Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) EmptyToday at 9:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella)

+16
jimg
Yanks
empty
crincrin
mphatesmpb
Swoosh
zerx
Silverlin
Maup
lawlaz
MAO
DM5
CausticSymmetry
Lw
Hoppipolla
Misirlou
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) Empty Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella)

Post  Misirlou Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:04 am

I've heard many positive things about chlorella and that's why I recently began using it. First day I aimed at the maximum recommended dosage for beginners. I took it with food and 2-3 hours later I was puking like a maniac! I've never ever had any problems with supplements etc, but this stuff - oh my freakin' god, I lost over 70 ounces of weight that day.

Earlier that day I had been taken some supplements (Lipoic acid, curcumin, green tea extract, ashwagandha and a few more..).

After this failure I began with half a pill, next day I was up on one pill, two pills and so on. No problems. Even 5 pills did work and I thought that I was finally adapted. During this time I skipped my daily supps. Yesterday, I was again back on 6 pills, had been taken some supps like 6-7 hours earlier and BOOM, 2-3 hours later I was down on the ground puking 9 full mouths.

I've heard so many people praising this stuff!!!! Detox, nutrients and so on.

I read on another forum that people that pukes heavily due to chlorella are probably heavy metal poisoned, no clue if this is true. I do have fluoride (naturally) in my drinking water.

PLZ HELP - I really want to continue but now I'm just too confused about this stuff.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) Empty Re: Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella)

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:20 am

Aw I'm sorry to hear about that man, I was actually thinking about this kind of stuff just yesterday. I was thinking that loading doses and stuff are fantastic, but it's wise to begin on a normal dose, go for a few days, THEN do a big/loading dose, as then you know your body will probably be cool with it.

To be honest my knowledge of chlorella is zero so I can't help you too much in this case. I would be very careful with anything that my body dislikes that much... but you might be ok on a low dose for a while. Even then though..

I'll be interested to see what responses this thread gets Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) Empty Re: Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella)

Post  Lw Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:39 am

Hmmm can this be herxheimer ?

DMSA always gave me strong nauseas, but I've never vomit.
Anyway, I know some people are vomiting while being under a metal detox.

Yes, I'd say there's maybe a link with heavy metals excretion, but I think you better stop the chlorella.. the reaction you mention looks pretty strong..

Lw

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:49 am

Misirlou - What brand of Chlorella is this?

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:10 am

CS: I have to ask my friend since he gaved me the bottle and it's without labels. I know several guys who's been on exactly this brand eating 10-50 pills a day. All I know right now is that it is chlorella pyrenoidosa.

Now I'm drained, exhausted and a bit worried, but despite whats happened, it feels like this stuff is useful...almost like an addiction, weird! I must add, I really dislike the smell and taste, even thinking about it makes me want to puke even more.

lw-4: But I seem to not be vomiting when using a lower dose?

Ah damn it, i'm confused now, WTF is going on inside me? Suspect

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:18 am

Chlorella but moreso Spriulina can cause this gastro reaction to my knowledge. Could be bad Chlorella. "Sun Chlorella" is supposed to be a really good brand. Could be a combination of everything else and this your taking. Cut everything out and just take the Chlorella and try smaller doses.

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

Like March Against Monsanto on Facebook
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:47 am

This information is from Ray Sahelian's website:

Chlorella supplement questions
Q. I read somewhere that chlorella removes toxins from the body. Is that true? Also, I read that one needs to check their blood iron level before taking chlorella.
A. When people talk in such vague terms as 'toxins,' it makes me think that either they do not understand the complexity of the human body, or they are just scammers, trying to hype their product. I have not seen any studies where chlorella was found to remove 'toxins' from the body. How are these 'toxins' defined, anyway?
It makes no sense to me that one has to check their iron level before taking chlorella. It's like saying one has to check their iron level before eating meat products. There are several milligrams of iron in a few ounces of meat. Three capsules of chlorella will have less than one mg of iron. Unless you plan to take half a bottle of chlorella capsules a day for months and years, forget about the silly advice of checking iron levels.

