Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Help Needed Especially from CS & Others who have used/using Beta Sitosterol 375 Mg EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Help Needed Especially from CS & Others who have used/using Beta Sitosterol 375 Mg EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Help Needed Especially from CS & Others who have used/using Beta Sitosterol 375 Mg EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Help Needed Especially from CS & Others who have used/using Beta Sitosterol 375 Mg EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Help Needed Especially from CS & Others who have used/using Beta Sitosterol 375 Mg EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Help Needed Especially from CS & Others who have used/using Beta Sitosterol 375 Mg EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Help Needed Especially from CS & Others who have used/using Beta Sitosterol 375 Mg EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Help Needed Especially from CS & Others who have used/using Beta Sitosterol 375 Mg EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Help Needed Especially from CS & Others who have used/using Beta Sitosterol 375 Mg EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Help Needed Especially from CS & Others who have used/using Beta Sitosterol 375 Mg

+2
CausticSymmetry
Jimmy
6 posters

Go down

Help Needed Especially from CS & Others who have used/using Beta Sitosterol 375 Mg Empty Help Needed Especially from CS & Others who have used/using Beta Sitosterol 375 Mg

Post  Jimmy Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:59 am

Hola Guys

A new Poster and I have just joined ur site , well i am having a serious confusion , so i Request CS to pls help me on this , As i beleive after reading a few posts that He had used Beta sitosterol himself , and as an expert can advise me also.

I have been taking Beta sitosterol 375 MG (Having Phytosterols of 937 Mg per Tablet) Every day 1 tablet since the past 3 years everyday without skipping , I get my Tablets from "Source Naturals" , Now I am seriously nervous after reading many Reports on the inet that Long Term use of Beta Sitosterol /"Phytosterols" , and some reports suggesting that they can Lead to Plague Build up in the Arteries hence Leading to a Heart Attack , when used for Long enough , and can Lower Cholestrol Levels ( Including HDL ) to "Dangerously Low Levels " ,
I seek the help of fellow Boarders who have been using this Beta sitosterol 375 MG , to help me asses wheter the above is true and shud i Dis-continue it ? Pls anyone using it since Long , with my type of dosage , inform me regarding its safety .

Rgds
Jimmy

Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Help Needed Especially from CS & Others who have used/using Beta Sitosterol 375 Mg Empty Re: Help Needed Especially from CS & Others who have used/using Beta Sitosterol 375 Mg

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:12 am

Jimmy - That does is too much. If you decide to continue using it, would instead using 50 milligrams to 100 milligrams (depending on body weight).

Keep in mind that Beta Sitosterol may only be effective for those who are still young (the mid-20's and under).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Help Needed Especially from CS & Others who have used/using Beta Sitosterol 375 Mg Empty Re: Help Needed Especially from CS & Others who have used/using Beta Sitosterol 375 Mg

Post  FireFist Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:10 am

CS

How come its effective for those in their 20's?
Also, is it true that there are loads of BetaSis in avocados?
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  p87p Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:48 am

FireFist wrote:CS

How come its effective for those in their 20's?
Also, is it true that there are loads of BetaSis in avocados?

there's about 80-100mg of betasis in an avocoado depending on its size..

CS, would you say that eating an avocado every day can be beneficial for someone in their mid 20's. any sides? would the effect be similar to fin?

p87p

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:56 am

I would say an avacado a day would probably be beneficial. At a low dose you're unlikely to experience many sides, the effect would be similar, but much, much milder I think. Unlikely to see finasteride like results on beta sit alone. Financially it makes more sense to buy a beta sit supp and cut them down to 100mg doses or so.

A guy called Widows peak a while back got pretty good results and based the success on beta sit, give him a Google.

http://hairregrowth.blogspot.com/

He took 225mg of beta sit per day and ate a lot of avacados, so could have had around 500mg per day, plus it took him around 3 years to get results. There's probably better alternatives to beta sit.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:31 pm

I've searched all over the place for documentation about the 5AR-inhibitory effects of beta-sitosterol and other studies about its effects on hair loss. I've actually found no scientific documents showing that it inhibits 5AR, and I've only found one study in which subjects took a beta-sitosterol supplement. After the supplementation period, there was a subjective evaluation of their hair, and 6 out of 10 were evaluated to show improvement. Not particularly scientific, if you ask me.

Can someone explain (and prove) to me the physiological effects of beta-sitosterol with regard to hair loss?

-MP
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Help Needed Especially from CS & Others who have used/using Beta Sitosterol 375 Mg Empty CS help please and also fellow posters

Post  Jimmy Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:34 pm

well CS according to Windows Peak , he used upto 400 MG Beta Sitosterol for more than 5 years continuously without sides , i just wanna confirm that using source naturals beta sitosterol 375 MG per day is safe? for long term ? and will it really clog my arteries with the Plant Fat ( Sterols ) and lead to a Heart Condition in later Life? u were heard using the Beta sitosterol for many many Years as i read ur posts , did u ever think its Harmful to ur heart Health, how many years were u on Beta s supplements ?

regards

Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down