Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
HMR Lignans Question EmptyToday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
HMR Lignans Question EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
HMR Lignans Question EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
HMR Lignans Question EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
HMR Lignans Question EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
HMR Lignans Question EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
HMR Lignans Question EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
HMR Lignans Question EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
HMR Lignans Question EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

HMR Lignans Question

+9
Gibson
ganny
chapat
johnt
GoodThings
CausticSymmetry
nidhogge
bobbyv
13 posters

Go down

HMR Lignans Question Empty HMR Lignans Question

Post  bobbyv Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:53 am

I know a few people have reported increased shedding with the HMR Lignans. This is the one part of IH's top 6 that I wasnt using but I started doing so about 10-14 days ago. Previously I'd been recedeing, mainly at the sides and a little at the front, but the last week I've started to get a mild burning sensation in my scalp at the front and I'm seeing significant thinning up to 2-3 inches back from my hairline right in the centre although strangely I've not noticed increased shedding. I'm wondering if this may be down to the lignans or not. Its a bit of a quick response if so, and I'd always thought any regimen change would take a while to show an effect, positive or negative. I'm not sure whether to discontinue the lignans or if it could be unrelated. I have had a fair bit of stress in the last month as well, although not all that much more than usual. Any thought are welcomed.

I've not had much luck in general so far with natural supps. On the chemical front, Propecia certainly helped with maintenence but I couldnt stick with it because of the sides. The natural stuff I think has helped me a little, in terms of slowing it down, but cant seem to stop the progression.

bobbyv

Back to top Go down

HMR Lignans Question Empty Re: HMR Lignans Question

Post  nidhogge Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:07 am

Ainterol's Pueraria Mirifica seems to be what is replacing the Lignans. It's been doing great for everyone thus far, myself included (been on it for months, my shedding is nothing that I fret about anymore, just looking for more regrowth and thickening).

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  bobbyv Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:14 am

I've seen Pueraria Mirifica mentioned on the forum but I'm not sure what it is exactly. The only thing I've seen it advertised for is growing larger breasts, which I'm not so keen on...

bobbyv

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:20 am

bobbyv - PM Kudzu is probably going to remain the "dark horse" of hair loss solutions. From the looks of things, it maybe like an "herbal finasteride." Growing breasts is for women, it's not going to do that in men unless a male is taking female hormone therapy and has levels high enough (as in transexual).

It's tough to say about the lignans.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodThings Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:55 am

I've not experience shedding using the top 6. I'm also using HRM btw. In fact, my hair has thickened a bit. So i don't know.

GoodThings

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:58 am

For what it's worth, I've tried 7HMR twice in the past, each time I noticed thinning in the front within the first two weeks of use and discontinued. I've been on PM Kudzu now for two weeks and my hair has not started shedding at all yet. In fact, I've already noticed better facial complexion, and I believe healthier looking hair. Hoping for the best with this one...

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  2560 Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:54 am

I used for at least a year flax lignans plus IH's top 5 with temple/hair line holding were it was at.
I switched to 7HMR as a better solution over FLax and during 2008 I lost ground some what in temples
and slight thinning in hair line. Also a slight inflammation in one temple. Prox 8-10+ weeks ago I dropped 7HMR
and started at first Solgar PM, then Anterols PM for increased potency. Besides the "better skin" that PM
seems to be known for, I believe firmly at this point my temple erosion and thinning has lessened or stopped.
Also temple redness/inflammation is virtually non-existent. I have used EC for quite some time and I credit it
with regrowing a reasonable amount of velous hairs in temple, and more recently I believe due Anterols PM a slight shaft thickness improvement and rate of growth of those. Currently I use 1x500mg Anterol and 2 PM Solgars since 2x500mg seemed to be to strong for me, at least for the time being. I do not want to seem too optimistic about the PM product but I strongly believe that it is effective and at least for me has no recognized sides at least at my dosing level. I will move with time to 2x500mg fwiw. Hope that helps you.

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:26 pm

So you guys are dropping the 7HMR and adding the Pueraria Mirifica in your regimens?