Q. Dear Dr. Sahelian: Since you are a respected authority whose input and knowledge I respect, I wanted to ask: In your opinion, does chlorella have any value as a memory enhancement supplement? The flyer from Sun Chlorella claims that a study where seniors took10 a day of their Sun Chlorella pills, in addition to the liquid extract, proved that it has memory enhancing properties. Have you had any experience with Sun Chlorella? I think its probably a pretty good detoxifier. But I've never heard you mention it. I love the products you formulate and have just finished reading your Mind Boosters book. Thank you for your time.
A. We have searched Medline and could not find studies with Sun Chlorella and memory. Even if there were one study that showed some benefit, it would pale in comparison to the many studies done with other brain nutrients that are discussed in the Mind Boosters book. Chlorella, in moderation, appears to be a healthy addition to one's diet and supplement intake, however it is one of countless other beneficial supplements that are available.

Q. I am a healthy 19 year old who participates in sports including lacrosse and kung fu. I have recently been introduced to the health benefits of chlorella and spirulina, but I'm on a student's budget (one who's putting himself through a big university) and even though I'd like to take both, I have to choose. I was just wondering if there are certain reasons why I should take one over the other (spirulina versus chlorella).
A. I am a believer in ingesting a variety of supplements rather than the same one(s) all the time. As such it may be a good idea to take spirulina first, once the bottle is finished to take a week off, and then take a chlorella supplement. It is a good idea to take breaks in between.

Chlorella side effects testimonials
Q. I started taking a chlorella supplement several weeks ago. I did not take them everyday. Last Monday I took Chlorella about an hour after I ate lunch. Within 3 hours I had an upset stomach and threw up several time that night. The next day I was alright. I did not take chlorella for the rest of the week due to I thought that it may have something to do with my sickness. Yesterday, a week later I decided to try chlorella again. This time I took it right after I ate. within in three hours I was violently sick. I was throwing up every 2 to three seconds. It was so bad I got dehydrated within an hour and was so disoriented that an ambulance had to pick me up to take me to the Hospital, By this time the Paramedics said I was throwing up a lot of bile. The doctors at the emergency room told me that it was more likely a reaction to the chlorella. Has anyone else had these kind of side affects? I do not even take the complete recommended dosage. What could have caused such a reaction. I have had stomach viruses before. This was the worst thing that I have ever had. I thought I was dying. How can something that is suppose to be good for you cause such a reaction?
A. This is the first we have heard of a chlorella supplement causing this side effect. What brand was it, and was it mixed with other herbs or ingredients? Perhaps this particular batch was contaminated? It's best to contact the manufacturer who made this product. What brand was it? Were there other herbs in it?
Q. The brand is Source Naturals Yaeyama Chlorella. It had just vitamins in it and mixed carotenoids.
A. Since this first report from 2006, we have had several other chlorella side effect emails.

Q. I read the posting above regarding chlorella side effects and this happened to me as well when I took a chlorella supplement. I tried it on two different occasions and vomited for a least an hour after taking the chlorella supplements. I thought that I was the only one who had this experience because I hadn't seen any comment or questions like this before concerning chlorella pills. I'm quite sure there are several other people who have had this experience with chlorella pills.
A. This is the second report we have had regarding vomiting side effect after taking chlorella supplements.

Q. I was reading your article on chlorella supplement and was interested to see that more than one person has had a nasty experience after ingesting this chlorella product. I decided to buy some about a month ago and took it in powder form for about 2 weeks. It seemed to agree with me ok, then one day I took it and within one hour I was experiencing the worst case of what felt like food poisoning you can ever imagine. Severe vomiting and diarrhea for several hours. I waited about a week to try again( not believing it could possibly be this wonderful food supplement that I was so impressed by initially) and sure enough the same thing happened. Still, I was undaunted and a week later I tried again but this time I took only 1/8th of a dose. Within one hour once again I was vomiting etc. and the day was ruined due to the fatigue of just getting it out of my system. I am stymied by this and now I'm concerned about what might be causing me to reject it. I have no known diseases or conditions. The chlorella product I took is reputable (Sequel) and has been stored properly. I ate only very benign foods at the time of ingestion and felt fine 'til after it was taken.

