Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Did the top 6 work for you?

+10
Silverlin
gbp2000
Jocko59
The Natural
Paradox
scottyc33
KAPTUNKRUNK
HairSeeker
CausticSymmetry
Hoppipolla
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What happened when you went on the top 6 (for at least 3 months)?

Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 5 ]
Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 5 ]
Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]
Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 18

Did the top 6 work for you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did the top 6 work for you?

Post  HairSeeker Mon May 24, 2010 4:06 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:HairSeeker - If all the basic tenants are covered, stopping hair loss is far greater than drug 'therapy.'

CS. Of course I would prefer the natural route. I have stopped Propecia several times now due to sides. My fear of losing my hair has always driven me back to starting up again. Propecia produced great results for many years, but slowly slowed. That's when I started to search for a natural substitute and found your site. I also believe that finding the root cause should be the goal. So, please don't misunderstand my comments. Your top six and advice have helped with regard to my health, just not my hair, at least not yet. I have never managed to completely abstain from alcohol for more than two months during the last ten years. Every time I have drinks (five or six) I shed for a couple of weeks. So, this time I have decided to give up alcohol completely. Only time will tell, but I believe this may save my hair.

Thank you for your advice and help.

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon May 24, 2010 4:13 pm

HairSeeker - You touched on a very important point that hasn't been discussed enough in this forum--the alcohol factor.

Maybe this topic deserves a separate thread, but more and more I have been noticing a connection with alcohol and hair loss.

97% of all alcoholics for instance are hypoglycemic. Of course, just dabbling in alcohol occasionally is enough to cause problems.

One thing that also deserve attention is beer. I recently learned that virtually all beer in the USA and Europe is made with hops. This used to not be the case, but hops is very estrogenic.

Alcohol is definitely fuel for yeast, fungus (it's ultra mycotoxic), it is essentially fuel for hair loss.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue May 25, 2010 2:57 am

Alcohol and stress seem to be the main two that people always acknowledge as being detrimental for hair, particularly in men prone to MPB. Shame really as I really don't wanna give up going out and getting drunk! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Tue May 25, 2010 4:41 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:HairSeeker - You touched on a very important point that hasn't been discussed enough in this forum--the alcohol factor.

Maybe this topic deserves a separate thread, but more and more I have been noticing a connection with alcohol and hair loss.

97% of all alcoholics for instance are hypoglycemic. Of course, just dabbling in alcohol occasionally is enough to cause problems.

One thing that also deserve attention is beer. I recently learned that virtually all beer in the USA and Europe is made with hops. This used to not be the case, but hops is very estrogenic.

Alcohol is definitely fuel for yeast, fungus (it's ultra mycotoxic), it is essentially fuel for hair loss.

I’ve read that over indulging in alcohol temporarily increases estrogen levels, which would explain why most drinkers develop belly fat.
What are your thoughts on DHT suppression in men that are in their 40s? Is this still a concern for us, given that our T levels are a bit lower? What type of protocol do you recommend for men in this age range? Should we continue controlling DHT levels, or focus on balancing testosterone/ estrogen, reducing inflammation, improving circulation, insulin levels and digestive health? I’ve noticed that in my case, controlling DHT does improve my hair over time, but at a high price. Hair quality and density slowly improved over a 12 month period last year. The problem, again in my case, is an increase in shedding cycles. When I do not suppress DHT I have fewer sheds.
Thanks again for the advice.

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2