Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 4 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 4 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony?

+34
vatansever223
GreenPower
lostwind
Balthier
tooyoung
teacup
medohat
ezmbh
redhead
Serge
iluvhair
mikeone
j87x
NoGravity
zerx
Whip
edony
hapyman
Amaranthaceae
huli
nidhogge
angstman
Abhi
ubraj
thelibrarian
Warren
tommmash
gonzalito
DirtyHairy
Ryan
Misirlou
NrwgnKID
CausticSymmetry
Crusher
38 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's the verdict?

Post  Crusher Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:53 pm

ezmbh,

I'm still using homemaded kefir (since August 2009). It's the best stuff, remedy etc. I
ever used to combat hair loss.
One of the reasons - may be the main reason - losing hair
is the bacterial imbalance on the scalp. Kefir seems to be able to
(re)prepare the bacterial balance on the scalp.

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 4 Empty Re: Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony?

Post  ezmbh Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:10 am

Crusher wrote:ezmbh,

I'm still using homemaded kefir (since August 2009). It's the best stuff, remedy etc. I
ever used to combat hair loss.
One of the reasons - may be the main reason - losing hair
is the bacterial imbalance on the scalp. Kefir seems to be able to
(re)prepare the bacterial balance on the scalp.

Crusher, thanks for your feedback!
Anyone else who cares to share their experience with topical kefir please leave a reply.
Thanks

ezmbh

Back to top Go down

Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 4 Empty Re: Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony?

Post  teacup Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:39 am

tommmash, gonzalito, thelibrarian, huli, Serge, Dave228 - how is it going?
hapyman, edony, cpio - did you experiment with kefir?
nidhogge - have you used kefir + stinging nettle + agrimony and how's that going?

anyone else used agrimony?

It appears Crusher has seen positive results. I'm jumping on this, I am waiting for my grains and am getting raw milk today, should apply topically next weekend. I'll report back!

teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:33 am

teacup - how did using the kefir go?

Does anyone know if this shop looks good enough:

http://www.kefirshop.co.uk/shop.htm

Do I get water kefir or milk grain kefir?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:21 am

If you get water kefir it is more convenient to apply topically as you could just put some in a spray bottle and it wont stink like milk kefir.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:58 pm

j87x wrote:If you get water kefir it is more convenient to apply topically as you could just put some in a spray bottle and it wont stink like milk kefir.

I have not yet applied it topically.

How do we know if water kefir is any good? it doesn't have any of the nutrients that milk has.

How does water kefir taste? is it like Kumbocha.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:41 am

I am thinking about applying topically and drinking as well. Is the milk kefir the best to get for that? I'll just wash my hair a lot to get the smell out.

Does anyone know if the site I posted will be good enough? Are all kefir grains as effective?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:24 am

tooyoung wrote:I am thinking about applying topically and drinking as well. Is the milk kefir the best to get for that? I'll just wash my hair a lot to get the smell out.

Does anyone know if the site I posted will be good enough? Are all kefir grains as effective?

I think the site looks good Smile i got my kefir grains from Kefir lady here in the US and they are doing just fine, they are growing very fast and she has responded to my questions promptly.

I am drinking kefir one day and I drink ACV the other day, so i alternate since both drinking kefir and ACV is good.

I am writing now while my head is wrapped with a towel, I applied a mixture of kefir, raw egg, and some lavendar oil (i have this so i used it).. in the future I will add more to this recipe and leave it over night. It does not smell bad on my head now as all i can smell is the lavendar.. maybe when I wash the kefir smell will be apparent But in general mixxing in a good oil with a pleasant smell can help if not totally cover up any other smells!

Are all kefir grains as effective? good question, I don't know! I dont know if anyone really knows, it depends on what bacteria and yeast are in it, but if it is growing and if the kefir smells and taste right then it's good enough for me.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:05 pm

I have a feeling that adding stuff to the kefir would be detrimental rather than it helping.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:18 pm

zerx wrote:I have a feeling that adding stuff to the kefir would be detrimental rather than it helping.

It may be. I don't know if we know "what it is about kefir" exactly that is good .. is it the bacteria and yeast, the nutrients or the slight acidity?

Topical ACV is also good, I wonder if it's good topically for the same reasons kefir is scratch

I washed off my topical after 4hrs and it washed out easily.. I rinsed with ACV, then applied some oils I use as conditioner.. no issues with any smell from the kefir or raw egg.

