Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Immune system - question to the whole forum EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Immune system - question to the whole forum EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Immune system - question to the whole forum EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Immune system - question to the whole forum EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Immune system - question to the whole forum EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Immune system - question to the whole forum EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Immune system - question to the whole forum EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Immune system - question to the whole forum EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Immune system - question to the whole forum EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Immune system - question to the whole forum

+8
chapat
johnt
Socceroo
CausticSymmetry
Gibson
sublime9
nidhogge
Project: JS
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Immune system - question to the whole forum Empty Immune system - question to the whole forum

Post  Project: JS Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:05 am

It seems I am frequently getting sick - colds, coughs, pink eye.. its really frustrating. I probably come down with one or more of those, something like 8 times a year. I eat well (lots of vegetables & whole, non-processed meats, minimum carbs). I am currently taking everything on Immortal's supplement page, plus Maca & Ainterol PM. I workout a few days a week. Im not under undue stress right now.

Now I dont always get regular sleep. Also I feel I am somewhat allergic to milk - which I no longer consume. I also have allergies to dust, mold and pollen. Other than those things I feel like Im in good health.

Any ideas? Is there anything I could be doing to increase my Immune system..supplements, foods, behaviors? Im open to any and all ideas - please tell me what’s worked for you all.

Back to top Go down

Immune system - question to the whole forum Empty Re: Immune system - question to the whole forum

Post  nidhogge Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:46 am

JS--

NutraBio.com allows you to get a free supplement with every 100 bucks you purchase. I've accumulated a number of these Immune System Defense supplements that have garlic and a number of fungi in them that may work well for you. If you don't mind paying a few bucks for S&H, I'd gladly ship them over. I'd take it myself, except for that I never get sick so it sorta seems like a waste for me. Perhaps it'll give ya the boost that you need.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Immune system - question to the whole forum Empty Re: Immune system - question to the whole forum

Post  sublime9 Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:15 am

Sleep is the most important thing. I would say after that include garlic extract and a medicinal mushroom extract from new chapters. Those two things are going to strengthen your digestive tract and overall immune system, especially the medicinal mushrooms.

Best of luck.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:56 am

Nid - you the man. I just PM'd you.

Sublime9 - Very interesting about the medicinal mushrooms.. Ill def have to look into that. Thank you.

Btw, I just finished off two cloves of fresh garlic. Ouch! That was pretty rough.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:04 am

JS--

Don't rule out environmental factors. That's what I am dealing with these days. Actually on thurs. I'm seeing an allergist/immunologist. I know I am as strong as a horse; I am confident that there is some toxic mold in a bathroom vent, maybe elsewhere. I'm in a top floor apartment, and I've seen some water damage. By all means you should nurse yourself, but chronic swollen glands, cough, etc. is not normal, or acceptable.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:52 am

Project: JS - EGCG (from Green Tea) works for me, I never get sick. Also make sure you load up on Vitamin D regularly.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Socceroo Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:09 pm

I get sick a fair bit as well, even though I take green tea. It's my first year of teaching though so that might have something to do with it...and the hair loss Smile

Socceroo

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:15 am

Soccer--

Be sure that green tea is organic or you'll be ingesting a steady amount of lead! Smile

JS--

Another mention, the supplement I'll be shipping to you is loaded up with medicinal mushroom extracts as well. I also take a good Chinese Corcyceps Sinensis supplement for energy and endurance.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:33 am

I'm a strong believer in green tea for immune health. I take EGCG 400 mg per day upon IH's recommendation, and drink several cups of organic green tea every single day. I haven't been sick once since I started using this a year and a half ago.

I also think good quality Probiotics have been extremely beneficial.

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:54 am

Thank you everybody for your input! Yes I am a believer in green tea - I have been drinking it daily and taking the now brand EGCG IH had recommended. It definitely hasnt hurt, but at the same time it hasnt been the end solution I was hoping for either. Hmm, perhaps if I increase the EGCG dose to 2x a day..

Nid - Im a little worried about the lead content in green tea now!.. Ive been drinking non-organic lipton brand green tea, at least once-a-day. Heavy metal contamination is scary stuff! Im curious, is there any place to learn more about this?

Gibson - Thats interesting about environmental factors. Ive always heard that my home state of Maryland is one of the worst places to live for allergies. Not sure exactly why but apparently its bad news for allergy sufferers. Ive been thinking of saving up for an air purifier for my room for that exact reason.

Johnt - Yes thats a good call on the probiotics I think Im gonna have to order the probiotics that IH has been talking about -the one by Jarrow brand (thats also supposed to reduce your cravings) and see how that works.

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:10 am

Ok, I just looked all over the forum - even used the search function. I couldnt seem to find a link to the Jarrow brand (at least I believe that was the brand) probiotic that IH had been taking that was recommended to help stop carb cravings. IH - if you dont mind, can you repost that link please. Many thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:19 am

Last year I felt like I was getting sick a lot. Sometimes I would feel sick for a day they I would feel fine, then two days later I would feel sick again. I Had heavy metal poisoning. Since I have been on a detox plan it has really helped my immune system.

