Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I want to keep taking finasteride - which supplements should I take? EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
I want to keep taking finasteride - which supplements should I take? EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
I want to keep taking finasteride - which supplements should I take? EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
I want to keep taking finasteride - which supplements should I take? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I want to keep taking finasteride - which supplements should I take? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
I want to keep taking finasteride - which supplements should I take? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
I want to keep taking finasteride - which supplements should I take? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
I want to keep taking finasteride - which supplements should I take? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
I want to keep taking finasteride - which supplements should I take? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I want to keep taking finasteride - which supplements should I take?

3 posters

Go down

I want to keep taking finasteride - which supplements should I take? Empty I want to keep taking finasteride - which supplements should I take?

Post  hairze Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:14 am

Hi there.

It's been a long time since my last post.

I'm a diffuse thinner, with DUPA, and I've been taking maxi-hair 2 tablets/day and krill oil 2 capsules/day in the last 6 months, with absolutely NO difference in my hair.

I know I could have tried a much better regimen, but I guess that this one should have at least showed some hair improvement.

I've also been taking 1.25mg of finasteride for the past 10 years (I'm 28 years old now), and I guess this is the one who is keeping my hair. I have family history of MPB.

I've recently started reading about the influence of finasteride on depression and anxiety, and I've been aware from the beginning about the sexual issues, which I don't seem to have (I have good sexual drive, even though I lost my morning erections, no problem with that).

So my question is: for the ones who want to keep taking finasteride, what kind of supplements can we take to counteract the harmful side effects of this drug, on allopregnolone and other hormones?

Thanks

hairze

Back to top Go down

I want to keep taking finasteride - which supplements should I take? Empty Re: I want to keep taking finasteride - which supplements should I take?

Post  johnt Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:17 am

hairze -

First, if you're going to stay on fin I'd recommend cutting the dose. You could start with half what you are currently taking and go even further (down to .2 eod in reality) and it would still be effective.

Second, I'd drop the maxi-hair vitamins - you could be spending you're money much more effectively. Keep the Krill, replace the maxi-hair with Curcumin/Resveratrol and/or ecklonia cava.

Third, add pregnenolone. Maca seems to help with those suffering sexual sides - sounds like you probably don't though.

johnt

Back to top Go down

I want to keep taking finasteride - which supplements should I take? Empty Re: I want to keep taking finasteride - which supplements should I take?

Post  hairze Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:59 am

This issue of the propecia side effects is quite controverse... When I was reading about the anxiety and depressiona hypothesis I immediatly started thinking "mmmmm, that's why I'm so anxious sometimes..."... I started reading compulsively, when I suddenly had to stop and think: my family has an history and anxiety disorder, my dad is very anxious, I'm an anxious person since very young age, many years before starting to take propecia, and none of this has changed. I can even say that adulthood brought me greater calm and confidence I didn't have before.

As to the sexual side effects, I can't honestly tell if I could be more "sexual" without the finasteride, but I have an active sexual life, and I have absolutely no problems with erection and ejaculation. Still, one thing is for sure, and it scared me a lot: 2 months ago I was out of finasteride, and I went through 4 days without taking it. In the 3rd day I could easily feel the change in the quality of the orgasm, it was strange and almost not pleasant at all, and it got worse in the 4th day. I resumed it, and everything went away... This was a sure proof that this drug messes with the sexual side of life, even though that doesn't necessarily mean it ruins it, as I stopped the medication abruptly.

About the supplements, maxi-hair seems to be such an amazing product on paper. It has so many stuff everyone is saying we should take, including iodine, so I don't know if I should stop it.

About the dosage, how can I be sure that I could use a lower dose, when I see so many people having to go for the 2.5 and 5mg route to maintain their hair?

About the supplements you suggested, are you sure that none of them will revert the benefits of propecia?

Thanks!

hairze

Back to top Go down

Post  Petch Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:29 am

There is a graph going round that shows taking more than 1mg is a waste of time, because it blocks no more than what 1mg does....even if you took 20mg you would probably only block an extra 3-5% of DHT....

I used to take 1.25mg, but realised that I could take half of that, and I now break my fin in to eight pieces, instead of four, and take 0.625mg, that was 18 months ago and my hair is the same. Save yourself some cash.
Petch
Petch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down