Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Brewer's Yeast to get a lot of NUTRITION all at once for Hair/body :) EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Brewer's Yeast to get a lot of NUTRITION all at once for Hair/body :) EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Brewer's Yeast to get a lot of NUTRITION all at once for Hair/body :) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Brewer's Yeast to get a lot of NUTRITION all at once for Hair/body :) EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Brewer's Yeast to get a lot of NUTRITION all at once for Hair/body :) EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Brewer's Yeast to get a lot of NUTRITION all at once for Hair/body :) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Brewer's Yeast to get a lot of NUTRITION all at once for Hair/body :) EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Brewer's Yeast to get a lot of NUTRITION all at once for Hair/body :) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Brewer's Yeast to get a lot of NUTRITION all at once for Hair/body :) EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Brewer's Yeast to get a lot of NUTRITION all at once for Hair/body :)

+12
Jocko59
gioc
nidhogge
j87x
Paradox
Gibson
LittleFighter
europe
CausticSymmetry
edony
Misirlou
RobHealthMan
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brewer's Yeast to get a lot of NUTRITION all at once for Hair/body :) Empty Brewer's Yeast to get a lot of NUTRITION all at once for Hair/body :)

Post  RobHealthMan Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi folks!

Anyone take Brewer's yeast to get a lot of their nutrition?

http://www.iherb.com/Twinlab-SuperRich-Yeast-Plus-16-oz-453-6-g/2429?at=0

I'm thinking about getting this one. If anyone can comment give me some info. that'll be great!

thanks again!

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Brewer's Yeast to get a lot of NUTRITION all at once for Hair/body :) Empty Re: Brewer's Yeast to get a lot of NUTRITION all at once for Hair/body :)

Post  Misirlou Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:38 am

I'm having a hard time eating the powder (Lewis), so I suggest pills for this one.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Brewer's Yeast to get a lot of NUTRITION all at once for Hair/body :) Empty Re: Brewer's Yeast to get a lot of NUTRITION all at once for Hair/body :)

Post  edony Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:13 am

in pill form I know only of yeast derived BY. If you happen to know any beet derived pls mention it
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:07 am

RobHealthMan wrote:Hi folks!

Anyone take Brewer's yeast to get a lot of their nutrition?

http://www.iherb.com/Twinlab-SuperRich-Yeast-Plus-16-oz-453-6-g/2429?at=0

I'm thinking about getting this one. If anyone can comment give me some info. that'll be great!

thanks again!

RobHealthMan - These naturally occurring nutrients Lithium, Manganese, Tin, Molybdenum, Nickel in the BY are nice, however this particular product is fortified with synthetic isolates to increase the "recommend daily allowances." This is where they go wrong. I use a brewer's yeast without any added ingredients, and this makes it work better.

I use this kind which is available in both tablets and powder:

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Brewer-s-Yeast-10-Grain-650-mg-500-Tablets/427?at=0

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Brewer-s-Yeast-Debittered-1-lb-454-g/423?at=0

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:35 am

and once again, that two products above contain GLUTEN.

I would go for ALIVE YEAST, that also acts as a probiotic. the yeast isn't dead ( which is still S cerevasea ).
That type of yeast do not contain gluten because not derived from beet.

But perhaps that type of yeast is counterproductive for fighting candida.
What are your thoughts ?
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:58 am

Europe-

by alive yeast you mean the product that it's in the supermarket section(refrigerated) for baking candies/bread ?

If that's what you mean,i used it -dissolved in warm water -quite successfully to fight my acne some years ago
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:05 pm

edony wrote:Europe-

by alive yeast you mean the product that it's in the supermarket section(refrigerated) for baking candies/bread ?

If that's what you mean,i used it -dissolved in warm water -quite successfully to fight my acne some years ago

Brewer's Yeast (S. Cerevisae) is the only strain used as a food, not normally sold as a probiotic. Edony, I think this is what you used. Brewer's Yeast provides chromium and other nutrients that can help acne.