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  ganny Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:46 pm

Disheartening to hear this about 7 HMR Lignans if this is indeed true. I don't want to be overly reactive and immediately stop taking it based on a few reports, but should I be adding PM as part of my main regimen? In any case it would be great to hear more opinions about HMR.

ganny

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:02 pm

I'm off 7-hmr, and on pm..

personally, I think IH and nid hit it out of the park with pm..

knock on wood>>>

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  2560 Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:21 pm

ganny wrote:Disheartening to hear this about 7 HMR Lignans if this is indeed true. I don't want to be overly reactive and immediately stop taking it based on a few reports, but should I be adding PM as part of my main regimen? In any case it would be great to hear more opinions about HMR.

Dont be disheartened over 7HMR. I believe it works great for some people, perhaps the majority.
However, as CS said in a previpus post, 7HMR seems to have mixed results. Everybodies physiology
is slightly different even if they are the same age. In my case I suspect that 7HMR may have been
the culprit, but I am not sure. As far as taking 7HMR and PM together, I believe Nidhogge does that currently and
as you know he is successful. If your not having problems with HMR, and you have been doing it awhile,
perhaps continue to stay on it and add some PM.

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:47 pm

Of course, I've had no problems with 7-HMR, but I've got only a guess or two as to why it may have mixed results.
It is known that Enterolactone levels plummet when certain antimicrobrials are taken, also one's individual flora in their intestine is quite unique and it's possible that some strains may not be as friendly or react adversely.

Enterolactone is itself is definitely a good benefit on all areas of health, so it possible that perhaps not everyone is getting adequate Enterolactone boosting from 7-HMR.

In any case, When in doubt there's always PM Kudzu. I'm currently going strong on the phospholipid experiment, so I'm going to hold off on taking PM Kudzu for a little while longer.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bobbyv Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:38 pm

I cant be sure my problems were down to HMR lignans. Like I said, I did have a stressful previous month so it could be that. I'm not sure how quickly things like stress, adverse reactions to new supplements would take to show. I was previously using flax lignans (linumlife)

On the PM front I've read that there are two types. Red and white, supposedly red for men white for women, but it sounds like for the purposes of hair loss we're purely looking at the white variety yes?

bobbyv

Back to top Go down

Post  bobbyv Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:45 pm

IH - I read something interesting yesterday, that hair loss for which the root cause is hypothyroid apparently tends to be mostly at the front and it coincides with loss of the outer third of the eyebrows. I'm not sure how accurate that is. I hadnt really looked before, but my eyebrows are thinning at the outer edges quite a bit, and I have a lot of the associated symptoms of hypothyroidism. So this may be my problem - although I'm not sure if itchy scalp would be a problem with this kind of hair loss or not (so I could be on the wrong track completely). I've read the section on the physiology page and have started taking lugols solution. How many drops should I take per day? What other supplements in the top 6 work specifically for hypothyroidism if any, and what else can be done for it? Also, are thyroid problems hereditary? I know my mother uses thyroid medication.

bobbyv

Back to top Go down

Post  Socceroo Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:19 pm

It came time to get a new order of HMR lignans and I've decided to stay away. After a year on them they haven't provided any real benefit for my hair, so I figure it would be pouring money down the drain. Interesting to see some of the ill effects it has had of diffuse thinners.

Socceroo

Back to top Go down

HMR Lignans Question Empty HMR Lignan & diffuse thinning

Post  eric Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:12 am

If this has caused thinning, whnen you stop, will you recover???

eric

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:19 am

bobbyv - Two drops per day of Lugol's is good and for additional thyroid support, this would be good.

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=6016&at=0
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:23 pm

I actually haven't reupped on the Lignans and have been off of them for a few weeks now. No discernible difference but still on the PM and everything else under the sun...including 600mg of Phosphatidylserine and 4 Lecithin tabs with every meal. I'm with IH on that phospholipid train, lol...

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:03 pm

Has anyone noticed any other benefits of 7-HMR, like increased energy levels, less inflamation or anything?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:21 am

I noticed increased energy, for less inflammation Im sticking to my garlic and aloe juice.
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down