Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
"the fat you eat is the fat you wear" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
"the fat you eat is the fat you wear" - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
"the fat you eat is the fat you wear" - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
"the fat you eat is the fat you wear" - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
"the fat you eat is the fat you wear" - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
"the fat you eat is the fat you wear" - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
"the fat you eat is the fat you wear" - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
"the fat you eat is the fat you wear" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
"the fat you eat is the fat you wear" - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

"the fat you eat is the fat you wear"

+17
thissucks
KAPTUNKRUNK
Nocturnalhorse
LA-Night
Mr. Clean
zerx
Gibson
Directo
TheFunkyStumpfighter
tonyj
scottyc33
CausticSymmetry
misterE
MAO
blackjack
zanza
21 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

"the fat you eat is the fat you wear" - Page 3 Empty Re: "the fat you eat is the fat you wear"

Post  Gibson Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:36 am

Gibson wrote:
blackjack wrote:if you want to be weak and frail just eat a vegan diet.. its the anti muscle diet.

I don't think that is true. After a long search for an agreeable protein supp, with some disasterous results--I must have an allergy to egg white protein--I finally closed on pea protein. Pea protein is great; it seems to be slow burning, so there is no spike and it seems to have a sustaining effect on muscles. Most important, it works for me. Also, the Olympian Labs product I have tastes good.

That said, I've basically been vegan for over a month--no meat, but some dairy. And I am as strong as I was in my twenties. I'm also basically back to the slimness which I always enjoyed, which means I appear more cut. That said, as I have always maintained, I think hormonal profile is more important than diet when it comes to muscle and strength.

Of all people, I just heard that Mike Tyson is now a vegan:

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2010/08/02/mike-tyson-credits-vegan-diet-with-massive-130-pound-weight-loss/

One other guy you probably wouldn't think is vegan:

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2010/08/10/the-old-spice-guy-shares-vegan-gluten-free-diet-on-the-tonight-show-with-jay-leno/

Gibson

Back to top Go down

"the fat you eat is the fat you wear" - Page 3 Empty Re: "the fat you eat is the fat you wear"

Post  blackjack Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:37 am

Sure you find examples of healthy people who follow a vegan diet or raw food diet, etc..

But i'm looking for healthy populations of people that have been following there traditional diet for several generations, not these ridiculously fade vegan/low fat, even low carb diet...

it's been well noted that children and expecting mothers fail to thrive on strict vegan/vegetarian diets.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:50 am

Actually, you're tirade against veganism/vegetarianism is all over the map.

I had responded to your bit about muscle and weakness simply because I'm strong like bull and have been basically eating vegan.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:09 am

you would be a lot stronger eating animal protein, and healthier.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:10 am

vegan/vegetarianism is a religion... its people who worship animals..

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:19 am

Well, not long ago my diet was meat-based, so I know for fact your advise is misguided in my case.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:24 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:misterE - If eating fat causes fat storage, and what fat we eat is what we wear, then how would you account for the results of this study, which was published this month? (not two decades ago like the low fat fanatics).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20679559

I'm sure you're short on time, so I will help out a little:

RESULTS: Weight loss was approximately 11 kg (11%) at 1 year and 7 kg (7%) at 2 years. There were no differences in weight, body composition, or bone mineral density between the groups at any time point. During the first 6 months, the low-carbohydrate diet group had greater reductions in diastolic blood pressure, triglyceride levels, and very-low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels, lesser reductions in low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels, and more adverse symptoms than did the low-fat diet group. The low-carbohydrate diet group had greater increases in high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels at all time points, approximating a 23% increase at 2 years.

CONCLUSION: Successful weight loss can be achieved with either a low-fat or low-carbohydrate diet when coupled with behavioral treatment. A low-carbohydrate diet is associated with favorable changes in cardiovascular disease risk factors at 2 years.

Anyone can lose weight on any type of diet as long as you burn more calories than store. Does that make it healthy? No. Does it mean it can reverse heart-disease or prostate-enlargement? No. Most of the weight people loose is water at first. Not body-fat.

The evidence says that your diet (high-protein/high-fat/low-fiber) increases estrogen and lowers SHBG and IGFBP's, both of which are sensitive markers for insulin sensitivity. How do you explain that? Do I need to post the copious amounts of studies again to prove my point?

CS, you never answered my question on the first page, I will repost it below.

misterE wrote:What about the fat you eat? Does it, or does it not turn directly into body-fat via lipoproteins and lipoprotein-lipase?
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:29 am

mistere you can't win no matter what studies you post, even though i posted several studies confirming a low fat even veggie based diet is inferior to low carb diets..
I will never ever follow your diet advice solely based on traditional diets and the work of weston price.

your diet is fad propaganda BS.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:16 am

misterE wrote:CS, you never answered my question on the first page, I will repost it below.
misterE wrote:What about the fat you eat? Does it, or does it not turn directly into body-fat via lipoproteins and lipoprotein-lipase?
I love how he ignores other's questions and how he dares requesting CS to answer his...
CS, don't even answer, you're falling in his game.