On the other hand, S. Boulardii, is the type of yeast sold as a probiotic (with a lot of research behind it), not as a source of nutrients. Since it is a probiotic, the organisms must be alive (unlike in brewer's yeast, where the cells are dead).
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:42 pm

LittleFighter wrote:

Brewer's Yeast (S. Cerevisae) is the only strain used as a food, not normally sold as a probiotic. Edony, I think this is what you used. Brewer's Yeast provides chromium and other nutrients that can help acne.

On the other hand, S. Boulardii, is the type of yeast sold as a probiotic (with a lot of research behind it), not as a source of nutrients. Since it is a probiotic, the organisms must be alive (unlike in brewer's yeast, where the cells are dead).

Isn't the product that europe asked about ALIVE too?They keep it refrigerated so it must be alive. S.cerevisae exists also in dry form ,I've seen it at health food stores in the gluten-free section.So it shouldn't indeed contain any gluten.That would make it a good choice but is it pro-candida?
Any clue Littlefighter?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:05 am

Might be a dumb question, but: Is brewers yeast problematic for someone with yeast allergies?

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:02 am

europe wrote:and once again, that two products above contain GLUTEN.

I would go for ALIVE YEAST, that also acts as a probiotic. the yeast isn't dead ( which is still S cerevasea ).
That type of yeast do not contain gluten because not derived from beet.

But perhaps that type of yeast is counterproductive for fighting candida.
What are your thoughts ?

Europe,

It is not the beet derived yeast that has gluten, It is the traditional brewer's yeast. the beet derived like Lewis labs is actually not real brewer's yeast, but "nutritional yeast" as it is beet derived and lacks gluten. the whole brewer's yeast thing is a big pain in the ass for me considering the gluten, and glutamate obstacles. there is no way to get around the glutamate one BTW. If you are trying to eliminate MSG and free glutamate/glutamic acid, then you have no choice but to avoid brewer's yeast, and protein powders for that matter. OTOH, if you are not worried about/sensitive to MSG or glutamate, then by all means take brewer's or "nutritional yeast".

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:34 am

CS, the brewers yeast you are using..does it really contain enough nutrients per pill? One testimonial said that he takes 32 pills a day to get enough..any comments?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:53 am

Swansons is the cheapest I can find, what does everyone think about their brand? http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SW330/ItemDetail?n=

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:26 am

Misirlou wrote:CS, the brewers yeast you are using..does it really contain enough nutrients per pill? One testimonial said that he takes 32 pills a day to get enough..any comments?

Because the vitamins are natural and not synthetic, you don't need as much.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:35 am

I just gave the pet a spoonful of the lewis stuff and well..the little guy loved it bom

Synthetic vs natural..
How many of the CS daily products are not natural but laboratory fake?

Is the Brewers Yeast CS is using free of gluten or not? I want to remove any sign of this garbage from my diet.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:44 am

Misirlou - Now brand brewer's yeast contains no gluten.

Personally I take around 10 to 20 tablets per day. I'll grab a partial handful that contains some 5 to 10 tablets and take it twice per day. I do not believe it is necessary to take 30 or more. That is only if you're trying to reach RDA levels.

Natural complex vitamins in their natural state, such as brewer's yeast have significantly more energy potential than their synthetic isolate "equivalents." There is no need to worry about the low weights or milligrams amount of these natural vitamins, because they are so far superior to the isolates it is more than night and day.

The synthetic isolates is like having a powerful engine that only runs on a few cylinders instead of eight, in other words it is not complete and runs rough and inefficiently, despite its engine size.

Naturally, complex vitamins and minerals in their natural state are electrically compatible with the body and work perfectly smooth. There is at least one b-vitamin missing and perhaps more in synthetic isolates, plus the brewer's yeast offers some minerals not typically found in most formulas that may have a use in their natural state.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:04 am

edony wrote:
LittleFighter wrote:

Isn't the product that europe asked about ALIVE too?They keep it refrigerated so it must be alive. S.cerevisae exists also in dry form ,I've seen it at health food stores in the gluten-free section.So it shouldn't indeed contain any gluten.That would make it a good choice but is it pro-candida?
Any clue Littlefighter?

Both S. Boulardii and Brewer's yeast are both GLUTEN FREE, at least when grown on beets or other gluten free grain.

