Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What can I add to my Azelaic Acid? EmptyToday at 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
What can I add to my Azelaic Acid? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
What can I add to my Azelaic Acid? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
What can I add to my Azelaic Acid? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
What can I add to my Azelaic Acid? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
What can I add to my Azelaic Acid? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
What can I add to my Azelaic Acid? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What can I add to my Azelaic Acid? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
What can I add to my Azelaic Acid? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What can I add to my Azelaic Acid?

2 posters

Go down

What can I add to my Azelaic Acid? Empty What can I add to my Azelaic Acid?

Post  Paradox Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:48 pm

I don't use zix, but I have instinctively stuck with AA because I feel that it helps with inflammation, possibly because it kills bacteria and mites? I just notice that my head doesn't itch at night when I put it on, and its easy to soak my whole head in it and not have any lingering odors, texture, or color difference.

I recently have gotten more into the demodex factor, after a nasty outbreak of folliculitis that required oral antibiotics, and I picked up some tea tree oil which seemed to work wonders. I like the feeling of the tea tree oil, and I dripped some straight on my head right after the AA this morning. It felt great. My question is if I can add tea tree oil to my existing AA (made following the zix creator's instructions- sorry, I can't remember his name right now). I know that oil and water don't mix, but what about the alcohol? My other concern is if the AA and tea tree oil would "coexist" without rendering one or both impotent. If I cannot keep them mixed, then does anyone see them interfering with each other if I put them on back to back and they mix on my scalp as I rub it in? And finally... What would be your number one pick to throw into a bottle of AA that would work on the mixing and hairloss levels (not minoxidil)?

Thanks

Paradox

Back to top Go down

What can I add to my Azelaic Acid? Empty Re: What can I add to my Azelaic Acid?

Post  Gibson Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:09 am

I use AA, as well. However, i am using a cream-based lotion called Finacea which is RX only. Similarly, as well, I use an essential oil: lavender. Regarding application, I think it is best to apply the oil to a dry scalp, whereas I put the cream on while my scalp is damp. In other words, I would wait until your scalp and hair are dry, then finish with the oil. I find that this provides the best cosmetic result.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:43 am

Gibson wrote:I use AA, as well. However, i am using a cream-based lotion called Finacea which is RX only. Similarly, as well, I use an essential oil: lavender. Regarding application, I think it is best to apply the oil to a dry scalp, whereas I put the cream on while my scalp is damp. In other words, I would wait until your scalp and hair are dry, then finish with the oil. I find that this provides the best cosmetic result.

Thanks Gibson. The reason that I use the alcohol/H20 solution is because I am pretty low on the norwood scale due to years of poisonous propecia and avodart ingestion! I have a pretty full head of hair, but my main problem is receeding; so I can't get a lotion to my scalp all over; I'm forced to soak my head with liquid to reach the scalp. This is why I couldn't just put oil straight on my head dry. It would just end up in my hair, and I'm trying to get complete scalp coverage. So I guess my main question now is: Is it ok to mix the oil with the AA by applying it separately but directly after, or should I apply the oil by itself to a damp scalp and use the AA at night or at another time? Will they conflict and render one or the other useless if they mix? I suppose know one would know for sure unless they were an expert in chemistry? I just imagine that acid would destroy the benefits of the oil by changing the ph or something.

Thanks

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:41 am

JH--
Fortunately, I have the same problem. That's why for a lotion, my scalp and hair must be wet; then i can massage it into my scalp. In my case, I am applying the oil to my hair as well. I guess your soaking method is more thorough, but that isn't an option with the products I use. Where do you get your AA?

Azaleic Acid and tea tree oil are two ingredients that are often mixed with other ingredients. I'm pretty sure AA isn't easily compromised. Tea tree oil certainly isn't. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it much. But that's just a guess.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:43 am

Gibson wrote:JH--
Fortunately, I have the same problem. That's why for a lotion, my scalp and hair must be wet; then i can massage it into my scalp. In my case, I am applying the oil to my hair as well. I guess your soaking method is more thorough, but that isn't an option with the products I use. Where do you get your AA?

I have had the bottle for years. I ordered it from the place that Joe has (or had) on his website. Joe is the ZIX creator. I just used up the last of it in fact, so I need to go back there and find the link. A google search would probably turn something up too.

Gibson wrote:
Azaleic Acid and tea tree oil are two ingredients that are often mixed with other ingredients. I'm pretty sure AA isn't easily compromised. Tea tree oil certainly isn't. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it much. But that's just a guess.

What products are you basing this observation from out of curiosity?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:47 pm

www.min.com

there are a few shampoos there with azaleic acid as an ingredient. Dr. Lee combines it with minox. I am not too familiar with zix, other than by name, but isn't that a combo, as well.

Tea Tree oil is in everything from shampoos to toothpaste, to sunblock; there are so many products with it.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:07 pm

For those interested in ordering AA without a script, according to that Zix site, the FDA has clamped down. Thus, JH, the link for a supplier has been removed from his site. Google turned up nada, but I only checked a few pages.

http://www.qdbd.com/hair_loss_treatment_34.htm

I was curious about the bulk flakes because I wanted to try it in a shampoo. The Min shampoos I dislike because they contain zinc, which topically irritates my skin.

Having used both Azalex cream and Finacea gel, even though Finacea is 15 percent and Azalex is 20 percent azeleic acid, the Finacea is considerably better IMO.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:28 am

Gibson wrote:www.min.com

there are a few shampoos there with azaleic acid as an ingredient. Dr. Lee combines it with minox. I am not too familiar with zix, other than by name, but isn't that a combo, as well.

Tea Tree oil is in everything from shampoos to toothpaste, to sunblock; there are so many products with it.

Oh, I thought you were talking about products that had both ingredients in them. Yea I just bought a tea tree face wash, and I've been dropping a couple drops of the pure oil on my toothbrush before I put regular toothpaste on. My moth has never felt so clean!

Zix is just elemental Zinc and B6 in distilled water. There is a study that shows that it inhibits DHT by a huge percent in vitro, and that AA is synergistic, bringing it to 99% inhibition or something. I'm sure Joe has the link on his ZIX site. I used them both for a while but not without dutasteride. OverMachoGrande (the laser guy) on Regrowth.com says that Joe's latest formulation; "super zix II" was the best agent he's used for hair loss. He doesn't take prop/dut.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down