Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Diffuse Thinning Thread - What's working for you? EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Diffuse Thinning Thread - What's working for you? EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Diffuse Thinning Thread - What's working for you? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Diffuse Thinning Thread - What's working for you? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Diffuse Thinning Thread - What's working for you? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Diffuse Thinning Thread - What's working for you? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Diffuse Thinning Thread - What's working for you? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Diffuse Thinning Thread - What's working for you? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Diffuse Thinning Thread - What's working for you? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Diffuse Thinning Thread - What's working for you?

3 posters

Go down

Diffuse Thinning Thread - What's working for you? Empty Diffuse Thinning Thread - What's working for you?

Post  helpmyhair1 Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:14 pm

For us Diffuse Thinners, I believe a different strategy is required to restore our hair. This thread is for Diffuse Thinners, to share what they've tried and what worked.

For me: I'm currently going through a lot of thinning which I believe are due to two factors.

1) Going through one of the most stressful times in my life. Anxiety/Depression/Panic/Overwhelmed all the time

2) Having stomach problems. Stomach burning, Stomach inflammation, slow digestion, GERD, IBS, constipation, etc.

I've had this same issue 5 or 6 years ago and my hair thinned considerably. But I fixed both my stomach issues and stress at the time and my hair regained its thickness. For the stomach, I did glutamine and oil of oregano. Trying now but without luck. For the stress, I went on a relaxing beach vacation. So this tells me stress and GI issues are at play for diffuse thinning.

Also CS thinks it could be a thyroid issue. I remember many years ago, I was on the IH Top 6 and not really getting much results until I added in Iodine and then my hair started looking better. That was a long time ago and not sure how comfortable I feel about iodine these days.

What have you guys tried for diffuse thinning and is it working for you?

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Diffuse Thinning Thread - What's working for you? Empty Re: Diffuse Thinning Thread - What's working for you?

Post  helpmyhair1 Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:47 am

bumping this thread. Anyone?

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Diffuse Thinning Thread - What's working for you? Empty Re: Diffuse Thinning Thread - What's working for you?

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:39 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:bumping this thread. Anyone?

Issues with #1 and #2 during hair battle will not be simple to solve until those issues are dealt with.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:28 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:

Issues with #1 and #2 during hair battle will not be simple to solve until those issues are dealt with.

Once those issues are solved, what can be done to solve diffuse thinning? While the back/sides of my scalp seem a little thinner, most of the thinning is in MPB areas (temples, vertex, crown). So its mainly pattern diffuse thinning. Is there anything I can do to thicken up the hair and fill in the areas that are thinning? Currently I'm taking ecklonia cava, magnesium, vitamin D (found I was deficient a few months ago), vitamin K sometimes, probiotic, sometimes taurine.

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:56 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:

Once those issues are solved, what can be done to solve diffuse thinning? While the back/sides of my scalp seem a little thinner, most of the thinning is in MPB areas (temples, vertex, crown). So its mainly pattern diffuse thinning. Is there anything I can do to thicken up the hair and fill in the areas that are thinning? Currently I'm taking ecklonia cava, magnesium, vitamin D (found I was deficient a few months ago), vitamin K sometimes, probiotic, sometimes taurine.

I recall you mentioning being type I diabetic and having recent issues with blood sugar control. Just knowing this explains a lot of the underlying issues. Previously mentioned that a carbohydrate based diet undermines all of these conditions.

The Rockefeller medical system has Con-vinced people that the worst diet is "best" and believe it or not, a carnivore diet is being used by type 1 diabetics...of course guidance on this sort of idea is suggested.

For many (not all), plant-based diets can exacerbate those underlying conditions.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:19 pm

Artichokes are supposed to be good for promoting good gut bacteria. It might help with your stomach problems. Also if you are diabetic have you tried metformin? There have been studies that suggest it can regenerate hair follicles in mice.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34883492/#:~:text=Conclusions%3A%20These%20results%20suggest%20that,or%20female%20pattern%20hair%20loss.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:42 pm

shaftless wrote:Artichokes are supposed to be good for promoting good gut bacteria. It might help with your stomach problems. Also if you are diabetic have you tried metformin? There have been studies that suggest it can regenerate hair follicles in mice.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34883492/#:~:text=Conclusions%3A%20These%20results%20suggest%20that,or%20female%20pattern%20hair%20loss.

Since I am type 1, they don't really give us metformin.. rather we have to take insulin.

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:44 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
helpmyhair1 wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:

I recall you mentioning being type I diabetic and having recent issues with blood sugar control. Just knowing this explains  a lot of the underlying issues. Previously mentioned that a carbohydrate based diet undermines all of these conditions.

The Rockefeller medical system has Con-vinced people that the worst diet is "best" and believe it or not, a carnivore diet is being used by type 1 diabetics...of course guidance on this sort of idea is suggested.

For many (not all), plant-based diets can exacerbate those underlying conditions.

I have actually since stabilized my blood sugar and have gotten it under control. I don't consume much carbs either anymore.

So now that my blood sugars are looking better, what else can I do for my diffuse thinning? There has gotta be a way to bring back the density since there are no slick bald areas. There is hair there, but its thinning. I'm hoping the ecklonia cava can help.. its been about 3 months I've been on it. What do you think I should add to bring back the density?

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:40 am

Without knowing too many details. I'll state this:

Assuming "normal" sleep and circadian circadian rhythms, absence of histamine issues,
normal liver/kidney function, normal endocrine function, gastrointestinal/gut microbiome, normal lipid function (high HDL is good, low triglycerides), absence of vascular issues, absence of oral pathology issues, then sure it will help.

All that said, there are other measures not easily discovered without going into depth, can't say--but if we forget
all about health for moment....chances are if all attention goes into prostaglandin management, could help jump start some improvement.

So looking in this in reverse again, it's not easy to reverse hair loss until all the major issues are dealt with. In other words,
most supplements will only place small level of defense against a larger wall of inflammation.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:09 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Without knowing too many details. I'll state this:

Assuming "normal" sleep and circadian circadian rhythms, absence of histamine issues,
normal liver/kidney function, normal endocrine function, gastrointestinal/gut microbiome, normal lipid function (high HDL is good, low triglycerides), absence of vascular issues, absence of oral pathology issues, then sure it will help.

All that said, there are other measures not easily discovered without going into depth, can't say--but if we forget
all about health for moment....chances are if all attention goes into prostaglandin management, could help jump start some improvement.

So looking in this in reverse again, it's not easy to reverse hair loss until all the major issues are dealt with. In other words,
most supplements will only place small level of defense against a larger wall of inflammation.

Definitely working on all of the above. Sleep has gotten better, still improving. Histamine issues are better. Working on the gut.

What can one do for prostaglandin management? Is there a certain supplement for this?

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:42 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:Without knowing too many details. I'll state this:

Definitely working on all of the above. Sleep has gotten better, still improving. Histamine issues are better. Working on the gut.

What can one do for prostaglandin management? Is there a certain supplement for this?

In short, yes and no.....glucose signaling plays an enormous role in PGD2, as well as the body's capacity to produce adequate levels of Vitamin D...if it cannot, then there's a liver issue.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down