Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
asthma advice EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
asthma advice EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
asthma advice EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
asthma advice EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
asthma advice EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
asthma advice EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
asthma advice EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
asthma advice EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
asthma advice EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

asthma advice

5 posters

Go down

asthma advice Empty asthma advice

Post  ataman Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:50 am

Hi all,

Sorry, a bit off-topic but hopefully you'll have some advice. My wife has developed asthma in the last 3 years or so. In this time she has gone from having a perfectly healthy set of lungs, to quite bad asthma. She doesn't have many attacks, but recently has been wheezing almost constantly. She has a full set of inhalers and also takes the drug Singulair. When its bad, she also sometimes takes steroids to clear things up.

In addition to this, she seems to have developed an intolerance to almost every food imaginable. Definitely wheat and dairy, but also apparently a whole host of other things.

We have good doctors here, but their solution to the worsening asthma is always to prescribe something different or additonal. Regarding the food intolerance, they seem to have very little idea what to do.

So the question is, what can I do about this? She's pretty disorganised but I've recently got her taking 2000mg of fish oil, and a high Vit C + B Vits supplement in the mornings. I am also thinking about starting her on Curcumin and Boswellia, since these are both supposed to be good for asthma, and safe herbs to take longer term.

But...I ain't no doctor and asthma is a serious thing to mess around with. Does anyone have any opinions on / experience of this? CS?

ataman

Back to top Go down

asthma advice Empty Re: asthma advice

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:36 am

Broccomax might help. Please report back if she tries it and how well it works.

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-BroccoMax-250-mg-60-Veggie-Caps/4297?at=0

Maybe combined with Selenext for maximum effect

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Activated-Selenium-200-mcg-60-Capsules/169?at=0

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:51 am

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ataman Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:02 am

cpio, CS - Thanks for that. The Broccomax does sound a bit too good to be true, but it seems worth a shot. I may also start her on curcumin whilst I wait for that to come through, since I've also read very good things about that re. asthma. I'll try to remember to update in a few weeks.

ataman

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:43 am

ataman wrote:cpio, CS - Thanks for that. The Broccomax does sound a bit too good to be true, but it seems worth a shot. I may also start her on curcumin whilst I wait for that to come through, since I've also read very good things about that re. asthma. I'll try to remember to update in a few weeks.

Another thing for asthma which is quite important is Magnesium and be watchful of gluten/wheat allergy/sensitivity.

Given what I found in an astonishing study last year, it may not be "too good to be true."

Broccomax or Sulphoraphane does something that blew me away--that, it is the only thing identified that may actually help reverse COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease). I posted this late last year, here is an excerpt.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18755929

In the lungs we have an antioxidant defense system controlled by a protein called NRF2. In COPD, it was found that
their levels of NRF2 was very low and being gradually in decline. Without adequate levels of this protein, there is
practically no antioxidant protection to guard the lungs from any sort of insult. In integrative medicine the best treatment is to use inhaled glutathione via a nebulizer.

But now, taking copious amounts of Sulphoraphane is now the ultimate solution. There is a protein called DJ-1 that keeps levels up NRF2 levels to normal. In COPD these levels are low, so in turn, keeping levels of NRF2 levels low.
Studies show that Sulphoraphane from Broccoli can restore NRF2 levels to normal and bringing back antioxidant defense systems back to normal.

This is nothing short of amazing.

Sulphoraphane increases phase II detoxification by 1500% in these patients. Sulphoraphane is an outstanding anti-carcinogenic substance also. In my opinion, anyone with a "mysterious disease," such an an autosomal recessive disorder should take it just too see what it will do for them.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:26 am

ataman--

You need to determine if it is intrinsic or extrinsic asthma (caused by allergies or not). If it is extrinsic, which it seems to be since it developed later in her life, then see an Allergist who can do immunotherapy. But if it is food allergies, she just must avoid the foods (no therapy).

This web site has basic info on asthma:
http://www.aafa.org/

For supps I highly recommend this Quercetin supplement:
http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals-Activated-Quercetin-200-Tablets/1016?at=0

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:39 pm

ataman,

I'm just as thrilled today about Broccomax as I was when I first created that thread.

When she takes the Broccomax, she'll probably notice a difference within a couple of days. That's what's great about Broccomax too ... it's fast acting.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  ataman Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:47 am

CS, jdp - Many thanks for that. It is only very recently that I have begun to appreciate the huge omissons in what doctors could suggest as treatments and what they do suggest. It is sad, and no-ones fault in particular, IMO more the fault of the way that our society is driven (i.e. money). jdp, I hope my wife enjoys as much success as you have.

Gibson - Thanks for the suggestion. Part of the problem is that she doesn't like taking supplements...so I need to find the most effective one or two and go with those.

Re. extrinsic or intrinsic, it seems to be both. The asthma seems to be set off by something(s) in our apartment and by some foods, but also by the weather, by exercise and sometimes apparently randomly.

ataman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down