Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning.

+4
Amaranthaceae
hadrion
huli
tommmash
8 posters

Go down

Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning. Empty Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning.

Post  tommmash Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:21 am

Hi everyone,
I´m diffuse thinner. I think that´s really bad diagnose.
You probably now the situation - you stay in your bathroom where are the spot lights and you can´t look into the mirror on your head - esp. hair. It looks like you are really close to the baldness.
That´s really frustrating.
But if the room is darker there´s another story. Your hair doesn´t like so bad.
So i would like to thick the hair in frontal line. I know that´s hard work.
My question is - how do you fight with diffuse thinning.
I try to treat it by - ZINC Gluconate (50 mg/day). Next should be biotin. SAnd what else?
Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning. Pictur12
Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning. Pictur12
The photo should demonstrate the appearance of diffuse thinner in different backgrounds.
tommmash
tommmash

Back to top Go down

Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning. Empty Re: Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning.

Post  tommmash Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:23 am

Oh sorry two non differnt picture - my false.
There´s another.
Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning. Pictur14
tommmash
tommmash

Back to top Go down

Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning. Empty Re: Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning.

Post  tommmash Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:41 am

Next powerful think could be magnesium oil - I´m also using.
And the most powerful thing should be laser helmet. But as a university student I´m lack of money.
I think that my anxiety levels are really high. I´m using magnesium + ashwaganda and smoking damiana to beat it but nothing seems work to me.

affraid
tommmash
tommmash

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:46 am

Hey Tommash, I am a diffuse thinner like you. I go back and forth from feeling pretty good about my hair to being rather depressed about it. I am thinning from the front of my crown all the way to my hairline yet the hair just outside that area is thicker than it has ever been from all the steps I've taken to try and halt my hair loss. I would say in the first two photos you posted your hair looks like mine under light and the last one looks like mine in the dark. People think I am crazy when I tell them I am losing my hair but I know what I see when my hair is wet or when I look closely under bright lights. I also know by all the hair I see in the shower or in the sink or on my pillow that it is slowly getting worse. So.....I would be as interested as you are in the answers to your question. Unfortunately I don't have any of my own yet although I am trying a number of different things.

Do you find that the zinc you are taking is slowing your hair loss appreciably? Do you have the itchy scalp or inflammation that i seem to get when my hair loss picks up?

huli

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:57 am

I should add that I am really close to just buzzing it all down to a #1 or even a 0 guard and going with the Jason Statham look for a while. I think that would allow me to use topicals more freely and of course it would solve the problem of me picking hair out of my food Laughing

I am still playing with the papain topical and will try magnesium ascorbyl palmitate or whatever it is (see the my hairline is crazy thread) when it arrives. I have never tried magnesium oil so I will try that too.

I lost a lot of hair last April when I tried the A&G hair complex and I think I grew most of it back somehow over summer with the IH top 6 and lasers but I generally seem to be on a slow steady decline as it just hasn't really seemed to stabilize for any period of time. Hopefully papain and some other stuff I try in the near future will help. I hear you about the cost though and it is tough when there are other things you'd like to spend your money on like food, your mortgage etc...

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:02 am

Tommash...you talk about your anxiety level. I think that is critical. The more I think about my hair loss the more I lose. It wasn't lost on me when I read one of Prague's latest posts and he said when he was experiencing a really big shed before his papain regrowth that he finally just got to the point where he accepted his hair loss. Then he started to see regrowth. I think the peace of mind you get when you finally just accept it helps a lot. It doesn't mean you stop fighting it, but you just don't let it rule your life anymore. Easier said than done and I've only just realized it but I think it is significant.

Good luck bro.

huli

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:19 am

All good advice in here. I'm a diffuse thinner who isn't shedding in your typical MPB progression. Mine has been the widening of the part down the middle.

I haven't found out the key to regrowth in those areas, however the hair I still have is in excellent condition.

Stress is the killer. I know my hair loss was anxiety related. There's too much evidence in my life that when stress and anxiety hit the fan for me, my hair suddenly and rapidly fell out.

I had a lot of inflammation and itching until I hooked up with IH. Since then I have controlled the inflammation and the itching and the loss has stabilized...but it also has not ever gotten better.

Just work on handling stress and anxiety differently. I'm a much calmer person now than I was. I attribute a lot of that to changes in my diet and exercising a lot and the help that the supplements give us.

Hang in there Tommash and don't let your hair rule your head. I'm less concerned about it now than I used to be and I'm much more okay with everything.

The way I see it, I know so many people who are bald or have shaved their heads that if that's the worst case scenario, we'll all be fine.

That said, taking the steps to improve your help in an effort to keep your hair is a great thing and will have profound effects on your health for the rest of your life if you stick with it.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  tommmash Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:52 am

Huli
Thanks mate. I know that it´s (from the main part) stress related.
My anxiety levels were always too high (I think so).
I would like to cut it as much as possible. But I need to find the way.
I tried high doses of Niacinamide, magnesium, zinc, ashwagandha and others.
Since I started to take Borage it seems like the levels reached the top.
I should drop it.
Anyway I want to cut it as you do. The reasons are - healthier looking hair and easier applying topicals. I don´t wanna care if it´s raining or snowing etc.
The inflammation was reduced (almost no inf.) reasonably.
So the main goal is mood and everything about it.