I just wanted to add my two cents to the issue of immediate sickness and side effect after taking chlorella supplement. I was reading your chlorella supplement questions site, and noted a couple of people had been violently ill when taking it. This has also happened to me, more than once first when taking a chlorella supplement prescribed by my naturopath and then yesterday, July 2008) when unknowingly drinking a fruit smoothie that contained chlorella. The sickness was debilitating vomiting, diarrhea, etc. and left me on the bathroom floor for four hours. Someone should do chlorella studies on this effect, as it appears I’m not the only one.
We have had several chlorella side effects reported in terms of gastrointestinal upset.

I saw on your section on chlorella about how someone vomited when they took chlorella. In the past I was able to take it with no problem (NOW chlorella powder). But when I tried it a few weeks later, I vomited all day and was very, very sick. Then I tried it again about a week later and the same thing happened. I don't know if I became allergic to it, or what, but I won't take any type of chlorella now.

I just want to report vomiting violently several hours after taking chlorella supplements - this happened two times and I will never use it again. As in one of the comments on your site an ambulance was called one time. In my experience the chlorella applies itself systemically - I felt sensations from the head to the feet. It also moves one into an altered state of consciousness, the kind of state one enters any time one is quite ill. The brand I used was BioPure. I had another brand a while back and never had any problem with it.

I am witting you to report to you how very ill I became after taking chlorella supplement. The first time I took it the response was delayed (24-48 hours, after I first started). The next time, I tried it, it was only a matter of 4 hours or so, before I was violently vomiting. It took about 24 hours to recover, each time.

I read your post on the chlorella page and The last few were all saying they got sick. I have been taking chlorella for years along with my wife, my two brothers, their wives, my parents and at least 20 friends and acquaintances. No body I know has ever been sick. Since chlorella and spirulina are a food, not supplements, (there is nothing added to pure chlorella and spirulina), that's like trying to say I vomit violently from eating green beans. I know that the drug cartels (prescription drugs that is) go to great lengths to suppress anything like chlorella and spirulina as many people find it does make them very healthy. Speaking for myself and all the people I know, it does make a huge difference in our life and health. Now I did do quite a bit of research on chlorella and did find that there are good manufactures and ones you really should stay away from because of contaminates in their product. My wife suffers from migraines. After taking chlorella and spurulina (10 grams a day each) she had not suffered a disabling migraine (it used to happen at least once a month). Now she may get headaches but they are handled with Tylenol and such. Coincidence? Maybe but I think not. She stopped taking this stuff for about a month and suffered a disabling migraine for the firs time in two years. I told her to get back into the routine and she has been fine since. Anyway, I took the time to write this because I really have seen the benefits of chlorella and spurulina.

I have about a tablespoon of chlorella powder everyday. I had previously read that it's a "food" and that you can't eat too much. Now I've seen warnings on another health website that over-use of chlorella can lead to excessively high iron levels.
As with most supplements, it is a good idea to take breaks from use.

I was reading your section on chlorella and saw the abundance of reader comments on several reactions after ingesting chlorella. I also noticed the absence in your comments and research citations of the profound role of chlorella in heavy metal chelation. Chlorella is an essential oral chelator. There is much research on this. It would be a great service to readers if this could be addressed on your site and research could be posted. I think that the reactions people were experiencing have to do with the heavy metal toxic burden being mobilized and reabsorbed or redistribution. I personally experienced a difficult reaction to chlorella - similar to what other readers described - when taking it for heavy metal chelation. I have read that higher doses should be taken in such cases, as more chlorella is needed to sufficiently bind to the metals it mobilizes.
I have not seen human studies regarding the role of this supplement in terms of chelating heavy metals. Some people think such reactions are due to chelation, but that may not necessarily be so. I question the wisdom of taking more in such cases of getting these unpleasant reactions or side effects.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  MAO Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:29 am

I've just started taking the Jarrows brand Chlorella powder (2g twice daily with food) as part of my metal detox. Strangely I love the taste and seem to tolerate it very well. I'm sure that I am experiencing a metallic taste on my tongue due to this supplement. I am also taking the IH top 6.

