Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
How I rid myself of Allergies and promising treatment for Peptic Ulcer and Asthma EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How I rid myself of Allergies and promising treatment for Peptic Ulcer and Asthma EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
How I rid myself of Allergies and promising treatment for Peptic Ulcer and Asthma EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
How I rid myself of Allergies and promising treatment for Peptic Ulcer and Asthma EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
How I rid myself of Allergies and promising treatment for Peptic Ulcer and Asthma EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How I rid myself of Allergies and promising treatment for Peptic Ulcer and Asthma EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
How I rid myself of Allergies and promising treatment for Peptic Ulcer and Asthma EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
How I rid myself of Allergies and promising treatment for Peptic Ulcer and Asthma EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
How I rid myself of Allergies and promising treatment for Peptic Ulcer and Asthma EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How I rid myself of Allergies and promising treatment for Peptic Ulcer and Asthma

+6
RobHealthMan
Malik
Grateful
lund
CausticSymmetry
kijumn
10 posters

Go down

How I rid myself of Allergies and promising treatment for Peptic Ulcer and Asthma Empty How I rid myself of Allergies and promising treatment for Peptic Ulcer and Asthma

Post  kijumn Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:10 am

I'm a longtime sufferer of allergies since I was a child. I've tried almost every single method to combat my allergies and I've just found the best way to reduce allergies by coincidence.

You see, I've been experimenting with almost everything to heal my peptic ulcer with minimal success until I tried Broccomax based on Immortal Hair's recommendation. BTW, thanks Immortal Hair for the info! My ulcer is starting to feel much better and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. While I do have the kitchen sink approach in treating my ulcer, I do credit almost all of the success with Broccomax and found even better results when combining probiotics for my ulcer.

Anyway, once I added Broccomax my allergies cleared up 95% within a couple days!!! After a week I'm 100% cleared of allergies!!! I haven't had to blow my nose once in 2 weeks ... even in the morning. I really can't believe it and it's a miracle. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now so I'm 100% confident that it was the Broccomax and not coincidence. I'm taking one pill per day. A week ago, I did a lot of yard work which usually would have left me sniffling and sneezing for many days but not this time at all.

The other best treatments I've found to combat allergies are high doses of grape seed extract. It takes a couple weeks to notice the difference but I've been doing that for 10 years with moderate to very good results, but not cured. BTW, "Grape seed" extract inhibits histamine. I've also been spraying "grapefruit" seed extract in my nose to kill the fungus and bacteria that lives in most sinus victims noses with also moderate to very good success but again, not cured.

BTW, I've been taking about 12 mg of lugols iodine for somewhere around a year, I'm guessing, for an unrelated issue. I also have tried bumping the dosage up to 30 mg with no success in allergy symptoms.

However the Broccomax truly is a miracle for allergies for me!!! I can't stress how well it works for allergies and dare I say I'm "cured." Based on how it cured my allergies, it may also work very well for those with asthma. I do believe I'll have to continue taking this for the rest of my life or at least for 9 months out of the year but still, the high cost of Broccomax doesn't concern me based on how I'm cured. If you're worried about the high cost, you can always grow your own broccoli sprouts and eat them when they are 3 days old and see how well that works for you.

Here's some more info about Broccomax which contains 30 mg Sulforaphane Glucosinolate in treating for allergies/asthma and ulcers for those curious. Again, I highly recommend Broccomax for allergies and appears to be the best treatment for peptic ulcers for me at least.

Here's where you can buy Broccomax:

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-BroccoMax-250-mg-60-Veggie-Caps/4297?at=0

Here's some information on allergies/asthma:

-----------------------------------------------------------

"We found a two- to three-fold increase in antioxidant enzymes in the nasal airway cells of study participants who had eaten a preparation of broccoli sprouts," said Riedl. "This strategy may offer protection against inflammatory processes and could lead to potential treatments for a variety of respiratory conditions."

http://www.nutraingredients.com/Health-condition-categories/Respiratory-health/Broccoli-sprouts-may-reduce-asthma-Study

"People with nasal allergies or asthma may want to add broccoli sprouts to their diets, if early research findings pan out.