Hadrion
I really believe in this situation. If you believe then nothing is impossible.
The hair won´t start growin if you won´t believe. That´s the main key.
It´s something like placebo (I know that´s not) effect.
The sentence: The worst result is the bald head is really amazing.
How small the fucxxxxxx hairloss is?!!!!Smile
tommmash
tommmash

Back to top Go down

Post  tommmash Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:02 am

Huli
I can´t tell you anything about my results with taking the zinc.
Because of the short time of using it (about 7 days).
I think that sufficient zinc intake is critical. In hand with Biotin.
That should be the two basic things - that´s my opinion after some reading.
tommmash
tommmash

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:58 pm

My hair ios diffuse thinning too, from the crown and and toward the the front with receding temples also, and a spot on the back of my head that is also thinning.

I had many victories! And often I thought I had it nailed since my hair was so good and regrowing, and healthy looking. But somehow MPB slips back in.

recently i come to accept that something essentially natural is happening to my hair, which is age related.

I have some few options I am still exploring though.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:00 pm

cpio, I agree that it is essentially a natural age related process that, to some degree, we have to accept because we can't stop it. I do believe we can slow it down and delay the inevitable however. I think that is what all of the great anti-aging info in this forum is all about.

How old is everyone in this thread anyway? I'm 46 and will be 47 in Jan.

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  tommmash Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:25 pm

I´m baby... 21 years old... Huli you could be my father! Very Happy
tommmash
tommmash

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:04 pm

Another diffuse thinner here.

Diffuse thinners - how do you fight with the thinning. 2887340090105517524DNIdCb_fs

IH's topical has helped me tremendously. I'm still trying to get my hair to get thicker tho. The hairloss has almost normalized but I want my hairs up top to be thicker. I might shave my head in Jan and start applying clay/ lasering to see how that goes. Other then that I'm pretty much hanging in there.

Throughout the day I get some scalp itch and dandruff/flakes in my thinning areas.
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  jobey Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:45 pm

I think your best bet would be lasers and a continuation of the IH regime. It seems a lot of people with good results from lasers dont have the full coverage helmet design. So maybe create a device with about 100 lasers and see how you go? Probably wouldnt be massively expensive. I have also had good results from using zix, it can stop shedding pretty rapidly.....and is also very cheap to try.

jobey

Back to top Go down

Post  clydro Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:40 am

Dear Huli,

I'm also diffuse who will turn 40 this year. I noticed in one of your earlier threads that you felt you had experienced hair loss with the A&G formula. I tried A&G this past July/Aug and also feel that it made my hair loss worse. I'm now taking Toco-8 and Latisse hair conditioner along with fin (which I've been on for 12 years). No results yet with toco or latisse, but I’m still hopeful. It's so very frustrating, but then I don’t need to tell you guys that. I’m so freakin obsessed with my hair loss that it seems to be taking over my life. I’m constantly running to the bathroom to make sure my scalp isn’t showing thru (I also use a concealer - HairSoReal). I’m praying that one day I’ll be able to get back some of the density before it’s too late..….

Clydro.

clydro

Back to top Go down

Post  HanginInthere Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:57 am

Sorry but your vitamin mineral regimen is sorely lacking
if you are not taking a chelated multi mineral........you seem to be just picking and choosing vits and minerals

and a super hair vitamin, such as Ultra Hair by Natures Plus, or Maxi Hair by Country Life ( which is very cheap and works fantastically)
then you are missing the boat,

I have 20 yrs of trial and error on diet and vitamins, and believe me I at one time took about 30 different pills separately.
They didnt work even near as well as taking 2 super hair vitamins per day with chelated minerals

HanginInthere

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:05 am

Hey clydro,

I agree that hair loss is frustrating and believe me I spent ton of time in front of the mirror stressing about visible scalp as well. I have realized a couple of things:

1. My hair loss doesn't look as bad to others as it does to me. In fact most others don't yet know I have a problem unless I tell them. So my stress about a visible scalp is uncalled for currently.

2. When I stress about my hair my inflammation/itch are almost immediately worse. It is quite unbelievable how my scalp is so sensitive to stress now. I think this is a condition I have brought upon myself by being so wound up about it for a while. I can tell you that my hair loss absolutely accelerates dramatically when the itch/inflammation picks up. So....a good strategy is don't worry about it. I have found when I can do that my scalp feels normal and my hair feels way stronger and seems to be happy in my head rather than literally jumping off my head like it does when I obsess about it. In fact I can also see a difference with my digital microscope. Everything looks so much better when I am not overly focussed on my hair.

3. It may not guarantee regrowth but I can almost certainly guarantee that I will not get any regrowth if I can't control that scalp environment. I believe that by obsessing about my hair I have made my hair loss worse and in the process pretty much assured I won't get regrowth. If I am going to get ANY meaningful regrowth it will only occur if I am not obsessed with my hair.

4. As a very positive side effect of not obsessing about my hair I have my old carefree, happy go lucky life back. I can't tell you how wonderful that is. I hate to think of what that obsessing might have been doing to my health in other areas.

5. It is entirely possible to address hair loss through internals and topicals etc without obsessing over it. That is what I am trying to do now and hoping for the best.

Good luck.

Huli

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down