Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella)

+16
jimg
Yanks
empty
crincrin
mphatesmpb
Swoosh
zerx
Silverlin
Maup
lawlaz
MAO
DM5
CausticSymmetry
Lw
Hoppipolla
Misirlou
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) - Page 2 Empty Re: Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella)

Post  Medical Insider Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:07 pm

You are welcome. There are so many variables you need to examine, including your overall diet, gut health and immune system. You don't HAVE to take Chlorella and certainly not in quantities that mess you up. You should work with the body not try to fight it and force it to do things it doesn't want to do; but at the same time figure out what the problem is and work to try to correct it in the medium or long term. Basically I think you need to examine your habits more closely, get some appropriate tests done and do some more research of your own. Good luck!

Medical Insider

Back to top Go down

Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) - Page 2 Empty Re: Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella)

Post  Troyza Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Medical Insider, Writing to you from Melbourne, Australia. Been ill for over a year with CFS, Candida, Heavy Metals and brain fog!

I believe you may have the information that could potentially elevate me from the current hell I'm in. Currently suffering from +4 Fungal/Yeast/Mold overgrowth (Metametrix GI Stool), extreme Mercury and high lead (Doctors Data) and Dysbiosis.

The comment you have made about Chlorella is the same reaction I have recently had (in fact I think its the same reaction I had some months ago but hadn't really known what symptoms meant what at that stage).

I'm on Nystatin which has raised me from the dead, but cannot shake the yeast infections. The zeolite has been mentioned a few times, but I went the DMSA and Chlorella route which has messed me up.[code]

Troyza

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:40 pm

its very simple, like alot of things some people just cant tolerate it. dairy comes to mind.

just remember ur eating algae. wat happens when u swim in a swimming pool full of algae? u get really sick.

most labels say this. that a small percentage peoples stomachs cant tolerate it.

so just dont take it, choose another supplment to take. theres plenty of other ones.

i used to take 18 grams a day of chlorella, and didnt have any problems. but obviously u do, so dont take it!
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Medical Insider Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:09 pm

Hello Troyza, if you can't take Chlorella because of suspected Candida infection, then best to stop until you've got to grips with your infection and healed your gut lining - try another type of absorbant as mentioned above. +4 is pretty bad, normally most types of yeast die to a large degree on the way to the lab in stool samples. So it may be even worse than that (I think +4 is maximum anyway!) My suggestion to you would be to avoid anything that mobilises any more heavy metals as you have enough circulating around already (from hair analysis), e.g. cysteine supplements, MSM, cilantro, lipoic acid, etc. I have a list of mobilising agents in an article I wrote here.

http://www.medicalinsider.com/toxicity3.html#whichtouse

I would also consider taking some things to support the kidneys and liver, to help excrete the toxins from your body.

http://www.medicalinsider.com/toxicity1.html

When you say 'messed up' on DMSA and Chlorella, define 'messed up'? Was it an allergic reaction to the Chlorella, hammering the kidneys with DMSA, what exactly?

There are other chelating agents you can use, some react badly to yeast (e.g. OSR although I've never had any problems there) and most hammer the kidneys. Depends how well your kidneys are doing.

Did your report tell you which substances inhibit the yeast most effectively? Could be that they have become tolerant of the Nystatin and you need to change antifungal. I have a list of antifungals here. Genova CDSA2.0 will provide a list of these but you can also get a good naturopath to muscle test which work best if you are into that kind of thing. Here is a list of antifungals you could try.

http://www.medicalinsider.com/bacterial.html#candidakill

You may also want to look at which probiotics would work best for you, from test results and otherwise.

Cheers

Pat

Troyza wrote:Medical Insider, Writing to you from Melbourne, Australia. Been ill for over a year with CFS, Candida, Heavy Metals and brain fog!

I believe you may have the information that could potentially elevate me from the current hell I'm in. Currently suffering from +4 Fungal/Yeast/Mold overgrowth (Metametrix GI Stool), extreme Mercury and high lead (Doctors Data) and Dysbiosis.

The comment you have made about Chlorella is the same reaction I have recently had (in fact I think its the same reaction I had some months ago but hadn't really known what symptoms meant what at that stage).

I'm on Nystatin which has raised me from the dead, but cannot shake the yeast infections. The zeolite has been mentioned a few times, but I went the DMSA and Chlorella route which has messed me up.[code]

Medical Insider

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:40 am

I just like to say I disagree with Medical Insider on this issue.

My experience is this.

On both occasions I used the same brand, and on both occasions I was very sick, violently sick, as sick as you could be short of passing out.

Was it because of anything other then some sort of contamination of the chlorella? I do not believe so. I had a friend take some at the same time and he was equally as sick.

