Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Buying beta-sitosterol EmptyToday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Buying beta-sitosterol EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Buying beta-sitosterol EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Buying beta-sitosterol EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Buying beta-sitosterol EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Buying beta-sitosterol EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Buying beta-sitosterol EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Buying beta-sitosterol EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Buying beta-sitosterol EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Buying beta-sitosterol

+8
crincrin
tooyoung
blueway
sneha123
CausticSymmetry
misterE
Hoppipolla
Lambaugh
12 posters

Go down

Buying beta-sitosterol Empty Buying beta-sitosterol

Post  Lambaugh Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:27 am

Hi

If I have to buy beta-sitosterol pills (currently I am getting it through avocados and avocado oil), which pills and dosage do you recommend?

http://www.iherb.com/Beta-Sitosterol

Best,
Jim.

Lambaugh

Back to top Go down

Buying beta-sitosterol Empty Re: Buying beta-sitosterol

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:52 am

Erm, probably doesn't make the world of difference which brand, I got Swanson's but only because they were the cheapest! Smile

I was on about 375mg every 1-2 days. I'm not sure how much it helped (wasn't on it long enough to tell really), I would certainly go for Densiti first.. were you going to do that too?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:44 am

Lambaugh wrote:Hi

If I have to buy beta-sitosterol pills (currently I am getting it through avocados and avocado oil), which pills and dosage do you recommend?

Source Naturals, Mega Strength Beta Sitosterol, 375 mg, 120 Tablets. That is the one I take and it is good. I take one a day right before a meal.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Lambaugh Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:21 am

Hoppi: No, I would very much like to hear from other people first whether Densiti is good or not. It does not seem that popular (yet?). How come you stopped taking BS?

misterE: Thanks. Would it be wise to start out with ~187,5 mg/day for the first few weeks?

Lambaugh

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:25 am

Lambaugh - I'm not misterE of course, but I started using beta-sitosterol for several years quite a while ago. I no longer use this, however it is very useful if you're still on the young side. I would suggest splitting those Mega Beta Sitosterol tablets so that you're taking around 100 mgs, perhaps twice per day (before or during meals).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:24 am

Lambaugh wrote:Hoppi: No, I would very much like to hear from other people first whether Densiti is good or not. It does not seem that popular (yet?). How come you stopped taking BS?

erm, varying reasons really. At the moment I think my body is still a bit sore from Fin so I'm giving myself time to recover fully. Plus I do have my eye on collagen still as my hair loss trigger, so DHT doesn't feel that important to me atm.

So, I'm right in saying beta-sit inhibits type 2 5ar right? There seems to be a bit of mixed info about this. I know that things like borage oil inhibit type 2 and EGCG inhibits type 1, but b-S I was never totally sure.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lambaugh Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:26 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Lambaugh - I'm not misterE of course, but I started using beta-sitosterol for several years quite a while ago. I no longer use this, however it is very useful if you're still on the young side. I would suggest splitting those Mega Beta Sitosterol tablets so that you're taking around 100 mgs, perhaps twice per day (before or during meals).

Hi CS

Yout input is very much appreciated. I'm 23, so I guess that qualifies as being on the young side. I'll follow your suggestion, thanks.

Lambaugh

Back to top Go down

Post  sneha123 Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:57 pm

Hello sir,,,,,,I thought,,,it varying reasons really. At the moment I think my body is still a bit sore from Fin so I'm giving myself time to recover fully. Plus I do have my eye on collagen still as my hair loss trigger, so DHT doesn't feel that important to me atm...So, I'm right in saying beta-sit inhibits type 2 5ar right? There seems to be a bit of mixed info about this. I know that things like borage oil inhibit type 2 and EGCG inhibits type 1, but b-S I was never totally sure......i like it........Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,
Mad

sneha123

Back to top Go down

Post  blueway Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:40 pm

misterE wrote:
Lambaugh wrote:Hi

Source Naturals, Mega Strength Beta Sitosterol, 375 mg, 120 Tablets. That is the one I take and it is good. I take one a day right before a meal.

My cholesterol completely disappear with this stuff, bad in long term.

blueway

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:19 pm

"The effects of beta-sitosterol on fertility, epididymal sperm counts and testicular and accessory reproductive organ weights were evaluated in male albino rats. The effects were studied at two dosages (0.5 and 5 mg/kg per day rat subcutaneously) for 16, 32 and 48 days. The antifertility effect of beta-sitosterol was pronounced only at the high dose level, but there was a significant decrease in testicular weight and sperm concentrations after long-term treatment with the low dose of beta-sitosterol. The weights of all accessory sex tissues except caput epididymis increased following low dose sitosterol treatment. High dose treatment reduced the sperm concentrations as well as the weights of testis and accessory sex tissues in a time-dependent manner. Withdrawal of treatment for 30 days restored only the weights of accessory sex tissues to near normal conditions."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1809820

Thats why I don't feel like using beta sit anymore, CS, is this legit?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:10 am

A 5 alpha reductase inhibitor by any other name...

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:32 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Lambaugh - I'm not misterE of course, but I started using beta-sitosterol for several years quite a while ago. I no longer use this, however it is very useful if you're still on the young side. I would suggest splitting those Mega Beta Sitosterol tablets so that you're taking around 100 mgs, perhaps twice per day (before or during meals).

What are healthy alternatives for keeping DHT in check? I'm in the early twentys but thanks to your regimen my hairloss is pretty slow/non-agressive.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  jmoss1982 Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:40 am

Would anyone like to chime in regards to using BS (ha ha) topically?

jmoss1982

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:17 am

pancake's question is legit.

Without resorting to finasteride, what are viable DHT blockers for young balders?

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:28 am

Lambaugh wrote:Hoppi: No, I would very much like to hear from other people first whether Densiti is good or not. It does not seem that popular (yet?). How come you stopped taking BS?

misterE: Thanks. Would it be wise to start out with ~187,5 mg/day for the first few weeks?

The Densiti program will supposedly modify the profile of your intestinal microflora, allowing for the synthesis of equol from soy isoflavones. The program involves including yogurt (for the probiotics), green tea extract (EGCG), and soymilk (for the isoflavones). I've read studies showing that dietary consumption of green tea and vegetarianism make a person more likely to be an equol producer. I've read another study, however, showing that consuming probiotics such as those found in yogurt does not change equol-producing status.

In my opinion, you're better off drinking some green tea and yogurt along with some fermented soy products (tempeh, natto, or miso). That's pretty much what you would be doing by paying to participate in the program anyway.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down