Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Alpha lipoic acid - all that is needed for detox? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Alpha lipoic acid - all that is needed for detox? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Alpha lipoic acid - all that is needed for detox? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Alpha lipoic acid - all that is needed for detox? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Alpha lipoic acid - all that is needed for detox? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Alpha lipoic acid - all that is needed for detox? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Alpha lipoic acid - all that is needed for detox? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Alpha lipoic acid - all that is needed for detox? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Alpha lipoic acid - all that is needed for detox? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Alpha lipoic acid - all that is needed for detox?

4 posters

Go down

Alpha lipoic acid - all that is needed for detox? Empty Alpha lipoic acid - all that is needed for detox?

Post  abc123 Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:16 pm

ALA - ALPHA LIPOIC ACID (Also known as LIPOIC ACID or THIOCTIC ACID)
This is most the most important ingredient in oral chelation. ALA chelates both intracellular and extracellular mercury - in the brain and in the body. ALA crosses the Blood Brain Barrier (BBB) and is thus able to clear mercury from the brain. Many people have successfully detoxed with ALA alone (mostly because they couldn't tolerate the other common chelating agent DMSA for some or other reason). ALA has a half-life of 3 hours.
The ALA is essential to detox, while DMSA is not. Pulling mercury out of the blood and soft tissues is relatively easy, but pulling it out of the inside of cells is much harder. ALA is a disulfide. It is water and fat soluble which makes it able to pass the BBB. ALA will also chelate arsenic.
Start ALA at low doses of 12.5mg to ensure few or no adverse effects, and add only after many rounds of DMSA. ALA can really increase side effects in a mercury toxic person and you may need to reduce the dose to 6.25mg. The maximum dose of ALA per day is about 1200mg (that is very high and can cause bad or intolerable side effects in some, so work up SLOWLY. It can take you years to get to this point). Starting low and working up is the safest way to proceed to avoid exacerbating symptoms. The higher dosage seems to make a more dramatic difference ultimately, but it takes a long time to get there safely. ALA is not usually as 'easy' as DMSA, as you are mobilizing mercury from the brain and inside the cells. So it is difficult to 'expect' a symptom-free round with it, and especially the day after the round has finished. Usually side-effects are worse when coming off of an ALA-round when the mercury is redistributing. If the side effects are too harsh lower the dosage before proceeding.

If you have removed your mercury Amalgams a long time ago, you should still use DMSA on its own for a few months before adding ALA. In this way you can know which supplement is causing a problem if it occurs. The brain will not detox mercury on its own and only over a lifetime would it be able to eliminate it to a small degree. Only ALA is able to allow mercury to be excreted from the brain. People with significant brain mercury will not be able to improve unless they use enough ALA for a long enough time. Those that improve greatly on DMSA alone, do not usually have as much brain toxicity. ALA is excreted mainly through the bilary system (bile ducts) from the liver and into the gastro-intestinal tract and also through the kidneys. This means these pathways of elimination should be flowing well to assist detoxification.
ALA should be avoided until the body burden is reduced, as it can move more mercury into the brain if the body burden is too high and redistribution is initiated.
ALA is available from most health shops in far too high a dosage without appropriate warnings or directions of usage.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Alpha lipoic acid - all that is needed for detox? Empty Re: Alpha lipoic acid - all that is needed for detox?

Post  FireFist Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:06 pm

12.5 and 6.25mg?

I dont think you will find a supplement with less than 50mg, and most supplement will be 600mg
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Alpha lipoic acid - all that is needed for detox? Empty Re: Alpha lipoic acid - all that is needed for detox?

Post  baller234 Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:34 am

I take 600 mg a day with largest meal along with biotin and havent' notice anything.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:28 am

What are you suppose to notice man?

it reduces inflammation at the tissues & organs, you are unable to feel it unless you can feel them
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:07 am

FireFist wrote:What are you suppose to notice man?

it reduces inflammation at the tissues & organs, you are unable to feel it unless you can feel them

I think he was referring to the "symptoms" that the article mentions. I believe the article was referring to detox symptoms such as headaches, nausea, insomnia, etc.

I too jumped in at about 800 mgs per day, approximately half of which is R-Lipoic Acid, and didn't notice a thing. Not sure if that means I didn't have much to detox, or if the article is garbage.

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:51 am

I think the article is garbage. I took 1200 mg a day for a while and didnt notice anything either.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:54 am

Mabye not garbage but I think it exaggerartes the dangers of detox symptoms caused by lipoic acid. Most people dont have toxic levels of mercury tucked away in their tissues.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:36 am

The information in the article was interesting, although the dosage information almost makes me question the whole thing. It might be one thing if they were talking about intravaneous injections but I didn't see anything that makes me think that is what they are talking about with those dosage levels.

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down