My stomach is not sensitive, I once took 50g of spirulina a day for over a month.

IMO it has nothing to do with candida or anything else except contaminated chlorella. I'm not sure how this happens, but it does.

At present I occasionally take chlorella (from a reputable brand) with no issues what so ever.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Troyza Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:57 pm

Pat,

I've tried a range of herbal Candida products but they all tend to make me feel very fatigued and brain fog increases. The products also leave my limbs feeling depleted and heavy, so I feel its the die-off causing this issue. When I used Albendazole to kill off parasites, a one off dose left me feeling terrific for a week but then a meal of brown rice caused all of the symptoms to come back again.

With DMSA I took 3 a day for two days and then started Chlorella on the third day, 1 table in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. By midday my legs started to feel heavy and weak but decided the next day to increase to 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon, this had me feeling anxious, fatigued, metally confused with bulging eyes and a head ache at the base of my skull near the left shoulder blade. For the weeks since then I'm just fogged out and confused with limited energy and feel spacey.

I'm taking supplemets from Endo Met in Arizona (associated with Hair Analysis with ARL http://www.arltma.com), they are good at stabilisng things but dont seem to remove the candida overgrowth. It certainly helps with what seems to be hypothyroidism associated with the heavy metal burden which so many people end up with and the Thyrocomplex product is probably the one thing I need the most along with the digestive enzymes.

It would seem my kidneys are compromised through this too as I get a large amount of back pain and lethargy if I take large doses of Vitamin C, so no rapid detox pathway unfortunately. I do take MediClear Plus daily which I assume is helping the liver but who knows.

Thanks, Troyza

Medical Insider wrote:Hello Troyza, if you can't take Chlorella because of suspected Candida infection, then best to stop until you've got to grips with your infection and healed your gut lining - try another type of absorbant as mentioned above. +4 is pretty bad, normally most types of yeast die to a large degree on the way to the lab in stool samples. So it may be even worse than that (I think +4 is maximum anyway!) My suggestion to you would be to avoid anything that mobilises any more heavy metals as you have enough circulating around already (from hair analysis), e.g. cysteine supplements, MSM, cilantro, lipoic acid, etc. I have a list of mobilising agents in an article I wrote here.

http://www.medicalinsider.com/toxicity3.html#whichtouse

I would also consider taking some things to support the kidneys and liver, to help excrete the toxins from your body.

http://www.medicalinsider.com/toxicity1.html

When you say 'messed up' on DMSA and Chlorella, define 'messed up'? Was it an allergic reaction to the Chlorella, hammering the kidneys with DMSA, what exactly?

There are other chelating agents you can use, some react badly to yeast (e.g. OSR although I've never had any problems there) and most hammer the kidneys. Depends how well your kidneys are doing.

Did your report tell you which substances inhibit the yeast most effectively? Could be that they have become tolerant of the Nystatin and you need to change antifungal. I have a list of antifungals here. Genova CDSA2.0 will provide a list of these but you can also get a good naturopath to muscle test which work best if you are into that kind of thing. Here is a list of antifungals you could try.

http://www.medicalinsider.com/bacterial.html#candidakill

You may also want to look at which probiotics would work best for you, from test results and otherwise.

Cheers

Pat

Troyza wrote:Medical Insider, Writing to you from Melbourne, Australia. Been ill for over a year with CFS, Candida, Heavy Metals and brain fog!

Troyza

Back to top Go down

Post  Medical Insider Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:31 pm

Hello Silverlin, I was really referring to another person's experience. In my previous post I did say IF Troyza had a suspected candida infection...I'm not saying that is the case or that it is the only possible explanation. Everyone has different issues and so one cannot apply one explanation to everyone suffering from similar symptoms in the vast majority of cases (with anything).

Contaminated Chlorella is another plausible or possible explanation. Some brands contain a significant level of heavy metals, but this kind of nauseous reaction would have to be way over and above that level of contamination. Most likely from organic toxins or pathogens. I have not heard of the brand you mentioned. Here is a link to their site.

http://www.synergynatural.com/pages/chlorella_nutritional_analysis.html?page_category=Chlorella

If you are buying Chlorella I would only personally suggest Sun or Jarrow, if at all. As was stated elsewhere, and as you have said, if you switch brands and don't buy from a less well known or respected brand, then you may well not have any problems. It is really trial and error.

Silverlin wrote:I just like to say I disagree with Medical Insider on this issue.

My experience is this.

On both occasions I used the same brand, and on both occasions I was very sick, violently sick, as sick as you could be short of passing out.

Was it because of anything other then some sort of contamination of the chlorella? I do not believe so. I had a friend take some at the same time and he was equally as sick.

My stomach is not sensitive, I once took 50g of spirulina a day for over a month.

