Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Supplements to take alongside Finasteride? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Supplements to take alongside Finasteride? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Supplements to take alongside Finasteride? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Supplements to take alongside Finasteride? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Supplements to take alongside Finasteride? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Supplements to take alongside Finasteride? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Supplements to take alongside Finasteride? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Supplements to take alongside Finasteride? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Supplements to take alongside Finasteride? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Supplements to take alongside Finasteride?

4 posters

Go down

Supplements to take alongside Finasteride? Empty Supplements to take alongside Finasteride?

Post  finuser Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:08 am

Hi everyone!

I have found an older thread on the forum discussing ways to mitigate potential side effects from Finasteride. On that thread, CS recommended that, if we decided to go this route, we should also take ALA and ALCAR.

During the past 11 months, I have been taking Finasteride 2.5 mg twice a week, as per my dermatologist recommendation.

The results have been pretty good. My hair loss has stopped, and I have visible regrowth. The only downside has been some left nipple sensitivity. I have pre-exiting pubertal gynecomastia, but I feel that it has not progressed, at least visibly and I am not overly concerned with this. Aside from that, I have not had any sexual or mental side effects.

In addition to ALA and ALCAR, should I be taking additional supplements to repair any potential damage that Finasteride may do? Or just something for general health?

Thank you very much!

J

finuser

Back to top Go down

Supplements to take alongside Finasteride? Empty Re: Supplements to take alongside Finasteride?

Post  Sage 1 Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:44 am

Since you are inhaling prostate pills, and not for being sarcastic but if you don´t have prostate issues just stop using it.
The signs of reducing hair loss, is also a side effect of the drug.

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Supplements to take alongside Finasteride? Empty Re: Supplements to take alongside Finasteride?

Post  finuser Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:39 am

Sage 1 wrote:Since you are inhaling prostate pills, and not for being sarcastic but if you don´t have prostate issues just stop using it.
The signs of reducing hair loss, is also a side effect of the drug.

Wall of text ahead. Sorry.

Hi Mr. Sage.

First of all, I appreciate the hair regrowth advice you have given on this forum. I probably read your entire thread regarding juicing and the green-tea based topical. Congratulations on finding something that works for you. I think that it is great that you stick to your no-supplement, natural-only stance. Honest Smile

I am actually a long time lurker on this forum. Along the years, I probably tried a little bit of everything. Juicing, your green-tea/coconut topical (albeit not in a consistent way I admit), detumescence therapy, rubbing my hair with a towel, started and stopped the Immortal Hair top-6 regimen several times, Ray Peat-style eating. You name it, I probably tried it.

I am now in my early thirties, and still have a good amount of hair. Maybe due to my "attempts" to keep the hair along the years.

I was, and continue to be, a huge fan of Immortal Hair and his advice. I read his website and blog whenever something new is posted. I think he is an amazing source of information and an inspiration.

Probably if I had stayed on the IH top 6 for longer I would get better results, but it is an expensive regimen and somewhere along the way I felt that my hair was (slowly getting worse).

I am not fond of taking drugs to solve health issues but, in a last ditch effort, I went to a dermatologist. He said my hair was actually pretty good for my age, but the did confirm that I had androgenetic alopecia. Two weeks after starting Finasteride, my hair loss practically stopped. A few months after, I started seeing regrowth. So, even though I am aware that this drug is potentially very dangerous, it does seem to work well for me. And the confidence boost regarding my hair has been very welcome.

Keep in mind that I would of course prefer to go an all natural way. And I am aware that I may be jeopardising my health by using Finasteride, but hair is important for my self esteem, and the drug (for me) works very well.

So, for now, I would like to continue taking the drug, but any advice and regimen to mitigate any health issues would be of course very welcome.

Thank you so much!

J

finuser

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:13 am

Well it´s a good sign at least that you are looking for natural options.
The best simple advise i can give is that hair loss is a treatment, and therefore there is not or will never be a cure for it.

And i think you are smart enough to realize how the industry works, that natural remedies will never work since they cannot patent it, and therefore not proven.

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:05 am

Hi finuser, maybe you know of me from your lurking, I made a similar decision as yourself. I'm sorry to hear it reached that point, and years down the road I still question that decision I made during that dark period in my life. Stories about sides occurring upon stopping treatment and obviously, the resulting hair loss of quitting treatment, has me feeling locked in.

Anyway, go ahead and read the thread I made recently on DHT inhibition and google a bit on other reports of this same phenomenon. Fin seems to work wonderfully for 3-5 years for some men, but then the follicles seem to continue to increase in sensitivity until finasteride is no longer enough. So, I recommend taking advantage of this time you have to research hair loss, and begin developing a powerful natural regimen to use as an adjunct to your pharmaceutical.

To answer your question go with a zinc supplement for testosterone support. I use 30-60mg Zinc Picolinate daily. I believe this helps to counteract the possibility of feminizing sides.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  finuser Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:43 pm

Hey SonofOdin!

Thank you for your advice.

I do "know" you from my lurking Smile Even without actively posting, I have read and sympathised with many stories shared here. It is inspiring to know that other people, which may be in a similar situation to mine, are trying so many different things to improve their hair and their health. I just feel sorry that I could really find something that seems to work so well (or maybe quickly?) as this drug.

For what it's worth, my stack is this (may be useful for any future lurker here):

- ALCAR (500 mg) and ALA (250mg), taken with lunch
- Zinc (as per your recommendation) Aspartate 30mg (I have a ZMA bottle). I will take it before going to bed

Anyway, thank you again. I wish that everything works out fine.

Regards,
J

finuser

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:00 am

Good advice on the Zinc...and Magnesium helps too.

Vitamin D status is sometimes also overlooked. Just the IL-8 (Interleukin 8 ) inhibition alone
is intriguing enough to consider it. IL-8 attenuation is enough to shrink prostate tissue.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5406546/

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down