In a study of 65 healthy volunteers, researchers found that an oral preparation made from broccoli sprouts trigger an increase in inflammation-fighting enzymes in the upper airways.

The credit appears to go to a compound called sulforaphane, which is found naturally in broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables like Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and cabbage.

Sulforaphane triggers an increase in antioxidant enzymes that help counter cell damage and inflammation brought on by oxidative stress -- from sources like air pollution and environmental allergens.

"Based on this study, compounds in broccoli sprouts have a very potent effect in boosting the airway's self-defense system against oxidative stress," explained lead researcher Dr. Marc A. Riedl, an assistant professor at the University of California Los Angeles David Geffen School of Medicine"

http://www.newsmax.com/health/broccoli_sprouts_asthma/2009/03/11/190652.html

Here's some interesting information when treating for H pylori

Fahey and his co-workers recruited 48 Japanese men and women (average age 54.5) infected with H pylori and randomly assigned them to eat 70 grams of fresh broccoli sprouts daily for eight weeks or an equivalent amount of alfalfa sprouts.

After eight weeks the researchers observed significantly lower of H pylori using breath, serum and stool for people in the broccoli sprouts group, while no changes were observed in the alfalfa sprouts group. These results suggested that the broccoli sprouts could reduce but not eradicate the bacteria in the stomach, said the researchers.

Commenting on the mechanism behind the effects, the researchers noted that previous studies have reported that sulforaphane may induce cytoprotective, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory enzymes, while other studies have reported that H pylori and sodium chloride may combine to enhance inflammation of the mucus membrane of the stomach.

“Sulforaphane may be inhibiting this inflammation,” they said.

“The findings in this study strongly suggest that sulforaphane has promise both as an antibacterial agent directed against H. pylori and as a dietary preventive agent against the development of human gastric cancer,” concluded the researchers."

http://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/Broccoli-sprouts-may-cut-stomach-ulcer-risk

And again, thanks Immortal Hair!
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

How I rid myself of Allergies and promising treatment for Peptic Ulcer and Asthma Empty Re: How I rid myself of Allergies and promising treatment for Peptic Ulcer and Asthma

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:57 am

jdp710 - I appreciate the feedback, and that's awesome!

About a year ago, some of the latest information on say asthma is that it is primarily triggered from NMDA (N-methyl D-aspartate) toxicity in the respiratory system. Usually this area of toxicity was thought "limited" to the brain areas. Sophora Flavescens (which is good for hair growth incidentally) can positively modulate this area and reduce asthma attacks.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

How I rid myself of Allergies and promising treatment for Peptic Ulcer and Asthma Empty Re: How I rid myself of Allergies and promising treatment for Peptic Ulcer and Asthma

Post  lund Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:42 am

Interestignly, I have recently gotten my Mom on Broccomax as well. Her case is so bad that I cannot give her the full capsule for the fear of upsetting her messed up gut even a bit. So I take one capsule and make 3 out of it ~ this she has been on for 1+ week and so far so good. I plan to move up to half capsules and then to full over the next month or so. Will report if she feels better.

Based on IH's recommendation, I did the research and all looks promising ~ if this cures her ulcer, it would be a miracle ~ we will see, her case is extremely bad. She is taking it for H.Pylori induced ulcer and severe gastritis issues related to it.

My next moves are for Zinc + L-Carnosine & Mastic Gum to really have a 3 way punch in not only getting rid of the h.pylori but also to aid in healing the stomach lining to help protect the mucosa layer. Then feed the probiotics, hopefully Kefir...I am already on Kefir and it is an easy to make drink...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Grateful Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi there everyone,

