Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Celery Seed great for .. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Celery Seed great for .. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Celery Seed great for .. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Celery Seed great for .. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Celery Seed great for .. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Celery Seed great for .. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Celery Seed great for .. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Celery Seed great for .. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Celery Seed great for .. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Celery Seed great for ..

5 posters

Go down

Celery Seed great for .. Empty Celery Seed great for ..

Post  NrwgnKID Tue May 25, 2010 2:29 am

..itchiness. I have experimented a little bit with staying off parts of my regimen to see what works the best for itchiness.. and it turns out celery seed does this the best for me.

Anyone had similiar experiences ?

I wonder why celery seed works so good for me though.... uric acid ?

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Celery Seed great for .. Empty Re: Celery Seed great for ..

Post  ubraj Tue May 25, 2010 3:20 am

Similiar experience for me too but at 4 caps per day of the Natural Factors and not with fewer caps or with the other cheaper brand called Nature's Herbs.

I believe one of the benefits why it "eliminates" the itch is aldosterone as it appears I can pretty much recreate the benefits of celery seed extract with potassium/magnesium and lowered salt intake.

In short, if I ever ate gluten or other foods I'm sensitive to that cases the itch, I would be taking celery seed extract if I couldn't consume Bragg's apple cider vinegar or lemon water and lowered salt intake, detox lead, etc..

hope this helps

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Tue May 25, 2010 3:45 am

Thanks for the response Jdp. When it comes to aldosterone, I have actually below normal levels.. at least thats what my blood test showed. I dont know if the reduce in itching is caused by something else in my case..

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue May 25, 2010 4:21 am

I've been taking celery seed extract since we first began discussing it on the forum. I really like it a lot. I find that the cheaper stuff does work for me (Nature's Herbs), although as jdp710 has pointed out on many occassions, Natural Factors does work better.

In my case, two of the cheaper version (Nature's Herbs) will work for me, although I've been alternating with both brands and experimenting with different dosages. I basically increase the number of capsules I take depending on what it is that I eat. The more damaging the meal I eat, the more of the celery seed extract I will take.

This last weekend, I took three of the cheaper stuff, and ate some French Toast--something I do not normally eat (but these we really good!). Despite that I had a pretty good amount of blood flow to "you know where" an hour after that meal. It really speaks for the effects of this supplement.

When sweets (sugar or high fructose corn syrup is consumed), uric acid increases, and that can have an impact on aldosterone levels. Celery seed extract clears out uric acid, and stimulates NO (nitric oxide) and lowers blood sugar all at the same time.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue May 25, 2010 5:04 am

Hey NrwgnKID,

CS brought up a great point about celery seed extract in that it's very potent in raising nitric oxide levels. If you don't suffer from hyperaldosterone, then maybe NO is the route to reduced itch for you. I dunno. Just a thought.

Here is a study regarding nitric oxide

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-f1/nitric-oxide-regulates-vascular-calcification-by-interfering-with-tgf-signalling-t2402.htm

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Tue May 25, 2010 6:30 am

Thanks both of you guys !

About NO, that is actually very interesting, considering the fact that I have a family history of heart & coronary disease and aggressive vertex balding. I will difinately look into this further ! Are there any other supps that I can take to test the hypothesis? (Other supps. that boost NO)

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue May 25, 2010 6:57 am

ecklonia cava would be one.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Tue May 25, 2010 9:12 am

Unfortunately, EC is out of reach for me.

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Tue May 25, 2010 1:02 pm

Celery Seed is amazing. Occasionally if my Mom gets in an argument with my Dad her blood pressure levels rise to the danger zone and 6 months ago she had to be rushed to the hospital because of this. Last week her blood pressure rose really high and I told her to try 1 capsule of the Natural Factors Celery seed. Within moments my Mom said she felt better and she had never tried anything that worked so well.
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  bryce54 Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:41 am

Found this thread on google.. does anyone know if celery lowers your DHT levels? or what the exact mechanisms are taking place which allows it stop the hair itchiness? this would be beyond useful and extremely enlightening information in my case that i would have extreme gratitude for if someone could inform me of. is it actually the increase NO STOPPING it? so NO is GOOD for stopping hair loss? Ugh.. my case is so confusing.

i'm actually trying to make my hair fall out via natural foods because since i took propecia, my body is stuck in a loop where my hair won't fall out and my penis is cmopletely screwed up.

i have been noticing recently worse symtpoms and i found i had been adding celery everyday, and i think it may be the culprit. my hair is't falling out and based on what you guys are saying here that it stops itchiness, it may be bad for me to take it since i'm guessing that directly relates to DHT... so happy i found this thread.

this community is beyond the most amazing thing i have found online. even though i'm here for completely opposite reasons, all the data has been beyond anything else i've found onlien.. i've been trying to figure out this nutritional stuff regarding hair for the past 4 months completely on my own.. this is like a godsend community.
bryce54
bryce54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down