Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hairloss & .... (possible connections) EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Hairloss & .... (possible connections) EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Hairloss & .... (possible connections) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Hairloss & .... (possible connections) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Hairloss & .... (possible connections) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Hairloss & .... (possible connections) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Hairloss & .... (possible connections) EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Hairloss & .... (possible connections) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Hairloss & .... (possible connections) EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hairloss & .... (possible connections)

+19
abc123
tooyoung
phoenix21
Nocturnalhorse
rofl
Whip
CausticSymmetry
Gibson
NrwgnKID
TheOne
Crusher
hadrion
KAPTUNKRUNK
kijumn
Amaranthaceae
Decro435
johnt
blackjack
Prague
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hairloss & .... (possible connections) Empty Hairloss & .... (possible connections)

Post  Prague Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:22 am

Some time ago i got really obsessed with my hair. I started to observe NW0 comparing to bald guys and tried to make a list of possible corellations, connections; i observed what they buy, eat, drink, do, how often, what they never do, how they look like, etc. The list is far from being exhaustive and is surely full of false connections but still it migh be interesting to share with you

Balding guys usually:
eat sugar
eat cereals, cakes, patisserie
prefere endurance excercises (no heavy lifts)
have tiny legs (comparing to the rest of the body)
hate doing squats/deadlifts
dislike animal fat/cholesterol
sweat more
wear glasses more often
have a belly
eat more often
like beer and drink loads of it
love milk, milk&sugar combination
masturbate more
are more often depressed, shy, calm
head in clouds
day dreamers
masturbate in the evening
less enthousiastic
less social
often tired
sleep more in the moorning
awake at night
are very horny
prefer lean chicken to fatty beef
do not like fish
prefer dessert to cheese
weak bones
are more intelligent
have oftet milia around their eyes
their scalp is sweaty, thin, hard
weak neck
thin skin on their neck
their body hair tend to form islands (not spread all around but high concentrations at some places, for example they have more hair at the back of the thigs than front)
can't handle temperature changes
woldn't eat meat alone
passive
think a lot

NW0
love meat
have stronger legs
do not mind heavy exercises
do not like fruits
drink wine, drink beer but not much
eat less often
wouldn't eat sweet with alcohol
masturbate less
masturbate in the moorning preferably
drink black tea
sometimes drink loads of coffee with no food during the day
do no care about their diet, just listen to the body
do not like milk
prefere vegetables to fruit
smoke many cigarettes
put more salt/pepper/chilli on meals
wake up fresh
do not mind eating liver, kidneys, brain, skin, etc
prefer fatty beef to lean chicken
love fish
prefer cheese (fatty) to desserts
have stronger bones
their scalp is strong, ellastic
have strong necks with strong skin
their body hair is spread around the body in a moreless homogenic manner (not islands)
active

it's far from being all, add some more please and comment

Prague

Back to top Go down

Hairloss & .... (possible connections) Empty Re: Hairloss & .... (possible connections)

Post  blackjack Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:27 am

but even so the genetic factor is still the most powerful influence.

I'm sure there are some men who are bald that eat very healthy and avoid most of what you said though.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Hairloss & .... (possible connections) Empty Re: Hairloss & .... (possible connections)

Post  johnt Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:46 am

I find that whenever I'm walking through the food court (ie, a McDonalds, a pizza place, a taco bell, a fast food chinese joint, etc) near where I work at lunch time I look around and most of the guys eating there every day are bald and fat. Alot of these guys also skip breakfast at home and pick up a can of Mtn Dew and big donut on the way in for breakfast and stop at the vending machine for their candy after lunch -- in other words, I notice the strongest correlation between balding men and high sugar, highly processed foods day in and day out. In contrast, the majority of the guys who work out at the gym where I do almost everyday all look the healthiest and virtually all have nice heads of hair.

The bottom line is - with the exercise and diet connection I think insulin resistance is a huge factor. Also as Prague pointed out, I do see bald, out of shape guys at the gym, but they are nearly always the guys who I can tell have gotten fat and have eaten terrible diets most of their lives and are now doing tons of cardio in an attempt to ward off whatever degenerative diseases they are susceptible of, and which in all likelihood are the reason their doctors scared them into start "working out" in the first place.

Oh, also the beer drinkers -- the guys who habitually hit the pubs after work for their daily 3 or 4 pints of beer are almost all bald EXCEPT for the few who have thick to-die-for hair. I point this out because it is those who can do almost anything and never lose a hair, whereas those who are the least bit susceptible to hairloss do lose it in an obviously expedited way due to their habitual beer drinking (which almost always goes along with crappy food choices as well).

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:53 am

Balding guys:

Higher reponse of androgen receptors to circulating androgens.

NW0:

Weak predisposition/sensitivity of hair follicles to circulating androgens.

I expect that these are the most important differences between the two catagories.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:56 am

If androgen sensitivity was the primary factor in frontal thinning and recession of temples, it would have shown clearly in the propecia studies. It did not.

On top of that it make little sense that the balding genes had been a success in the gene-pool, to spread to so many people, when we know that healthy hair is a bigger turn-on for men and women than no or unhealthy hair.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:54 am

Nice list Prague. I can relate to almost all. To make the list longer:

Most bald guys in general are addicted to the very foods that are causing them harm. In my case, once stopped, quite a few foods taste different and some that use to be my favorite, are no longer.

