Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Natural Topicals EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Natural Topicals EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Natural Topicals EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Natural Topicals EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Natural Topicals EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Natural Topicals EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Natural Topicals EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Natural Topicals EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Natural Topicals EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Natural Topicals

+2
CausticSymmetry
FW2000
6 posters

Go down

Natural Topicals Empty Natural Topicals

Post  FW2000 Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:45 am

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and am really intrigued by some of the information offered by immortal hair and others. My question is in regards to topicals. I am currently using Rogaine Foam and am ready to get off of it after a year of no new growth (loss in front actually got worse). I tried regular Rogaine for about 7 years, but lost its effectiveness after six years. I also tried Revivogen for a little of a year and did not have any noticeable results (With the exception of seb. Dermatitis, which had some minor improvement). Does anyone know of any natural topicals out there that could help with hair loss and not irritate the scalp?

FW2000

Back to top Go down

Natural Topicals Empty Re: Natural Topicals

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:41 pm

FW2000 - Hey, welcome!

What works great for SD and also for hair loss reduction topically is a shampoo rinse. Here's the link. It's just part of an overall regimen and is worth a try.

http://www.freewebs.com/immortalhair/topicals.htm

Another option is a laser helmet. One of our resident members here, Nidhogge will build one for you, if you're interested.

On the above link there's a site that shows you how to make your own as well.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Luxuriate Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:38 pm

I found good ol' rosemary tea hair rinse to be very good and soothing, especially for seb dermatitis. Its a folk hair maintainer anyway. I cook up a pan of the stuff for about 10 minutes so its a nice dark red. Store it in the fridge else it goes off. Add the cold stuff to another bottle and dilute the thick stuff down in another bottle with hot water to make a tepid warm rinse.

I use this whenever needed, between the usual 3day nizoral application, and even during. It has the effect of thickening the hairs whilst stimulating the blood supply also (hot hands are a side effect). Apply to scalp, then do something else for 3-5 minutes, then rinse off.

If my hair is a bit greasy, I'll add a glug or two of cider vinegar to wash any excess scalp oil away.

Its fairly mentally stimulating also, so its a good morning wakeup routine. Smells pretty OK also.

Anyway, its soothing and refreshing. I haven't heard of anyone with an allergy to it. I did hear that using rosemary oil on its own will cause irritation. So thats why I prefer the fresh tea.

Cheers
Lux

Luxuriate

Back to top Go down

Post  FW2000 Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:18 am

Luxuriate and CausticSymmetry,

Thank you for the information. I think I am going to try the rosemary tea rinse and the DMSO with Lithium Oratate. I should also mention that I am currently using Home Health Psoriasis Medicated Scalp and Body Wash (I have only had limited success with this product) for my face and scalp and use Locoid solution (cortisone cream) on my face. Could both the rosemary tea rinse and the DMSO with Lithium Oratate be also be used on the face?

FW2000

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:22 am

FW2000 - Do you have Psoriasis?
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FW2000 Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:31 am

According to my dermatologist I have seborrhea dermatitis. It has gotten better over the last several years and my dermatologist even seems surprised by the improvements that I have made, but would like to get completely 100% get rid of it. I have been taking all sorts of supplements and made some drastic chages in my diet, but am looking for a safer topical then Locoid (hydrocortisone cream) to take and hopefully get rid of it once and for all.

FW2000

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:35 am

FW2000 - Here's a study that discusses Lithium topically.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17483754
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  isaac Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:56 pm

Interesting study CS...formulating a topical specifically for treating SD what would you do? You're topical is not much use to me as oily scalp is not a problem for me and my hair is stable without any topical approaches. Though I would like to see how lithium would work on my mild SD. What do you think of adding lithium orotate to a natural product like this http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=7577&at=0 basically so I could spray it on my hair throughout the day? I suppose it wouldn't hurt also that this product also is completely hair friendly and has many anti-fungal/microbial herbs etc

isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:27 pm

isaac - The topical I use is really a rinse, so it's just part of my daily shampoo (Aubrey Organics shampoo) plus added Lithium Orotate and some DMSO.

I don't have any SD, but I use it to keep DKK-1 at bay. DKK-1 (Dickkopf-1) is a major factor in hair loss.

I wouldn't want to leave this stuff in my hair, so as rinse I feel it's more convenient.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:43 am

IH, I coulda sworn SSKI is good for psoriasis?

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:34 am

nidhogge - I don't believe so, but Psoriasis is tackled with sun exposure, fumaric acid and bile supplementation.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:16 am

Ah OK, I knew I read something somewhere about some natural cure for psoriasis. I wonder if lasers are any good for that too? That'd be OMG's department, hehe. Interesting note about sun exposure--I have this tiny wart, no idea how I got it, on my left hand. I ran a bunch in the sun yesterday, and it was significantly smaller when I got back inside. Seems to shrink and expand, doesn't know quite what to do...it'd better wait until I get some SSKI made, then I'm going to kill it good. Wink

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:46 am

I like aloe vera gel, for me it is the best natural alternative to hydrocortisone. Make sure you use pure aloe gel, and no Banana Boat or other brands that contain alcohol and other stuff. I like Nature's Life since it contains allantoin, chamomile and comfrey.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:42 am

I just mixed 8% lithium chloride with aloe and put it on my nose which has dermatitis. It stings. Would it be better to use lithium gluconate or orotate for this?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:53 am

j87x - Either one would work.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:03 pm

It seems to make my condition worse. The areas I applied it to burned and became more inflamed.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down