IMO it has nothing to do with candida or anything else except contaminated chlorella. I'm not sure how this happens, but it does.

At present I occasionally take chlorella (from a reputable brand) with no issues what so ever.

Medical Insider

Back to top Go down

Post  Medical Insider Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:50 pm

Hey Troyza

I have heard that antibiotics can eradicate pathogens with less Herxheimer reaction than herbal antimicrobials. However, the former will kill off many if not virtually all of your good bacteria. Heavy probiotic supplementation is really needed after antibiotics. Diet is also a big factor in making any progress with herbals.

So are you able to pinpoint whether DMSA was causing the problems or the chlorella? I think you said it was the algae before, but you can repeat the DMSA without the algae and see what happens. It is not necessary with DMSA as it binds pretty well with HMs. It is really for general mopping up of naturally excreted HMs in the gut that goes on in parallel to the HMs bound to DMSA that come out in our GI tract if we are using it.

Vitamin C is a weak chelator and tends to recycle Glutathione and Lipoic Acid as well as transport HMs for a short distance and then drops them. I have had bad reactions with large Vit C doses because I had too many HMs circulating in the blood/readily chelatable in the tissues.

Mediclear contains MSM and NAC which will mobilise HMs so if you have many HMs floating around in your system, you don't really want to take that, unless you are also taking a proper chelating agent like DMSA or natural alternative. I have heard that DMSA detox symptoms are much worse than DMPS for example, which is a better chelator of mercury.

Troyza wrote:Pat,

I've tried a range of herbal Candida products but they all tend to make me feel very fatigued and brain fog increases. The products also leave my limbs feeling depleted and heavy, so I feel its the die-off causing this issue. When I used Albendazole to kill off parasites, a one off dose left me feeling terrific for a week but then a meal of brown rice caused all of the symptoms to come back again.

With DMSA I took 3 a day for two days and then started Chlorella on the third day, 1 table in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. By midday my legs started to feel heavy and weak but decided the next day to increase to 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon, this had me feeling anxious, fatigued, metally confused with bulging eyes and a head ache at the base of my skull near the left shoulder blade. For the weeks since then I'm just fogged out and confused with limited energy and feel spacey.

I'm taking supplemets from Endo Met in Arizona (associated with Hair Analysis with ARL http://www.arltma.com), they are good at stabilisng things but dont seem to remove the candida overgrowth. It certainly helps with what seems to be hypothyroidism associated with the heavy metal burden which so many people end up with and the Thyrocomplex product is probably the one thing I need the most along with the digestive enzymes.

It would seem my kidneys are compromised through this too as I get a large amount of back pain and lethargy if I take large doses of Vitamin C, so no rapid detox pathway unfortunately. I do take MediClear Plus daily which I assume is helping the liver but who knows.

Thanks, Troyza

Medical Insider

Back to top Go down

Post  Troyza Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:29 pm

Pat,

You obviously know your stuff! I think DMSA was fine to take, as i had 3 x 100mg Captomer for 2 daysand felt pretty good then started on Chlorella and started feeling things slide. The protocol i was suggested to follow was 3 x captomer a day for 2 days and 5 off, but it seems everywhere else suggests 3 days on then 11 days off.

I'm just sticking to saunas at the moment until i get the courage to try DMSA again. The probiotics I've been using are from various sources and high potency/strain amounts so i hope they are working. Feel hypothyroid, candida and mercury are working against me but I'm going to beat them!

Thanks for your help and expert knowledge, Troy

Medical Insider wrote:Hey Troyza

I have heard that antibiotics can eradicate pathogens with less Herxheimer reaction than herbal antimicrobials. However, the former will kill off many if not virtually all of your good bacteria. Heavy probiotic supplementation is really needed after antibiotics. Diet is also a big factor in making any progress with herbals.

So are you able to pinpoint whether DMSA was causing the problems or the chlorella? I think you said it was the algae before, but you can repeat the DMSA without the algae and see what happens. It is not necessary with DMSA as it binds pretty well with HMs. It is really for general mopping up of naturally excreted HMs in the gut that goes on in parallel to the HMs bound to DMSA that come out in our GI tract if we are using it.

Vitamin C is a weak chelator and tends to recycle Glutathione and Lipoic Acid as well as transport HMs for a short distance and then drops them. I have had bad reactions with large Vit C doses because I had too many HMs circulating in the blood/readily chelatable in the tissues.

Mediclear contains MSM and NAC which will mobilise HMs so if you have many HMs floating around in your system, you don't really want to take that, unless you are also taking a proper chelating agent like DMSA or natural alternative. I have heard that DMSA detox symptoms are much worse than DMPS for example, which is a better chelator of mercury.

Troyza wrote:Pat,

Thanks, Troyza

Troyza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2