They don't get goose bumps on the top of their head/balding areas.

edema -----> due to aldosterone. A huge one in hair loss IMO. For those that don't know treatment options = celery seed extract, magnesium chloride then correct potassium such as apple cider vinegar, cherries, correct insulin resistance, chelate lead, and a huge one "IME" is to correct leaky gut via elimination of starch as in wheat, corn, soy, dairy to regrow the villi and some may have a problem with oxalates from leaky gut. Info on oxalates = http://www.lowoxalate.info/papers/mechanisms.html

anemia in a lot .... skin tone is pale. This could be due to copper deficiency ... also related to potassium/aldosterone again. A quote = "Potassium deficiency also decreases copper transport into the cells and this results in copper-deficiency anemia, since the iron no longer has enough copper to form an adequate amount of hemoglobin. Intake of iron further depresses copper levels resulting in more hyper symptoms when iron, manganese, or cobalt are ingested." More info on potassium = http://www.ithyroid.com/latest_ideas.htm

high levels of uric acid I believe this is the cause of hair loss in the back/crown but not the front. Basically gout at the hair follicles. At least IME. Treatment and prevention goes back to aldosterone again ... cherries, celery seed extract, apple cider vinegar, etc..

In short, hair loss for a very large percentage = an autoimmunish type of condition caused by the foods that's eaten.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:33 am

Another I think is important - Those that go bald quicker get less sunlight than those who do not.

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:05 am

I have noticed a cognitive characteristic of many balding types who are also fat or obese, dont CARE about their hair loss or find it natural.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  KAPTUNKRUNK Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:21 am

how many people do you know with significant hair loss that have a halfway healthy lifstyle? about the only ones that i now of are steroid abusers. imo diet is a huge factor. the guys i know with hairloss drink beer/smoke on a regular basis and or eat whatever, not all of them have bellys but the baldest ones do. i just recently starting paying attention to peoples hair and rarley see an overweight man that has most of his hair. the guys that i do know with hair some of them workout and eat fairly decent and some of them just don't eat much.

KAPTUNKRUNK

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:55 am

johnt wrote:Another I think is important - Those that go bald quicker get less sunlight than those who do not.

How do you know this?. Is there a study to back this up?.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:00 am

Surfers.

But then, they get minerals such as magnesium from the water as well.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:09 am

BTW, CS has a good write-up regarding Vitamin D and hair loss http://www.immortalhair.org/physiology.htm
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:49 am

Decro435 wrote:
johnt wrote:Another I think is important - Those that go bald quicker get less sunlight than those who do not.

How do you know this?. Is there a study to back this up?.

Well no studies to back this up -- my observations tell me that those who sit inside all day under artificial lights versus those who get plenty of outdoor time in the sunshine have worse complexions and hair.

FYI -- Prague started this post by seeking our observations and possible connections between balding and non-balding types, not those things that have been scientifically proven ... I think those things are posted regularly as they come out.

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:21 am

Prague -- I'm balding and I have every single one of the characteristics of your "non-balding types".

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusher Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:01 am

jdp710,

I agree. I my opinion there's
a relationship between Vitmanin D3 - mentioned by CS-, Calicum
- mentionend by Prague -, Vitamin K2 - that's new -
and hairloss. Maybe the gallbladder is also involved.
(Don't ask me for a scientific study, it's only my gut
instinct).
After all I've learned, read and written about hairloss - I never ever thought I have to learn/think
about hairloss so intensive - from my point of view that's a possible conclusion (at the moment).

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  TheOne Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:13 am

anyone ever notice very big obese men have full a head of hair.

case in point the tv show `the biggest loser`

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=the%20biggest%20loser%202009&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
TheOne
TheOne

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:45 am

jdp710 wrote:

high levels of uric acid I believe this is the cause of hair loss in the back/crown but not the front. Basically gout at the hair follicles. At least IME. Treatment and prevention goes back to aldosterone again ... cherries, celery seed extract, apple cider vinegar, etc..

Would you please explain this a bit further? How is it connected to hairloss and elevated aldosterone? How can i Check myself for this ? I am mainly a back/crown thinner.
Thanks Jdp

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:06 pm

Holy Crap.

The problem with STEREOTYPING is that you just see what you WANT to see. Better off looking inwards than outwards IMO.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:49 pm

i believe hair loss can definitely be slowed and even halted.. but as one ages i believe hair loss is inevitable especially those with strong genes.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:50 pm

why do rock stars have the best of all hair but party all night, drugs and have excessive sex?

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:51 pm

even Aajonous Vanerplitz is quite thin and has been on a raw food diet for 40 years.... how do you explain this?

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:57 pm

Blackjack--

Regarding Rock Stars, guess what, it is a selective industry, in other words, who do you think is more successful? Same goes for actors in general, and if you want to model, you don't have a chance unless you have the right measurements; fit comes first. But there are always exceptions with talent and an artist can project an image beyond the person, a persona. Also, in show biz, don't be a sucka, you have no idea how far most will go for aesthetics, I'm talking cosmetics; there's a world of foolery the audience isn't aware of. That's why paparazzi love to take those candid pics.

As for genes, I agree, and health will delay aging and flipping those switches so to speak, but we may disagree how best to be healthy.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:58 pm

personally, I think A V looks like shit. not an inspiration to me.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:01 pm

Also, regarding rockstars, there is something unique to to connecting to your spirit in art and an audience. I think this is why The Stones will not retire until they die; it must keep them immortal. When you can harness all that energy, it has healing powers.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:07 pm

One more note on rockstars, guess when they usually go sober, when narcissism kicks in. Ultimately they are narcissists, the best of them; they will stop if they start to get to ugly from it which comes with age. Then they are all about yoga and healthy lifestyle like a bunch of bitches.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next