Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
What to eat (Originally from the other forum) EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What to eat (Originally from the other forum) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What to eat (Originally from the other forum) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What to eat (Originally from the other forum) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What to eat (Originally from the other forum) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What to eat (Originally from the other forum) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What to eat (Originally from the other forum) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What to eat (Originally from the other forum) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
What to eat (Originally from the other forum) EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What to eat (Originally from the other forum)

+2
Misirlou
CausticSymmetry
6 posters

Go down

What to eat (Originally from the other forum) Empty What to eat (Originally from the other forum)

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:53 am

dreamz79 5 days ago
anonymous

I would really love to perfect my diet. I just don't know what to eat most of the time. Breakfast i'm set with 3 eggs scrambled with broccli and spinich every day. But when it comes to lunch, snack, dinner, snack, late night dinner, I have no clue what I should be eating. To many fruits = to much sugar, I try to eat at least two a day. I wish someone who is really knowlegeable about foods that impact hairloss could write up a solid food chart the rest of us can follow. It's difficult to come up with good rounded meals when you have to eat 4-5 times a day to gain weight and maintain a bodybuilding physique. I already have an extremely hard time gaining weight, my metabolism is super fast, I can eat 5,000 calories per day for a month and only gain 2 or 3 pounds. Now since being scared of most foods because of their impact on hairloss I find myself skipping meals, especially since I don't make my own meals. I still rely on good old moms and grandma's cooking which tastes great and fills you up, but kills the hair.. what to do what to do....

Gibson
anonymous

dreamz--
I think there are a ton of guys in your boat. Since I bulk up quickly, it hadn't occurred to me until not so long ago that many men are trying to put on weight. To date, i have met two people who limit their yoga practice cause they said it makes them too skinny. A glimpse into a vitaminshoppe reveals a host of products for men interested in bulking up.

If i remember correctly, haven't had it in a while, quinoa should help you put on weight with little impact on insulin and candida.

http://www.bodyecology.com/07/04/12/quinoa_benefits_guide.php

habibalex

caustic, what oils do you recommend cooking with?

causticsymmetry 4 days ago

habibalex - For cooking, sautéing with olive oil, which is a neutral monosaturated fat (omega-9) at low temperatures. Butter is also good to use. (Avoid margarine).

For frying, coconut oil is excellent. There's also red palm oil, but the taste might be questionable. Of course not everyone likes coconut oil either. Always avoid cooking with polyunsaturated oils if you can, these are highly unstable and increase 5-alpha reductase.

misirlou 2 days ago

I. Okey, I will start with OMEGA-3 capsules. From which fish is best?
II. Which plant/sea based antioxidants are recommended?
III. I should avoid past.milk at any cost? Even if it is from grass fed cows?
IV. I will think about the yoga, but I dont think we have anything like that around here
VII. I'm avoiding milk and bread now. What the hell can I eat for breakfast? I realize how
much milk and bread I ate..always, every day several times.
VIII. Would crisp bread be good or bad? I know Operah recommended it, lot's of fiber and nothing close to white bread.
IX. Are all kinds of bread unacceptable? Even dark ones with a lot of corns etc?
X. So butter is FINE to eat?

misirlou 2 days ago

L. I need some kind of herb to increase my wellbeing and energy (cannabis anyone?), through out the day. What can I use?

CM. Finally, I have a list of foods. I would like to know from causticsummetry if I should eat it or leave it.

Pasta/Lasagne ?
Vietnamese foods?
Pork meat?
Raw/cooked potatoes?
Sea foods?
Tortilla/taco foods?
Rice (which kind is best, brown?)

Expect from MILK and BREAD, anything else I should avoid at any cost?

I've been doing this new "diet" (no milk, no soft bread) for two days, and what can I say, I've been hungry ever since

causticsymmetry 2 days ago

misirlou - Grass-fed milk is the kind you want, but it does have to be Raw. However, just about all the grass-fed milk is usually raw. It's just hard to find.

Butter is A-OK, nothing wrong with it at all. I could fill the page on why, but I'll leave it at that.

All the supplements that are recommended are on the regimen page.

What's okay to eat? Eggs, meat (any kind). If you eat any grains, try to go for whole grains, but it's best to keep that on limited. Rice is okay in small amounts.

Sourdough bread, provided there is no yeast to make it, is safe to use.

Pastas should be avoided as much as possible.

misirlou 2 days ago

What about oatmeal porridge, is that fine to eat? Would give me enough fibers.

When it comes to meats, I've heard that some types really pollutes the body and that fish is the best kind of meat to eat.

Wouldn't raw milk contain a bunch of unhealthy things? Or is it perfectly pure since their has been no bad stuff in the cowfood?

Damn it, I love pasta Any kind of pasta that is "ok"? I noticed that they have some kind of whole grain pasta as well.

