Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 5 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 5 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 5 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 5 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 5 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 5 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony?

+34
vatansever223
GreenPower
lostwind
Balthier
tooyoung
teacup
medohat
ezmbh
redhead
Serge
iluvhair
mikeone
j87x
NoGravity
zerx
Whip
edony
hapyman
Amaranthaceae
huli
nidhogge
angstman
Abhi
ubraj
thelibrarian
Warren
tommmash
gonzalito
DirtyHairy
Ryan
Misirlou
NrwgnKID
CausticSymmetry
Crusher
38 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 5 Empty Re: Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony?

Post  Crusher Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:53 am

GreenPower,

both is possible

- over night => your scalp/hair is rather dry the next morning (the kefir absorbed
sebum and greasiness; in my opinion the better option)

- for one or two hours => your scalp/hair looks a little bit greasy after washing.

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 5 Empty Re: Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony?

Post  tooyoung Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:39 am

After fermenting, the grains have lots of white gunky stuff on them, do I avoid consuming or putting that on my head or doesn't it really matter?

Is there anything I can do to get rid of the smell quicker and easier?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenPower Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:50 am

tooyoung wrote:After fermenting, the grains have lots of white gunky stuff on them, do I avoid consuming or putting that on my head or doesn't it really matter?

Is there anything I can do to get rid of the smell quicker and easier?

Throw those grains back in the jar again and fill it up with milk again. Kefir is a living organism and it needs to be taken care of. Don't put the grains on your head just the kefir milk. The grains are suppose to be sticky (i'm pretty sure, some one correct me if i'm wrong) after a jar of kefir is made. You know your kefir is healthy when it floats on top of the milk and doesn't stay at the bottom.

As for the smell, um I don't really have a problem. I actually just wash it off with water, in a bath tub, not a shower. So i can't really help you there

GreenPower

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:34 am

Right, so the white clumpy stuff that collects around the grains I got is beneficial? I've been washing them off with milk every night and then putting them back in the jar. Should I leave it all on?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  vatansever223 Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:42 pm

Interesting! I make tons of kefir so I will try this out.

Prom Dresses
fast weight loss remedies

vatansever223

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:14 am

Just rinsed my hair with water after apply kefir topically for the first time.

It smells horrible, smells a bit like vomit. My hair looks a bit drier than usual. My hairs quite long so the smell is still lingering, need to wash with some shampoo now to try get the smell out.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:00 pm

Milk kefir? I wrote about this and kombucha rinse a while back, the experience. At least it's not your own pee on your head. Did that already. Sweet!

"Gee, your hair smells like vomit." Try apple cider, the stinky smell with kill off the vomit smell.

What about water kefir mate?

Cheers.

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:27 am

Haha, I've tried then whole pee on head thing as well, I prefer it to kefir, no lingering smell, I never do it though.

Yeah, the milk kefir has apparently more nutrients than the water, I'll just stick to using the milk version.

I have been planning on getting some ACV, do you use it with or after the kefir?

You said you wrote about your experiences with topical kefir? How did it go?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenPower Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:02 am

How many of you are using raw milk to make kefir? I bought raw milk for the first time and it behaves different than pasteurized milk. Can anyone tell me what that thick yellow floating on top of the milk is? Is it butter? or whey (i don't think so)?

Another note, it takes way longer to make kefir with raw milk than pasteurized, anyone else experiencing this??

Also, I don't know how many of you know that prague got regrowth using probiotics on his head right? Papain topically? Wouldn't kefir do the same thing but be way more effective because of its large count of bacteria? So Kefir > Papain? or am I wrong?

GreenPower

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenPower Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:09 am

scratch that, papain is an enzyme and kefir is a probiotic. Maybe mixing them together would give results?

GreenPower

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:12 am

tooyoung wrote:Haha, I've tried then whole pee on head thing as well, I prefer it to kefir, no lingering smell, I never do it though.
Yeah, the milk kefir has apparently more nutrients than the water, I'll just stick to using the milk version.
I have been planning on getting some ACV, do you use it with or after the kefir?
You said you wrote about your experiences with topical kefir? How did it go?
I'd like to think that the milk/water kefir works topically, but I don't know. Internally might be better. Has anyone had major thickening/regrowth/darkening from it? Dunno.