MAO

Back to top Go down

Post  lawlaz Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:10 pm

Mercola says about 1/3 of people cant tolerate chlorella because of stomach upset.

Now, dont quote me on this, but I think he said if you persist with it that it can go away. Look on his website for more info.

Also the brand you get is important, try to only get from trusted manufacturers.

lawlaz

Back to top Go down

Post  lawlaz Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:13 pm

http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jts/35/1/101/_pdf/-char/ja/

Very new study says chlorella increases mercury excretion in mice...

lawlaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Maup Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Same thing happened to me. I bought a kilo of chlorella from a good brand and woke up in the middle of the night feeling really sick and vomiting like crazy. First i thought i ate someting wrong but a couple of days later i took some chlorella again and the same thing happened.
Then one month later i gave it another try but a couple of hours later again i was puking like i never puked before, i mean it was coming out of my nose and mouth at the same time. I'm never gonna touch that stuff again. With spirulina i have no problem.

Maup

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:23 pm

I posted something over a year ago warning people about this. I've taken chlorella on three seperate occasions and every single time i've had servere food poisening. Literally the sickest i've ever been in my life.

First time I took it I woke up at night sick as all fuck, threw up, but wasn't really sure what had caused it. Next day I took some chlorella again and threw my guts up for hours till there was nothing left to throw up except bile. Never touched the stuff again for over a year, then about a month ago I bought some chlorella and guess what? I'm vomiting violently for hours.

Now what is interesting is that the chlorella I had always used is from the same brand "synergy natural". Now can chlorella somehow be comtaminated or go off? I think so.

I take hawaiian spirulina all the time and I've never had this problem.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:46 pm

Thank you guys for your replies Wink

I also noticed that since I started to experiment with Chlorella the smell of my perspiration is much worse, so something is probably happening? (100% related to chlorella).

This morning I couldn't get up cos of severe headache, probably aggravated by the bad weather going on (which alters air pressure, density?) and the fact that chlorella could have released some heavy metals from different tissues, now floating around in my system (just a theory).

CS: Any recommendations? confused

I really want to know why this is happening, don't we have any chlorella expert around? bounce

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:17 am

Desperately bumping thread Sad

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Let me try to reassure you. This same thing did happen to me. Two days in a row I took high doses of chlorella and paid for it. But I did slowly eased up to high doses but very slowly. I also noticed that it doesnt help to have an empty stomach or close to it i.e hungry.

If I had to guess why it happens I'd say that it has alot to do with chlorella being a strong alkalizing supplement. So maybe you don't want to alkalize your body all at once but gradually.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:33 am

zerx: It's really not a pleasant experience at all, but it's a darn effective weight-loss method Wink

I will start again then, carefully increasing dosage every month or so.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Swoosh Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:39 am

I'm fairly certain that chlorella also makes my stomach very ill. I wasn't sure if it was the chlorella or the spirulina, but for the last few days I have ceased use of the chlorella and taken about 4 tabs of spirulina every night and my stomach problem has yet to return. I take the Now brand variety.

Swoosh

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:08 pm

I just ordered some Chlorella tablets from iHerb (NOW brand). These threads all over the internet about severe vomiting induced by Chlorella supplementation are beginning to worry me. Has anyone with chlorella intolerance successfully implemented a chorella regimen by gradually increasing dosage? I am planning on taking like 1/10th of a pill to start off with...if that's what it will take to avoid the vomiting. And I'll gradually increase from there.

