Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Supplements For Joint/Arthritis Trouble EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Supplements For Joint/Arthritis Trouble EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Supplements For Joint/Arthritis Trouble EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Supplements For Joint/Arthritis Trouble EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Supplements For Joint/Arthritis Trouble EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Supplements For Joint/Arthritis Trouble EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Supplements For Joint/Arthritis Trouble EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Supplements For Joint/Arthritis Trouble EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Supplements For Joint/Arthritis Trouble EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Supplements For Joint/Arthritis Trouble

+4
Amaranthaceae
CausticSymmetry
chapat
Gibson
8 posters

Go down

Supplements For Joint/Arthritis Trouble Empty Supplements For Joint/Arthritis Trouble

Post  Gibson Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:03 pm

My dad visited over the weekend, and he is clearly suffering quite a bit from his hips and knees. He already has one hip replacement. And it looks like the other one is around the corner. He's always been very athletic, and he still plays tennis several times a week; however, now he said he pops 4 advils before hitting the court. Apparently, the only other thing he takes is ONE glucosamine capsule daily!

I'm getting him on Sam-e Joint by Jarrow because I have had success with it. Also, I am putting him on EC.

Any other recommendations?

Thanks.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Supplements For Joint/Arthritis Trouble Empty Re: Supplements For Joint/Arthritis Trouble

Post  chapat Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:03 pm

WOW
I posted mine and saw this at the top. LOL

chapat

Back to top Go down

Supplements For Joint/Arthritis Trouble Empty Re: Supplements For Joint/Arthritis Trouble

Post  Gibson Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:07 pm

I saw your thread, too. That's, not the first time that has happened to me here. This site has got some vibe, or something.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:07 pm

BTW--you owe me a beer.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:15 pm

Sure any time bro.

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:19 pm

Gibson - Motrin causes degeneration of cartilage. It depletes glutathione production as well.

Hyalauronic acid is excellent for adding cushion in OA cases.

NAC would be good to help restore Glutathione, as well as EC like you mentioned. EFA's, such as Krill oil would be good.

The effective dose for OA with respect to Glucosamine is 1,500 mg or 750 mg twice daily.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:38 pm

Thanks IH.

I had no idea about Ibuprophen/Motrin doing that. I personally pop them all the time. Sometimes I even pop one before yoga, and for no real justified reason.

I'm going to get my dad started on the supps. I just have to be careful not to overwhelm him with them. However, he seemed genuinely desirous to try them. Clearly, the pain is a motivating factor; however, also seeing how healthy I was I think played a major role.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:20 pm

IH--

I can't seem to find anything linking Ibuprofen to joint/cartilage degeneration. There's one study that seems to show the opposite.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Gibson - You're right! I was surprised. Whether that holds up for the long term I do not know, but I'm glad they're not as bad if that's case.

Generally Glutathione is needed to protect against cartilage, but it's definitely needed for better bone. Thanks for pointing that out.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:26 pm

Magnesium and Calcium Orotate is a must in regard to OA, in my oppinion.

5-LOXIN and Ecklonia cava to address inflammation (thats degenrates the cartilage).

I have put one woman on this regimen and she has already improved in 3 days.

She is also taking morphine, which I hope is not going to interact with any supps. So far no problem.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:01 pm

IH--

I've found that of all the OTC painkillers ibuprofen does the least harm: the lesser of the evils. I get pretty tweaked from aspirin, tylenol, and that other one that starts with an "n."
I can tolerate ibuprofen pretty well. Also, a co-worker with a kidney transplant said that it does the least harm to the kidneys; no doubt it is still bad.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:18 pm

Gibson - That's quite a relief to know. Tell ya one thing, I any time I pop an Excedrin, which is pretty rare, I'll take an NAC just to prevent some damage.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abhi Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:08 pm

My mom is in the early stages of osteoarthritis and this thread is a huge help for me to decide on her supplements. She was given rabeprazole sodium -20,Etoricoxib-90 tabs & esterified fatty acid complex for her condition.
I researched a little bit on the net and found out that rabeprazole is given in conjunction with a cox-2 inhibitor because of the acid reflux and other esophageal issues you get when you ingest cox-2 inhibitors. I don't want my mom to continue with these drugs. Esterified fatty acids seem to have a positive effect on OR and they seem pretty safe too.

CS, Do you have any experience with Esterified FAs?

I have decided to give her a few things which might help her:-
Boswellia serrata
omega 3 fatty acid caps
esterified fatty acid complex
ground flaxseeds
Ground methi seeds
Vitamin D3, magnesium and calcium combo
Glucosamine & chondroitin sulphate caps

Any tweaking required in the above supplements?
Also anything else which might be of help?

