

Alcohol is pure carbohydrate and destroys B vitamins.   Obviously it won't help hair. Yes, it is hard to stay away from it entirely, but best to err on the side of caution.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:22 pm

I'm in the UK where binge drinking on weekends is sort of the norm for many. I've noticed a direct correlation between those months where I've had one or more heavy session and hair loss. Not to mention it usually ruins me for most the week (mood, libido, energy etc.). It directly effects your arterial health, gut health, mineral balance, endotoxin levels, inflammation, liver function for up to a week or two after a heavy session.

Since I've mostly ditched those heavy sessions hair loss has stabilised (18 months, holding steady)

BTW. Got a 3 night stag do coming up which I'm absolutely dreading but did some research to try and minimise booze effects (other than self control lol). Here's where I ended up at ...

Alcohol converts to acetaldehyde which is 30x more toxic than actual initial alcohol and responsible for most of the hangover systems (and liver and brain damage lol)

Your liver uses glutathione to convert the acetaldehyde to harmless acetate which is excreted

The problem is glutathione is quickly depleted after 1 or 2 drinks and so the toxic acetaldehyde accumulates and batters fark out you

N-acetylcysteine (amino acid derivative) can rapidly restore liver glutathione. Supplement with N-acetylcysteine as you drink (about 200mg per couple of units of booze) and problem solved (it needs to be per drink rather than one dose)

And check this, mental:  they injected mice with lethal doses of alcohol the 72h column showed the percent of how many died. all of them who took NAC survived, nuts compared to how the others did

How bad is occasional drinking? Hso6j0J

some of the mice did well on vit C and vit B1 too. this supplement has NAC, C, B1 and a bunch of other stuff like milk thistle, and all in just the right dosage for a pill per drink or two (got mine off ebay)

http://www.lifeextension.com/vitamins-supplements/Item01440/Anti-Alcohol-Antioxidants-with-HepatoProtection-Complex

Had to go to a party a few weeks back, popped a pill with each drink and zero hangover effects the day after, was most odd, can only assume NAC perfectly worked it's magic.

Oh I also slammed down a electrolyte drink just before bed too which I assume helps too.

(Caveat, dark drinks like beer/wine have congeners in which may cause hangover effects other than those from just the alcohol. And no doubt those things have an effect on your liver too)
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:02 pm

Wow, that does indeed sound like an awesome and very effective product.  I still think it's best to imbibe in moderation if at all, but I can
sure see how that could come in handy.  Thanks for the heads up, Columbo! Or should I say, bottoms up? Very Happy
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down