In the future I'd like to add other things, like castor oil, burdock root oil, and clove oil (acts like finasteride, blocking the conversion of testosterone to DHT) and coffee. In this case we are using kefir as the carrier medium rather than jojoba or emu oils. Will it improve on the benefits from kefir or render kefir useless, that's the question!! confused
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:31 pm

I don't know how kefir works either and I'm not sure if anyone really does. But it was just a hunch on my part that other things might contaminate the kefir and make it less effective. At this point it's really about what my instincts tell me is the right way to go; upto when we get clear information about how it works topically.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusher Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:39 am

teacup,

(in my opinion) you'll get the best results when applying pure topical kefir.
Especially when your scalp is affected with dandruffs/itching.

Comparing kefir/acv. No doubt, acv is beneficial but kefir is superior.
Used acv - a lot of acv-variants, for example the 'waseda-sophora mix'. If someone is
interested here a very old link, use the search function => http://www.hairsite2.com/waseda/summary/zo.htm -
for a long time.
Acv isn't able to crack the dandruff plaques on the scalp, kefir does.
As many times guessed before, kefir seems to have the property to rebalance
the bacterial imbalance on the scalp.

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:52 am

Perhaps then I shall apply kefir alone. Then rotate that with another application of topical made of a mix of things like egg, and some oils, or perhaps mud and some oils (like scalpure).
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:16 pm

are you using raw milk crusher I would use raw,but can't get any thanks to Gov. Doyle I can't. I live in WI and he vetoed a bill earlier this year preventing sale of raw milk Evil or Very Mad Will pasteurized milk still have the same effect I would imagine it would have close to the same amount of bacteria present after fermentation? I could use water kefir which i make occasionally, but i'd imagine with the sugar the grains feed on it would get very sticky.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusher Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:51 pm

Balthier,

I'm using homogenized milk.
As far as I know you can also use raw milk.

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  lostwind Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:15 pm

Crusher wrote:Balthier,

I'm using homogenized milk.
As far as I know you can also use raw milk.

Interesting to see if water keffir works the same way... how are you keeping up applying it? the smell doesnt annoy you? Very Happy

lostwind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Nidhogge -

Did you ever get round to implementing agrimony oil into the kefir regimen? How did it go?

Does anyone have any good ways to get rid of the smell after its applied?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:35 am

alright giving this is a shot pretty cheap abut 2 something for regular kefir to try considering it will last a while I'm guessing a month about do you only put it in affected areas,or all over your head.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 am

To say how bad pasteurised milk is for hair, if I am making kefir with pasteurised milk, is it still bad for hair? I assumed I could get raw milk in my country but it seems I can't.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  lostwind Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:00 pm

hey guys, kinda out of topic here, but i've heard that egg yolk is good for hair..and stopping loss..did anyone hear about this?

lostwind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:47 am

lostwind - I remember someone mentioning they were using raw egg amongst other things as a topical, I'm not sure how effective it is though.

Any response to whether pasteurised milk that makes kefir is alright for hair?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:50 am

tooyoung wrote:lostwind - I remember someone mentioning they were using raw egg amongst other things as a topical, I'm not sure how effective it is though.

Any response to whether pasteurised milk that makes kefir is alright for hair?

If you can't get raw grass-fed milk then go for organic grass-fed pasteurized, next is organic non-grass-fed pasteurized, I'd avoid ultra pasteurized no matter where it came from.

if the kefir smells, looks and tastes good I'd say it's working. I am not an expert on kefir myself...I was using raw goat milk + pasteurized goat milk.. and recently switched to raw cow milk but the grains are still adjusting so I'm not happy with the kefir I'm getting from the grains for now..
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:09 am

teacup - What country are you from? I can get pasteurised whole goats milk. But its all homogenised, doesn't the milk need to be non homogenised?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:46 am

tooyoung wrote:teacup - What country are you from? I can get pasteurised whole goats milk. But its all homogenised, doesn't the milk need to be non homogenised?

1- USA, MN -- you can get raw milk from a farm, not a store... lots going on by the govt to stop my right to drink whatever milk i want to here in MN.

2- I don't know the answer to homogenization. It's better to avoid it, but if that's all the milk one can find then it's better than having no kefir, as long as the milk is not ultra pasteurized.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenPower Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:37 am

How many of you guys leave it on over night? If not then for how long?

The kefir dries up pretty fast on my head. Is it dead or alive when its dried up on my scalp?

GreenPower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next