ACV is really just a rinse with potassium and nutrients in it. It won't work forever though. ACV will probably get rid of the kefir smell though, and there should be no problems from doing that.

http://www.kefir.biz/why.htm
Kefir Douche
A women asked me to publish following helpful use of Kefir to help many others with this simple application:
Use Kefir as a douche for instant relief from the maddening irritation of thrush.
http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~dna/kefir-faq.html
Natural Hair Wash and Anti-Dandruff Treatment
Using kefir-whey to wash hair is absolutely magic, leaving the hair feeling silky, strong and healthy! Use dilute kefir-whey 50/50 with warm water. Wash the hair well for about 1 minute. This is performed twice then followed by rinsing with clear water. For an anti-dandruff treatment, leave the solution in for about 10 minutes before rinsing. One may also perform a final wash with a gentle mild shampoo to remove any kefir odour ... you soft kefir baby-smelly head you.

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:33 am

Howcome ACV wouldn't work forever?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:55 am

As a topical for hairloss I meant. Internal with ACV you're good tho. What really does work forever topically for hairloss? You may notice a cosmetic benefit to scalp hair texture while you're young using topical ACV.

For me, it was good for a few years, once hair degraded it didn't do as much on top obviously. Everyone here has tried many, many things over the years. But party on while you can young man!

Forever Is Our Today

Regrowth with topical Kefir and Agrimony? - Page 5 Freddy-mercury-1

http://catedral.weblog.com.pt/arquivo/157789

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:13 am

I'm sorry to bump this, but kefir may be huge in us with MPB! For those who are still using it topically, wouldn't it be better to use a kefir shampoo? Where would you even buy kefir in general. I'm too clueless about anything kitchen in general so I would much rather just pay whatever money to buy this in final form.

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueGround Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:38 am

It's a good bump. More and more evidence and conversation points toward bacterial imbalance leading to many conditions, including hair loss. My cousin is a microbiologist and has dedicated a lot to the science since high school. He and his team just got published and the premise of their literature was how gut bacteria can completely change your entire body's chemistry profile. I'm going to hit him up this weekend for the highlights of his work..

Also, I was listening a radio episode of The Bald Truth a while back, which I rarely do. Anyways there was a doctor that came on who is working on a product that uses beneficial bacteria as a topical application to eradicate acne. Since research seems to show acne and MPB pathways to be very similar, this could be significant for the not-too-calcified follicle!

CS,

I'm assuming like everything, there is a healthy balance to be struck when it comes to skin bacteria, yes? I own a water ionizer and have always wondered if soaking my head in 2.5ph water (strong antibacterial, but physically gentle on the skin) would yield some kind of benefit. Or would we be doing more harm than good by eradicating ALL bacteria in the scalp?

TrueGround

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:26 am

All right so how would we go about acquiring some kefir? I have no interest in topical applications since I'm positive that my problems are internal - I rather have kefir doing its work on the inside and eventually it will fix my MPB situation. I also have no interest in mixing anything. If there is a reputable company who makes money off of such business, what are they and where do I send my money?

moby

Back to top Go down

Post  Lw Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:24 am

About scalp bacteria homeostasis, I tried sauerkraut juice and brottrunks topically. Stinks like hell but not sure about any positive effect.

If anyone is giving a try with kefir, please share and update your experience.

Lw

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:01 am

moby wrote:All right so how would we go about acquiring some kefir? I have no interest in topical applications since I'm positive that my problems are internal - I rather have kefir doing its work on the inside and eventually it will fix my MPB situation.

Moby, this entire thread was about topical use, not internal.

Kefir is a good probiotic, but if you think ingesting it daily is going to "fix" your MPB I worry you are setting yourself up for failure.

No doubt you will probably see some benefits digestion-wise, so I'd say look online to buy some grains or find a retailer near you. Don't use the big branded "kefir" drinks or "qeuphor" that are really just drinkable yogurt, you want the real fermented stuff. Also, start slow as too much kefir too soon can lead to well, let's just say explosive anal evacuation...

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:41 am

Have to disagree. MPB is internal problem isn't it? Something starts on the inside before it moves onto the skin and then follicles. Using kefir topically wouldn't really fix the main problem. Yes, I would like to optimize my gut to the max. There are no kefir shops near where I live - it's walmart land over here. Making my own kefir is not really an option since I'm a noob. Why is there no market for kefir?

moby

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:04 am

Yes, MPB is an internal issue, but everyone has been on this thread about the improvements that kefir makes as a topical. Yeah it'll help your bacteria in your gut, but the bacteria in your gut is not that same as those on your head - meaning, just because it is effective as a topical doesn't mean it will do the same internally. Otherwise people would be drinking minoxidil, the topical solution.

But I'm a fan of kefir, again I just don't want you to put all your eggs in the probiotic basket. I think you could find grains you could buy by mail no problem, just do a google search. It's not hard to make, you just have to commit to moving it and monitoring it.

Best of luck with it!

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5