I'd just like to say as well that Broccomax is a fantastic product. I asked IH for some advice regarding my friend's ulcer problem as well as for me (I have a history of ulcers too) and the supps he suggested have really helped. My friend suffers no pain anymore and I feel that I am protecting my own digestive system as well. I wouldn't go without Broccomax. I also eat lots of brocolli but I would just like to ask IH is that I am concerned when eating brocolli how can we be sure that even after washing it the poisons that have been sprayed on them are still not trapped within the florrets. I would like to buy organic but it's so expensive.
I would also advice that you or anyone suffering from ulcers or digestive problems drink fresh cabbage juice every day - the taste isn't that bad. I do this and together with the broccomax the results have been unbelievable. IH, do you think there is some merit to the cabbage juice.
By the way, there is also a product called Matula tea from South Africa that apparently cures ulcers and eliminates the H. Pylori bacteria that causes them. Might be worth googling.
IH, I think you have mentioned Homeostatic Soil Organsims (HSO) once. I read about a guy called Jordan Rubin who had life threatening Crohn's disease (I think) and he took this and eventually cured himself. Is it something worth taking and are they better than a probiotic like Dr O'Hira's for example? IN particular, what are your thoughts on a product called Primal Defence (HSO).
Thanks gain IH for helping both my friend and I on helping our digestive problems.

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:17 pm

Grateful - Freshly pressed Cabbage juice does work. It has to be consumed in under a minute (50 seconds to be exact) as the working medicinal benefits oxidize very quickly.

An effective way to wash the broccoli florets is to bathe them in water with a little bit of 3% hydrogen peroxide. This works pretty well. Also consider that broccoli sprouts are estimated to be 30 to 50 times more nutrient dense than standard broccoli.

Homeostatic Soil Organsims (HSO) definitely have their use, particularly with inflammatory bowel conditions. I've seen those Jordan Rubin picks and HSO's are well adopted in integrative medicine.

One interesting story I heard--never actually checked it out, is some time in ancient past it was traditional for people to bury themselves in dirt to heal various wounds. The theory is that something in the soil (mostly likely HSO's) were the secret.

I've used HSO's on many occasions and they are very strong. They will get things moving, but for a healthy person other probiotics are more "friendly" so to speak.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grateful Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:26 pm

Thanks for the info IH. Have a great and Happy Easter.

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Post  Malik Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:12 pm

Hi IH,

How does Broccomax compares to Life Extension, Dual-Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract with Cat's Claw?

I'm also looking for some relief for my season's allergies and it seems that the Life extension's product has some other good stuff in it regarding hair regrowth. But I'm not so sure about it...

Thanks!

Malik

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:58 am

Malik - Hard to say and here's why. The dual action gives about half of the Sulforaphane compared to the Jarrow product.
That prompts a question, which is how much Sulforaphane is necessary? Answer, not sure if anyone knows yet.

The additional ingredients you get are fairly low on the amounts. It would be nicer to see a greater quantity of DIM to offset the IC3. The problem with IC3 is it produces a harmful estrogen metabolite. DIM neutralizes it, but in any case the amounts are a little low for all the extras.

I'm not sure.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:47 am

IH, in my previous readings elsewhere, I read many times to leave the cabbge juice out for 3 days to get the friendly lactobacteria from cabbage ~ this is supposed to be a wonderful drink..

Is it possible that there are multiple ways in which cabbage juice can be consumed?

Cabbage Juice

CausticSymmetry wrote:Grateful - Freshly pressed Cabbage juice does work. It has to be consumed in under a minute (50 seconds to be exact) as the working medicinal benefits oxidize very quickly....

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:44 pm

lund,
how your allergies going so far?

i got a buddy who is a LONG LONG time sufferer of bad allergies who is constantly on zytec/claritin.

any advice?

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  angstman Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:50 am

My wife has about 6 sneezing fits a day on average. I think Im going to get this for her to try.
angstman
angstman

http://www.eezeekial.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:20 am

Is Broccomax effective at treating eczema?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:30 am

tooyoung - I've done some research in this area and from it, would appear to help. I think it's worth a try.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:42 am

tooyoung,

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but your eczema may be caused by a food your sensitive to.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:50 am

It all makes sense Jdp.
Eczema and psoriasis are both -it seems- auto-immune in origin.
The human body is trying to eliminate toxins or undigested proteins/peptides ( note here what you mentioned in another thread that food sensitivities go hand in hand w digestive enzymes deficiency in some) thru the skin -being the largest excreting organ .That is after all the easiest , most innocent and "friendliest" way for your body to express that its inner balance is disturbed.
If you are unlucky enough ,the "protest" won't be expressed thru skin.Other things like inflammatory bowel,diabetes or degenerative neuro-disease will appear.
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:22 pm

Hey edony,

Yup, exactly. It's also worth pointing out that most so called autoimmune disorders have it's origins stem from the gut/food. PCOS appears to have it's roots in food sensitivity, IMO. MPB also does IME but there isn't as much info online corroborating my experience but you can piece a good puzzle together.