What about Humifulvate? Is it better than Chlorella as a chelating agent? I am planning currently to combine cilantro, garlic, and chlorella. Does anyone have any advice to improve my detox regimen?

-MP
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:20 am

It remember reading that it might have to do with the cell wall. I'm not sure, but broken cell wall varieties might not cause vomiting.

Maybe we can do an informal poll here. Anyone who has tried chlorella, post whether or not it was the broken cell wall kind, and tell us any kind of adverse reaction you had.

I've used large doses of broken cell wall chlorella and have never had any noticeable side effects.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  empty Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:31 am

So, uhh.. if it makes you vomit, why do you want to keep taking it?

empty

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:41 am

I believe I've had both broken and unbroken... no reactions. I'm using broken now and I'm fine with it. I'm really hitting the metal detox hard right now... humifulvate, MCP, chlorella, a little bit of garlic here and there, french green clay

So far so good, but I've been detoxing very lightly for a while. Back when I started I got terrible detox reactions, but I'm doing good right now. Howver, I'm also using Rife and try to time my detox supp's with when I'm using Rife so maybe it's getting the stuff right out after it's stirred up
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Why, why, why is this happening to me? (Chlorella) Empty I nearly died from using chlorella

Post  jimg Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:42 am

I got unbelievably sick from chlorella and nearly died. I made a website about my experience to let people know how careful they should be with this stuff: www.badchlorella.com - I am trying to get enough people together that got sick from Yaeyama Chlorella to get Source Naturals (that's the maker of the stuff I took) switch to a better warning label. Of course they claim that I am only the second case they've ever heard of, and I want to use my site to get all those random chlorella sickness stories in one place to warn potential users. For anyone who had the same experience, Do you mind telling me who was the maker of your chlorella? Did you ever contact them about how sick you got? it would be so kind of you to reply on my website www.badchlorella.com. I appologize if I am stirring up some horrible memories - I know from first had experience how horribly sick this stuff can make you.

Biggest thanks in advance,

AssiaG

jimg

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:24 pm

Interesting thread.

I bought Yaeyama Chlorella from Iherb - it was a big tub and I kept it in the fridge to try and keep it fresh.

I took it off and on for maybe a month. Then all of a sudden I took the stuff and it gave me the worst stomach upset and diarrhea every day I took it. I finally gave up and tossed the stuff after 3-4 days.
I don't know if it went bad or something, but I won't bother taking the stuff again.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Medical Insider Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:38 pm

I have never had problems with puking when taking supplements personally. I know that if one has excessive amounts of Candida that one may not tolerate (becoming allergic to) Chlorella, Spirulina or cereal grasses. I had this happen to me years ago. I had headaches and felt generally rather fatigued and unwell, but never nauseous. If you are feeling nauseous immediately then it is a stomach sensitivity issue, and if it is many hours afterwards, it may well be that your intestines are generating this response; or perhaps it is more the last thing you ate that is in your stomach. You may find something like Zinc L-Carnosine or Sano-Gastril helps to line the stomach mucosa. You could also try something like NAG, Arabinogalactan and Glutamine to help with inflamed intestinal issues, assuming it is the problem. I would have a gut test done at the very least; and possibly an allergy test.

5 tablets a day is probably enough anyway. Sure you can take more and I've eaten 10-20g a day or so at times, but more doesn't necessarily mean more benefit. It also has a cold energy component which you may not handle (in TCM terms). I would not take Lipoic acid until I'd chelated heavy metals from my system to a large extent as otherwise you can end up mobilising too many and getting really ill. Depends on your dosage of course, but still. You can always experiment more with dosages and eliminating one of more supplements to identify what combination of supps and at what dosage causes the problem and adjust your routine accordingly. If you want an intestinal absorbant, there are better ones that Chlorella anyway, like Zeolite, Bentonite, Modified Alginate, Metachel and others. I hope this helps.

Medical Insider

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:32 am

Thanks a million!

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next