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:02 pm

misterE wrote:

Anyone can lose weight on any type of diet as long as you burn more calories than store. Does that make it healthy? No. Does it mean it can reverse heart-disease or prostate-enlargement? No. Most of the weight people loose is water at first. Not body-fat.

The evidence says that your diet (high-protein/high-fat/low-fiber) increases estrogen and lowers SHBG and IGFBP's, both of which are sensitive markers for insulin sensitivity. How do you explain that? Do I need to post the copious amounts of studies again to prove my point?

CS, you never answered my question on the first page, I will repost it below.

lol!

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:05 pm

CS, what about the fat you eat? Does it, or does it not turn directly into body-fat via lipoproteins and lipoprotein-lipase?
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:37 pm

Directo wrote:
misterE wrote:CS, you never answered my question on the first page, I will repost it below.
I love how he ignores other's questions and how he dares requesting CS to answer his...
Smart try

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:03 pm

MisterE - http://dietforum.com/

Fire away. We'll be back here dealing with hair issues should you convert that forum into vegans and get bored.

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:20 pm

action<reaction wrote:MisterE - http://dietforum.com/

Fire away. We'll be back here dealing with hair issues should you convert that forum into vegans and get bored.

That might help this forum actually. It's been one thread after the other of useless drivel from this guy.
Lets get back to hair loss folks. CS please end this misery.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:26 pm

zerx wrote:
action<reaction wrote:MisterE - http://dietforum.com/

That might help this forum actually. It's been one thread after the other of useless drivel from this guy.
Lets get back to hair loss folks. CS please end this misery.

Yes, I agree, the improper metabolism of certain foods is no longer much of a mystery, and metabolic typing has been clearly addressed... if MisterE does better on carbs that's great but that's him.

I didn't mind this for a while, it was constructive arguments for a while, but now it's ground hog day.

I fear for the growth of this site because of it, I really enjoy this site and the idea of any new potential posters just totally leaving confused over the cross-fire of vegan dogma, and how the hell they're going to solve their hair loss here with all of the same old lack of progress that comes with it, really is starting to bother me.

We are smarter than to let that happen, aren't we?

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:47 am

CS, what about the fat you eat? Does it, or does it not turn directly into body-fat via lipoproteins and lipoprotein-lipase?
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:51 am

So thats it, huh? I mean, it's not like every time CS does reply to one of your questions it goes completely ignored anyway, right? You don't have any answers for the mass of people tearing apart every point you try to make, so you decide to ignore them and demand some of your own.

Why not just admit that you have no clue what you're talking about, and that everything you believe was take out of McDougall's newsletters verbatim? At this point, everyone else seems to understand that much, maybe it's time you joined reality with the rest of us.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:05 am

You know, if perhaps one would factor in WHEN something is eaten this could all be resolved pretty fast.

Eat your fats while you're up and moving, and your carbs as you wind down, and you're SET.
Is that so hard?

Sure, fat goes onto your body more easily than carbs, but if you're in motion and doing a typical daily fast (as nature bloody well intended, do you see those Okinawin stopping by a burger king on their way out to forage or hunt for their food? NOPE) then this is something that is NOT a bad thing. Three meals a day is a modern invention, and if you don't listen to your body well enough then yeah, you'll put on FAT, big scary globs of it perhaps if you don't watch it. We can still eat three squares of course, so long as it's fat in the morning and mid lunch, then your veggies, grains, and leaner meats at night.

I can't even believe that this is getting so much attention...

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:25 am

by action<reaction on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:05 pm
You know, if perhaps one would factor in WHEN something is eaten this could all be resolved pretty fast.

Eat your fats while you're up and moving, and your carbs as you wind down, and you're SET.
Is that so hard?

It's the other way around for me. My diet tends to be High Fat/Low Carbs. This is the main way I keep the pounds off when I'm sedentary for long periods at a time. When I'm back to exercising, I'll add and adjust the amount of carbs to my diet depending on the level of intensity. For me, carbs tend to increase my fat storage.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:50 am

by misterE on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:47 pm

With all do respect, maybe the vagueness of the question posses the problem to answering the question. We should know what kind of adipose tissue your talking about; the visceral, the subcutaneous fat? And of lipoproteins, are you talking about the LPL activity in general or LPL as the primary role in obesity?
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:47 am

tonyj wrote:
by misterE on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:47 pm

With all do respect, maybe the vagueness of the question posses the problem to answering the question. We should know what kind of adipose tissue your talking about; the visceral, the subcutaneous fat? And of lipoproteins, are you talking about the LPL activity in general or LPL as the primary role in obesity?
It's not about this. He tries to destabilize CS. It seems to be his point. I think he came to make a mess. I never mention ban or things like this but he is really looking for it.
He is really disrespectful to everybody.