Pizza is out of the question, I guess? Even if the bread is whole grain?

Again, a herb to make me fell better or at least more ambitious, I don't are if it's classified as a drug. Hit me!

Do you guys have any recommendations to give concerning skincare? roll

Rob 2 days ago
anonymous

Hi there,

I have a question about diet. How do noodles fair? are they as bad as pasta?

Thanks

causticsymmetry 1 day ago

misirlou - Rolled oats have trace amounts of mycotoxins, so that makes it better.

Regular Porridge has a small amount, so the impact on blood sugar is medium. You could probably get away with eating it.

The quality of meat that is eaten, how it is cooked makes a difference on the toxicity factor. Grass-fed meat contains virtually no E. Coli, is loaded in Omega-3 fatty acids, and if cooked at less than medium, still retains all the necessary B-vitamins to keep homocysteine at bay.

Raw Milk is not unhealthy, but it has been put into question about the government for quite some time.
There is a sharp contrast between those who drink pasteurized milk and those who drink raw, grass-fed milk.

In short, pasteurized milk = disease, raw, grass-fed equals health. Check out the testimonies of some raw milk drinkers here to get an idea.

http://www.organicpastures.com/testimonials.html

misirlou - Pizza is one of my favorite "bad" foods and I'll eat it regularly, but anytime you eat junk, just make sure to take the supplements before eating.

The absolute worst foods are alcohol, breads, pastas, cereals and pasteurized milk.

As far as skin care goes, the regimen automatically helps with that. Ecklonia Cava is profoundly good for the skin, as it inhibits a collagen degrading enzyme in the skin. It will help prevent wrinkles in a very powerful way.

Rob - A lot of noodles, including the instant have a moderate rating, they may not be so bad, depending on the type. It's worth a try.

nidhogge 1 day ago

Pasta/Lasagne ?

Nope, stay away.

Vietnamese foods?

For the most part, Vietnamese rely on frying, pork, and greasy foods, often topped off with the deadly MSG. Stay away.

Pork meat?

Stay away from all Pork. Shitty-quality meat not meant to be consumed.

Raw/cooked potatoes?

Not bad, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat.

Sea foods?

Anything free of mercury.

Tortilla/taco foods?

Stay away.

Rice (which kind is best, brown?)

White has a bad rap--Asian steamed rice is fine for you. Brown can be estrogenic if too much is consumed. However, rice is still a carb, and it shouldn't be a large portion of any meal. Your large portions ought to be veggies and a good-quality meat that is not overcooked. Eggs are the best option.

Rob 1 day ago
anonymous

Thanks, perhaps egg noodles are the best way to go.

misirlou 1 day ago

Okey, are all rolled oats like this? Im not american so perhaps the food
in my country is better regulated? Not just thinking of oats, in general I mean.

How could noodles be OK if pasta is a NO GO?

Raw milk seems impossible to get here, at least now. 75 years ago it was everywhere,
I wonder why it all changed.

What does "cocked at less then medium" mean? The more bloody the better? Or half-raw?

Pizza and Tacos are my favorite "bad" foods. I could not drop either of them, but surely
the intact can be reduced to perhaps 2-3 times a month.

I use a rice called "Basmati" - is that OK?

NIDHOGGE: You say I should stay away from Vietcong food Tell me, what is MSG?

And finally, one important question: Could I take all the supplements recommended
by Immortalhair and throw them into my blender and the chew/swallow everything?
Taking 10-20 pills every day will be close to impossible for me.

nidhogge 1 day ago

Rob--

Egg noodles are great!

Misirlou--

I have no idea about the difference between noodles and pasta, however, egg noodles are fine (as Rob suggested).

Yes--the more bloody, the better. This only applies to grass-fed meat--not the kind that is loaded with hormones and antibiotics in the supermarket.

Pizza/Tacos at 2-3 times a month is perfectly fine.

I have no idea what Basmati is, but if it's a good whole grain rice, I'm sure it's fine. Just don't overdo it...it's easy to eat more than a serving of carbs. For example, people usually have big plates of pasta when they make it when it should be probably 1/6th of that size on your plate.

Vietnamese food is often fried and greasy. Vietnamese aren't known for their healthy diets like the Japanese are. MSG is a chemical additive used somewhat universally in Asian food that acts as a taste enhancer. It's atrocious for your health.

You don't need to throw the pills in a blender--just open them up, and dump the contents into water. Taking pills is incredibly easy as well, just start off slow and you'll eventually be able to swallow about 20 at a time, like me.

misirlou 3 hours ago

Egg noodles it is then!

I would also need a recommendation for something healthy I can eat almost everyday as an addition. You say no to pasta, yes to Rice (sometimes) and yes to potatoes. I need someting else then this, that will fill my plate but still is healthy, and this is beyond vegs.