S. Boulardii is actually anti-candida and provides many benefits:

Saccharomyces boulardii decreases inflammation and intestinal colonization by Candida albicans in a mouse model of chemically-induced colitis

Samir Jawhara‌1,2 and Daniel Poulain‌2†
1Inserm U 799, Physiopathologie des Candidoses, Faculté de Médecine, CHRU Lille, France
2Inserm U 795, Physiopathologie des Maladies Inflammatoires Intestinales, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Lille, France
†Correspondence: Daniel Poulain, Inserm 799, Physiopathologie des Candidoses, Faculté de Médecine, 1, Place de Verdun, 59045, Lille Cedex, France, +33 (0)3 20 62 34 15, +33 (0)3 20 62 34 16 dpoulain@univ-lille2.fr

The present study was designed to investigate the effects of Saccharomyces boulardii on inflammation and intestinal colonization by Candida albicans in a BALB/c mouse model of colitis that had been induced by dextran-sulfate-sodium (DSS). Colonization with C. albicans was established by oral gavage with a 200 µL suspension of 107 yeast cells. A 1.5% solution of DSS was administered in drinking water 1 h after C. albicans oral challenge, while 107 cells of S. boulardii was inoculated daily by oral gavage for 1 week. Faeces were collected daily for 2 weeks. Seven groups of mice consisting of those that were administered either C. albicans or S. boulardii or both were sacrificed after 14 days and samples of the colon were taken for histological scoring and real-time PCR (RT-PCR) analysis of inflammatory cytokines and toll-like receptors (TLRs). Compared to control animals that did not receive DSS, the number of C. albicans colonies recovered from faeces was significantly greater in mice receiving DSS. In contrast, the colony forming units (CFUs) of C. albicans were greatly reduced in mice receiving S. boulardii. The administration of this yeast decreased the severity of DSS-induced clinical scores and histological inflammation. At the mRNA expression level, an increase in TLR2 and TLR4 resulting from the presence of S. boulardii was associated with a reduction in the inflammatory cytokines TNFα and INFγ. In mice receiving DSS and C. albicans, TLR4 was over-expressed by stimulation with both yeasts, but TLR2 and TNFα, which were increased by the administration of C. albicans alone, were decreased in the presence of S. boulardii. These results indicate that S. boulardii decreased inflammation and C. albicans colonization in this BALB/c mouse model of colitis.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:19 am

CS, i believe we've been thru this discussion before and we concluded that NOW's BY contains gluten.Am I missing something here?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:26 pm

edony - I'm not so sure it contains gluten. Its says right on the label, "does not contain gluten, wheat, etc."

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:05 pm

Thank you europe, jdp, cs, edony, littlefighter and others Smile

so, which non-gluten brand is best to get here?

Are the 2 CS recommended contain gluten?

thank you!

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:44 pm

Apparently NOW's doesn't contain gluten, if it says so explicitly. That's what I use personally, take 6 to 10 caps with each meal.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:44 pm

Another note, if you want another great natural source for B vitamins, as well as digestive enzymes, antioxidants, etc. make your own Kombucha Tea!

Check out KefirLady.com, order a SCOBY culture, and follow the easy directions.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:53 am

nidhogge wrote:Apparently NOW's doesn't contain gluten, if it says so explicitly. That's what I use personally, take 6 to 10 caps with each meal.

thanks Nidhogge! I'm going to get this then. It seems like a great way to just get all the nutrients without all the hassle!

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:11 pm

No problem bud!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  gioc Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:49 am

It seems that I have taken several pounds since using Brewer's yeast and was curious to see if someone had a similar experience ?

gioc

Back to top Go down

Brewer's Yeast to get a lot of NUTRITION all at once for Hair/body :) Empty If you mean gained weight..

Post  Jocko59 Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:16 am

Yes I have since I started using Lewis Brands Brewers Yeast.

Also, someone posted that Lewis Brands wasn't true Brewer's yeast, but Nutritional Yeast or some such. That is not what the label states. It states that it's Brewer's Yeast and contains no Gluten. So, I'm not sure where you are getting that it's not true Brewer's Yeast unless you think they are out and out lying on the label.

Jocko59

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next