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:53 pm

BUMP
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Clean Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:36 pm

misterE wrote:BUMP

http://www.annecollins.com/body-fat-adipose-tissue-guide.htm

How Are Surplus Carbs Used And Stored?

Carbohydrate is the major source of energy for the body. This is because, of all nutrients, it converts most readily to glucose which is the body's preferred fuel. When we eat carbohydrate, it is converted to glucose in the digestive tract and distributed via the liver to cells throughout the body for use as energy. Once our immediate energy needs are satisfied, the remaining carb glucose is handled in one of two ways. Either it is converted to liquid glycogen (a temporary source of readily available energy) and stored in the liver or muscles. Or, it is converted into fatty acids by the liver and stored in adipose cells (fat-cells) around the body.

How Is Surplus Protein Used And Stored?

Protein is broken down into amino acids in the stomach and small intestine, then distributed via the liver to cells throughout the body for a variety of uses included cell formation and repair. Some surplus protein amino acids are kept circulating in the bloodstream, the remainder is either converted into a type of simple sugar and used as energy, or (like carbohydrate) is converted to fatty acid and stored in adipose cells.

How Is Surplus Dietary Fat Used And Stored?

Dietary fat is broken down into fatty acids and glycerol by the stomach and small intestine. It is then distributed (in the form of triglycerides) via the lymphatic system and bloodstream to the cells for a variety of specialized uses or, in the absence of sufficient carbs, for energy. However, since dietary fat cannot be converted into protein and only about 5 percent (the glycerol part) is convertible into glucose, and because dietary fat is not the body's preferred choice of fuel, a significant amount ends up being stored as body fat in the adipose tissue.
Mr. Clean
Mr. Clean

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Clean Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:03 pm

http://www.active.com/running/Articles/Eating_practices_of_the_best_endurance_athletes_in_the_world.htm

Eating practices of the best endurance athletes in the world

[...]

In addition, approximately half of all of the male athletes in the world who have ever run the 10K in less than 27 minutes hail from Kenya. When they're allowed to enter freely, Kenyan athletes dominate road races around the world.

[...]

Kenyan runners tend to eat a limited variety of foods, and that was certainly the case with these elite athletes. Most of their nutrients came from vegetable sources, and the "staple" edibles were bread, boiled rice, poached potatoes, boiled porridge, cabbage, kidney beans and ugali (a well-cooked, corn-meal paste that's molded into balls and dipped into other foods for flavoring).

Meat (primarily beef) was eaten just four times a week in fairly small amounts (about 100 grams -- 3.5 ounces a day). A fair amount of tea with milk and sugar was imbibed on a daily basis (more on this in a moment).

If you're thinking about heading to a nutritional-supplement store to purchase some performance-enhancing supplements (or you already purchase on a regular basis), bear in mind that the Kenyan runners were not taking supplements of any kind. There were no vitamins, no minerals, no special formulations or miracle compounds, nada. The gold-medal-winning Kenyans adhered to the odd philosophy that regular foods could fuel their efforts quite nicely.

[...]

Daily nutrient intake

About 86 percent of daily calories came from vegetable sources, with 14 percent from animal foods. As you might expect, the Kenyan-runners' diets were extremely rich in carbohydrate, with 76.5 percent of daily calories coming from carbs. The Kenyans ate about 10.4 grams of carbohydrate per kilogram of body mass each day, or approximately 4.7 grams per pound of body weight.

An amazing facet of the Kenyans' eating habits was the consistency of this carbohydrate intake: Every 24 hours, the Kenyans took in about 600 grams of carbohydrate, with very little variation from day to day. They were truly stocking their leg muscles with glycogen, giving their sinews the right fuel necessary for the high-intensity training they were conducting -- and avoiding the fatigue which automatically follows on the heels of glycogen wipe-outs.

[...]

The Kenyan runners' carbohydrate intakes are also higher than those reported in endurance athletes in other countries around the world. As Pitsiladis, Boit, Onywera and Kiplamai pointed out, the carb intake of elite distance runners in the U.S., the Netherlands, Australia and South Africa have been measured at 49 (!), 50, 52 and 50 percent of total calories, respectively, a far cry from the Kenyan total of 76.5 percent.3,4,5,6 The Kenyans appear to be doing a better job of fueling themselves for their high-intensity training, compared with their "peers" in other countries.

[...]

Mr. Clean
Mr. Clean

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:51 pm

misterE wrote:BUMP
Directo wrote:
Directo wrote:
Smart try
BUMP bounce

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next