Regarding eczema though, while I personally don't have any experience here, however from my research into food I would personally avoid foods starting in the casein family. Then maybe try gluten and nightshade family. Here is a link from a quick google search regarding eczema and nightshade family http://www.eczemacure.info/blog/2008/01/02/avoid-nightshades-potatoes-tomatoes-eggplants-peppers-tobacco/

another good link http://www.foodintol.com/food_intolerance/cause_eczema.htm
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:34 pm

Jdp,

What are the foods to avoid when avoiding casein ?That includes also dairy from sheep and goat?
What about cheese and yoghurt from these sources?
For now I'm only excluding cow's dairy considering goat's products safe.But maybe I'm wrong. If you have any clue it 'd be tremendous help.I googled it a bit but i couldn't find sthing specific .
Whey protein probably doesn't contain any casein right ?Just perhaps msg...
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:16 am

From my understanding goats milk does contain trace amounts of casein. I haven't tried goats milk or cheese yet so I can't give my experience but based on other people's experiences it may not give me a problem. Most milk products, especially cheese or low fat milk products contain large amounts of free glutamic acid/MSG. I have tried Monterey Jack cheese, and I believe the other light yellow cheeses are the ones that contain the smallest amounts of free glutamic acid but I personally still get a reaction. From that experience, I concluded that I'm casein sensitive as well as free glutamic acid sensitive even though I exhibit no lactose intolerant issues such as bloating, digestive problems, etc..

Anyway, to answer your question, with whey protein you'll only have trace amounts of casein in it or none at all. With that said, you will have free glutamate acid/MSG in it so keep that in mind. CS recently posted one that should have much less free glutamate acid than others. Also, keep in mind that free glutamate acid/MSG when it's in liquid form such as soups, drinks etc. are the worst offenders and need smaller amounts to produce a reaction.

As for which products contain casein, etc. I really don't have a clue as I avoid all of them as I'm sure they all contain trace amounts of casein or free glutamate acid so I never really did the research here. Here is a good link and I'm actually going to print it off for my records

http://web.mit.edu/kevles/www/nomilk.html#badingredients

hope this helps
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:37 am

Again, JDP is right on this one.

I had to stop getting half and half (this is real stuff even, not those crappy room temp containers that are all chemicals!) in my coffee because I would get a reaction, I didn't realize until recently it was the half and half causing it! Normally, I don't have dairy except for that, so that was the issue. You guys may want to look into the pink sea salt (small amount) as a daily internal with the elimination of the ingredients mentioned, as you may see a result which may give it a chance to be healed.

The thing I'm wondering is: where things always this way (for example, was it this bad in the 50-60's?) or did people's ability to fight this off totally decline because of the rise of toxins and ingredients or is it that food changed so much that now we're all intolerant to so many foods?

I'm sure adding HFCS to everything in the 80's and later soy in the 90's is a big part, but I'm still baffled compared to the quality of food 40-50 years ago...

Can you say Soylent Green?

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:19 pm

Food has definitely changed in the past 40 - 50 years.

Less selenium. Less magnesium. Less nutrients due to overfarming.

Not to mention the dramatic increases in free glutamic acid. Autism, ADD, alzheimers and other neuorological problems. Obesity. Taurine deficiency.

Also, wheat consumption as well as other grains on the rise. MSG reduces glutathione. Celiac disease and I'm sure gluten sensitivity... reduced glutathione.

I don't know how accurate but I remember one person mentioning as Vitamin C is to other mammals, glutathione is our antioxidant defense system as we lost our Vitamin C making ability.

BTW, less magnesium and less selenium = less glutathione.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down