Any tips?

Two more questions! Has anyone heard of crispbread? Or ryebread? Operah talked about it and really recommended it, that fat cow! Is it any good? Right now it is the only "bread" I eat. (this is what I Mean: http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/ICN/ICN205/crisp-bread_~F0014531.jpg )

About the sourdough bread, I will get plenty of that, but how is it possible not to bake a bread without yeast? I don't get it?!!?!!!!!!!!!!?!?!!? And yeast is WORST of them all, right?

One, one more. Do we really know that Monosodium glutamate (MSG) is that bad? According to Wikipedia it was invented in Japan, wouldn't it be logic to assume that even japanease food contains this taste enhancer?
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

What to eat (Originally from the other forum) Empty Re: What to eat (Originally from the other forum)

Post  Misirlou Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:55 am

....waiting for more answers Basketball

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

What to eat (Originally from the other forum) Empty Re: What to eat (Originally from the other forum)

Post  nidhogge Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:07 am

It is possible to make bread without yeast by using organic wheat flour, and letting it rise naturally. This takes 8-10 hours of sitting out, I believe. It's all described in the FAQ section found here:

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.pacificbakery.com/faq.htm&sa=X&oi=smap&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=4&usg=AFQjCNGB4LRxdWiHgdW8L7GqcLQzxtwn2w

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:03 am

nidhogge - Great link
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:35 am

Nighogge-
Just got a bunch of organic eggs what did you say you mix them with again. Thanks

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:55 am

Okey, what kind of ingredients would be suitable in such bread except for the flour?

I mean, didn't a lot of the traditional ingrediens in bread etc have mycotoxins etc? Like wheat? (grains). Or what the germans calls "Dinkel" - should be healthy.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:02 am

I just read that it is possible to make bread without yeast or baking powder, instead they use olive oil. That sounds almost too healthy. It is some kind of traditional balkan bread.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:38 am

Misirlou--

Just read the link that I provided! Like IH said, great link! Very Happy

Chapat--

Do you have some protein powder? I recommend www.nutrabio.com all the time, in particular, their Whey Isolate (99% Lactose-free). Their flavors are the best on the market, IMO. Just one scoop is fine.

Also, you can blend in berries or another fruit of your choice, don't even really need water as eggs have tons of water in them. Organic Yogurt can be blended in as well. Also, I recommend blending in Ice as it's even better when it's cool and not warm. You can throw in Agave Nectar or another form of healthy sweetener instead of the protein scoop as well!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:47 am

okey, I've read it cheers

Now where is my bread? bounce

I will try to source for local bakeries that could produce something similar, the problem is, they need to be yeast-free, as the article states affraid

Let's try one more silly icon rendeer

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  EIC Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:15 am

By now, most of you know that I advocate a balanced approach to eating. In my opinion, selection of types is secondary to balance in one's diet. Balance is achieved by starting with protein, combining some starch, some good fats (saturated and/or monounsaturated), and some non-starchy veggies.

After that, do not think in food types as much as quality. So, for example, milk is okay so long as it is raw and grass-fed. Meat (and use this to refer to chicken, lamb, beef, etc.) is good so long as it is pastured and grass finished. Fish so long as they are not too high in the food chain, are wild caught, and come from deep, open waters (as opposed to lakes and streams).

In my opinion, the first step (balance) is key. If you had to pick one, that would be the one. But most of us can and should do both. When you do, the results are pretty incredible. I am healing myself from extreme forms of eating by returning to balance.

In general, you will find these ideas in a book called The Schwarzbein Principle. Diana Schwarzbein is an endocrinologist who has studied the role that diet plays in balancing hormones. As you know, hair loss is a symptom of an unhealthy body and our bodies become unhealthy primarily because of a hormone imbalance. Indeed, I will go so far as to say that everything our culture views as superficially "unattractive" is a manifestation of some underlying health problem, usually hormonally related. The problems almost always stem from an oversecretion of insulin. Schwarzbein has identified simple steps that we can take to re-balance our hormones.

Much of her advice parallels what we already know (i.e., reduce stress hormones by getting rest, not overexercising, avoiding stimulants, etc.), but I think her advice on diet would be most helpful to a lot of the guys here.

EIC

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:39 am

IH--

Guess my bread came in on the 10th, but I wasn't here to get it. Found a letter lying on the table inside saying to pick it up...tomorrow i guess!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  stevebucknor1 Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:27 pm

I would really love to perfect my diet. I just don't know what to eat most of the time. Breakfast i'm set with 3 eggs scrambled with broccli and spinich every day. But when it comes to lunch, snack, dinner, snack, late night dinner, I have no clue what I should be eating. This is really amazing.

stevebucknor1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down