Thanks
Abhi
Abhi

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:21 am

Abhi - Very often the other condition is exacerbating the new condition, yet a drug given for the new condition will only worsen one or the other or both.

There's a few threads on this forum on acid reflux if you can find them should be some information on how to fix that.

For the OA, definitely have her take Hyaluronic acid, this is highly successful for this.

With that Vitamin D3, magnesium and calcium combo she probably needs more vitamin D that what is being offered on the label.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:45 am

If all else fails, the Ultimate Zapper works extremely well for arthritis http://zap.intergate.ca/

You don't need the footpads, IME.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Abhi Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:35 pm

jdp710 wrote:If all else fails, the Ultimate Zapper works extremely well for arthritis http://zap.intergate.ca/

Wow!!! I didn't know something like this existed. Will advise mom to try it out but only if all else fails. Wink
Abhi
Abhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Abhi Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:48 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Abhi - Very often the other condition is exacerbating the new condition, yet a drug given for the new condition will only worsen one or the other or both.

There's a few threads on this forum on acid reflux if you can find them should be some information on how to fix that.

For the OA, definitely have her take Hyaluronic acid, this is highly successful for this.

With that Vitamin D3, magnesium and calcium combo she probably needs more vitamin D that what is being offered on the label.

Yea, that's why I don't think she should be put on a cox-2 inhibitor. Better try with supplements first. If this does not work I will think about the cox-2 inhibitors.
Nobody in our family eats meat or fish so I don't think it would be possible to give her Hyaluronic acid. Maybe in a supplemental form.
Yea vitamin d in the combo won't be optimum but I will try to give her additional vitamin d supplements too.
Abhi
Abhi

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:56 am

Gibson, My sources tell me otherwise - Tylenol (acetamminophen, or however it is spelled) is benign(er) byitelf than Ibuprofen (motrin) on liver and other organs. When my mom was taking this for hir joint pains, she caould take much more tylenol w/o disrupting her ulcers, etc - Ibuprofen on the other hand was a big no no. Even in regular use, you will find that acitamenphen is milder in effect that Ibuprofen (same strength) - atleast that is what I have always observed.

Having spoken to many doctors, the consensus is that Tylenol is lesser of the eveil when compared with Ibuprofen - you will find more of this in children meds than hard core Ibuprofen. I never take pain killers, I just ride the headache (if I ever get it) - if I must take something it is tylenol, not Ibuprofen.

Gibson wrote:IH--

I've found that of all the OTC painkillers ibuprofen does the least harm: the lesser of the evils. I get pretty tweaked from aspirin, tylenol, and that other one that starts with an "n."
I can tolerate ibuprofen pretty well. Also, a co-worker with a kidney transplant said that it does the least harm to the kidneys; no doubt it is still bad.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:41 am

Abhi - If they do not eat meat or fish, it certainty could increase arthritis in some people. In some a very low cholesterol and low Vitamin D together could mean inflammation. There is a supplement form of hyaluronic acid that does not come from animal sources if this is an issue. Taking supplemental Vitamin D would probably be useful as well. Nightshade vegetables is something to try avoiding for two weeks to see if this makes a difference also. Nightshades include potatoes, Bell peppers and tomatoes, but there are some others.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abhi Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:24 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Abhi - If they do not eat meat or fish, it certainty could increase arthritis in some people. In some a very low cholesterol and low Vitamin D together could mean inflammation. There is a supplement form of hyaluronic acid that does not come from animal sources if this is an issue. Taking supplemental Vitamin D would probably be useful as well. Nightshade vegetables is something to try avoiding for two weeks to see if this makes a difference also. Nightshades include potatoes, Bell peppers and tomatoes, but there are some others.

Thanks IH, I will definitely look into that hyaluronic acid supplement from non-animal sources.
Wow!! It's funny you mention about the nightshades. We actually do eat a lot of these veggies...almost on a daily basis. Shocked
Will give you an update after 2 weeks on my Mom's condition. Will avoid the nightshade veggies as much as possible. Smile
Abhi
Abhi

Back to top Go down

Post  curt504 Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:59 pm

jdp710 wrote:If all else fails, the Ultimate Zapper works extremely well for arthritis http://zap.intergate.ca/

Have you had success with the zapper or a riff machine with OA?

tnx curt

curt504

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:14 am

Hey curt,

Yes, I had her taking almost everything you can think of. Everything seemed to help but nothing seemed to "completely" stop progression and pain.

I researched all the zappers on the market and decided to buy the Ultimate Zapper as it appears to be one of the more powerful ones that's the most versatile.

Well, in short this is the best thing that has worked for her in the past 10 years of experimenting. I'd recommend to try all the other supplements like hyaluronic acid first. If still having problems try the Ultimate Zapper ... has a 3 month trial offer.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down