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:49 am

Project: JS - That Jarrow EPS product link is here:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=7006&at=0

It comes in smaller size also.

I take the EGCG twice per day.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:08 am

Excellent, thank you Immortal!

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:53 am

socceroo-
no doubt, getting sick is par for the course with teaching, especially young ones. I would chalk that up to being an environmental factor.

This is a green tea supp that is supposedly top-notch, but expensive. I know the owner of the company--I ran into him on the street the other day, and I am impressed by how much the product line has grown: the chi-tox tea looks interesting. i remember him pitching it a couple years ago. in any case, I can't offer a testimonial, but he is gathering endorsements, and the product's claims have been verified by labs. So here's the plug:

http://www.vivaherbals.com/chi-tea-green-tea.html

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Immune system - question to the whole forum Empty Since we're talking about the immune system...

Post  ganny Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:59 am

Just wanted to get a few opinions on something I'm dealing with now. I get maybe one annoying cold every few years, but mostly I just feel a little bit under the weather on occasion and it never really leads to an illness.

I suddenly was stricken with a very bad cough almost a month ago, very productive, green phlegm, etc. Over the last few weeks it's gotten much better, but I'm still coughing. My energy is fine, in fact, better than fine, but the fact that I'm still occasionally coming up with green phlegm--although its clear most of the time--concerns me. I'm about to take that trip to the doctor, because I fear I might have bronchitis or something, but I don't want to take antibiotics if I'm on the road to recovery. But since I've had the cough for almost a month I need to do something. I'm looking for something natural to get the last bit of infection out of my chest.

BTW, no fever.

Thanks!

Gan

ganny

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:31 pm

ganny - If it is an upper respiratory infection, that is one of the very few, if not only reason to use an anti-biotic.
Of course, always take a probiotic with it.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ganny Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:42 pm

Luckily I work at NBC so I can just go to the on site doctor to get checked out. Is there anything almost as good as antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection?

Makes me wonder what people did in the Old West when they got an ailment like this. Did they eventually just keel over and die? : ) I would imagine herbal remedies and folk cures helped to some degree.

You take the probiotics separately from the antibiotics right?

Gan

ganny

Back to top Go down

Post  Socceroo Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:18 pm

Yeah I drink the organic Green Tea from Aldi - its a lot weaker than the other ones I buy, but it tastes very fresh. Tea spoon of honey and a slice of lemon and it goes down a treat.

Socceroo

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:55 am

I totally want to get that Ultimate Green Tea as soon as I get some extra cash..gonna order 4 months worth for 90, good price IMO.

Ganny--

Garlic man, freshly cut up and minced. Chew it good, and swallow. I've been where you are before, got over it all with no help from a doc.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:07 pm

ganny - There are alternatives to antibiotics for upper respiratory infections, but as far as convenience goes, they are not as simple. These alternatives would be for example silver hydrosol (think collodial silver), IV Meyer's cocktail, which is in infusion of vitamin C, B-vitamins, Magnesium, etc. IV-Vitamin C increases white cell secretion of hydrogen peroxide, and this is the action. Photoluminescence would be another option, which gives a fast very burst of Vitamin D action in the blood steam.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:42 pm

IH - IV therapy seems incredible.. just did some research on it.. It is discussed here - http://www.gordonresearch.com/answers/meyers_cocktail.html in detail for example. Why is it not utilized more, as it seems like it could be very effective!

Also when you mention Photoluminescence Im guessing youre talking about UV treatment of the blood directly. This might be a ridiculous question but its worth asking - would it be helpful to visit a tanning bed to improve immunity. Or would the only improvement be a result of increased production of Vitamin D? Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:56 pm

Project: JS - The Meyer's cocktail is extremely effective. Most "complimentary physicians" offer it. Patients love it.
Mainstream hasn't much of a clue about it, and only use what they've been taught.

The tanning bed idea would work out in certain circumstances. The key is the type of UV they use and it gets complicated. Dr. Mercola has some good information on this--even offers your own home version. Try a search within the Mercola.com and you'll find some good info on this.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ganny Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:02 pm

Thanks for the great info, guys.

BTW, Does anyone know much about Hydrogen Peroxide Drips? I did ten of them years ago because an alternative practitioner--and former surgeion--Dr. Majid Ali felt I needed to clean up my blood a bit. He's written several books, and is an authority on supplements and energy medicine. I did the ten sessions but never had my blood scoped afterwards, which kind of annoyed me, because you'd think he'd want to see the results. They didn't take insurance (not surprisingly) and while I thought some of the literature and ideas they espoused were good, they were sucking the money out of my wallet.

I was feeling really sluggish at the time. Turns out I was eating way too much soy (vegan girlfriend) and it was packing a wallop. Once I went back to my beef and poultry I felt 100% better!

Gan

ganny

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:42 pm

ganny - Your story sounds similar to mine. A long time ago, I have the vegetarianism a try, plus the soy. I had no energy, once I went back on the meat, I was way better. Of course, there are many who can handle the vegan and soy just fine.

Hydrogen peroxide IV is very hard to fine, with no thanks to the FDA. But it is very effective for blood sepsis and other dangerous infections.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next