Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Jojoba Oil EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Jojoba Oil EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Jojoba Oil EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Jojoba Oil EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Jojoba Oil EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Jojoba Oil EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Jojoba Oil EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Jojoba Oil EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Jojoba Oil EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Jojoba Oil

5 posters

Go down

Jojoba Oil Empty Jojoba Oil

Post  FW2000 Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:57 am

Anyone ever try applying jojoba oil to the scalp? Below is an article I found on the internet about jojoba oil an hair loss.

Jojoba Oil Benefits for Hair
Our hair is often subject to abuse. When going to the salon to have the hair styled, permed, cut or colored, the hair strands are exposed to harsh chemicals which may damage your hair in the long run. Over-the-counter beauty shampoos, conditioners, styling gels and other hair products may also leave the hair dry, brittle and damaged. Even the simple act of combing or blow drying can lead to hair breakage and damage.

To restore the natural texture, glow and luster of your hair, you can use deep conditioning products to minimize the damage caused by styling and harsh hair products. You can also have your hair regularly treated in the salon – but this could put a slight dent in your budget. If you want to restore the health of you hair in a natural and inexpensive way, you can make use of natural oils which bring a lot of benefits to treating coarse, frizzy or damaged hair. You may not want to apply the oil directly to your hair because it may look greasy and will easily attract dirt, but if the natural oils are incorporated in a hair product like shampoo or conditioner, then you will be able to put the glow back to your limp hair.

Just like our skin, the scalp also needs to be moisturized. When the skin is dry you can see visible wrinkles. The same thing happens when the scalp is dry – excessive skin develops in the affected area, causing itchy flakes to appear. The scalp is quite sensitive and it produces sebum where the hair follicles are implanted, which is the reason why the scalp needs extra care.

For healthy skin and hair, Jojoba Oil is found to be an ideal moisturizer and conditioner which is derived from a natural plant. Jojoba oil is produced from a desert plant called Simmondsia Chinensis. Its oil is highly regarded as an effective conditioner, moisturizer, cleanser and softener for the skin and hair.

Jojoba oil brings the following benefits:

1. Moisturizes the scalp. Using Jojoba oil and massaging it directly onto the scalp will not only relax you but it also moisturizes the scalp itself while treating your hair with an intense conditioning.

2. Develops new hair cell growth. Dry hair can lead to hair damage or hair loss. The application of Jojoba oil will counteract this symptom, allowing the growth of new hair cells.

3. Jojoba oil is non-greasy, colorless and odorless. While application of oils directly on the hair can be very obvious from afar, using Jojoba oil is non-greasy and unnoticeable.

4. Jojoba oil is not irritating to the skin if applied to dry, itchy and sore scalp. Our scalp is sensitive when it is dry and applying Jojoba oil and then rinsing your scalp with clean water is one way of treating this scalp condition.

5. Antibacterial. Jojoba oil is used for treating sores, cuts, bruises and burns and helps heal scars.

6. Jojoba oil allows the flow of sebum in plugged-up pores. This promotes a healthy scalp and hair by replicating the sebum oil secreted by human sebaceous glands.

7. Jojoba oil conditions your hair and prevents it from being brittle and dull.

8. If there is too much sebum found on the scalp, Jojoba oil can dissolve and take out the sebum, allowing the hair to be cleansed.

9. It is used widely as a primary ingredient in hair shampoos and conditioners.

With these benefits and more, using Jojoba oil will definitely bring back the shine, luster, and natural beauty of your hair in an inexpensive and natural way. When combined with emu oil and primrose oil we have found an amazing healing hair oil. Try Emu Hair Products, Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Oil.

FW2000

Back to top Go down

Jojoba Oil Empty Did it work for you?

Post  Annie3 Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:22 pm

It's been awhile since your post so I'm wondering if you've benefited from the jojoba oil.

Annie3

Back to top Go down

Jojoba Oil Empty Re: Jojoba Oil

Post  FW2000 Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:14 am

Annie3,

The Jojoba oil has helped improve the Seborrheic dermatitis on both my face and scalp (I apply it at night before I go to bed). However, I have not seen any hair regrowth on my scalp.

FW2000

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:51 pm

in my experience, jojoba seems to be absorbed better.. i say this because it is less sticky and easier to wash off making me think it was absorbed better compared to when I used olive oil.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  missymoo Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:34 pm

I was planning on buying some jojoba as a carrier and other oils and in my research I found this article that says oleic acid is bad for seborrheic dermatitis (http://www.nature.com/jidsp/journal/v10/n3/full/5640230a.html).

Then of course I saw that it was commissioned by P&G and thought, aha! Head and Shoulders sales must be slipping.

So glad I found this thread, will be ordering some jojoba shortly!

Anyone else use it, especially with other oils?

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  ppm Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:37 am

To be precise, jojoba "oil" is rather a liquide wax..

I'd rather try squalene; squalene is a natural component of human skin oil; with age the amount of squalene in the skin drops of..
As an example I've found this squalene product on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/IQ-Natural-Squalene-Derived-Hydration/dp/B004QDJD82

ppm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down