Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
TRT and hairloss EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
TRT and hairloss EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
TRT and hairloss EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
TRT and hairloss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
TRT and hairloss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
TRT and hairloss EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
TRT and hairloss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
TRT and hairloss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
TRT and hairloss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

TRT and hairloss

3 posters

Go down

TRT and hairloss Empty TRT and hairloss

Post  blackjack Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:57 am

Is anyone on Testosterone Replacement thepary... what are you thoughts on this for preventing or causing hair loss?

blackjack

Back to top Go down

TRT and hairloss Empty Re: TRT and hairloss

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:56 am

blackjack - Testosterone replacement has a catch-22, but if this is dealt with properly it can be very beneficial.

Testosterone improves a whole range of cardiovascular and insulin problems. However, having insulin resistance significantly increases the chance of very high levels of aromatase. One well known doctor describes this as hyperaromatization. It is becoming extremely common for men who receive T replacement to acquire some of the negative effects of estrogen, since much of the T is converted into estrogen.

The way to combat this is to take aromatase inhibitors and to improve glucose metabolism. I did a blog on this some months ago: http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/show/1634153-estrogen-aromatase-insulin

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:29 pm

True CS! As someone that used to be a self-imposed guinea pig for exogenous hormones, I would highly advise not using them unless it is absolutely last resort. The endocrine system is so complicated and there are so many feeback loops that all hell can break loose. About aromatase you're right. It is the same reason why body builders on steroids often accompany them with arimidex or some kind of AI- which in itself has side effects. I would try and boost endogenous hormones naturally.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:07 am

Well yeah there are risks, but theres risk in doing everything really..
Using bioidentical testosterone i think overall is safe and very effective for most men...
using Testosterone with HCG is the way togo to enhance life..

Usually someone will have to use armidex..

im still researching to find out if TRT would be for me or not.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:09 am

The problem is i spent 2 years increasing testosterone naturally and couldnt really do it..
also most men are usually low on testosterone even health men still are not up to par..
the average testosterone of a young 18 year old male 50 years ago was 800-900ng/dl sometimes going up to 1200 ng/dl

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd6xgZSoMVo

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:35 am

BJ,

I am no expert, but I know that many men do initiate HRT when they are at a certain age. how old are you? There are many 'anti-aging' clinics that run the gamut of hormones including HGH. I really think I would opt for it if I were to have no luck increasing my own levels, but I would feel pretty uneasy about it as well. I have used HCG and arimidex for short periods of time when on anabolic/androgenic steroid cycles, but the thought of being on them constantly and indefinitely worries me. I remember reading that Arimidex can have some really serious long term sides, and I can't imagine what long term HCG would do to your own system.

I suppose I would have to ask myself if I was ready to basically rely on synthetic hormones and completely allow the shutting down of my own system. The T is going to shut down your own T. The arimidex comes with known and unknown side effects and isn't bio-identical to anything as it is a drug. the HCG long term is very likely to shut down your own LH (if I remember correctly it's been a while). I feel for you and would hate to have to make that decision.

I would definitely get on some avodart/dutasteride if you do start adding hormones, as you might as well get the added benefit and even long acting blends of T esters like sustenon will cause spikes in DHT. In fact it's been my experience that my hair would get the worst after a cycle- not during. It is the fluctuation in hormones and attempt to restore homeostasis by the body that causes this I think.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:05 pm

I understand, im 25 years old..

the problem natural stuff rarely works on seriously getting Testosterone levels up to top range. and theres a mountain of evidence to support that men with low even normalish testosterone levels die sooner..
the natural stuff is fine, but nothing is natural anymore, even taking a vitamin C.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:06 pm

I will have to study and research it more.. but i dont think adding in hormones would have many side effects.. according to suzzane sommers.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:12 pm

HCG mimics LH..
i dont think there would be any long term problems using it.

testosterone would be the same.. your simply restoring the bodys hormone levels to youthful levels.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down