Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
My current regimen is working - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:05 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
My current regimen is working - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2024 2:54 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
My current regimen is working - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 5:45 am by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
My current regimen is working - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 12:18 pm by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
My current regimen is working - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 12:07 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
My current regimen is working - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 1:40 am by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
My current regimen is working - Page 2 EmptySat May 04, 2024 6:56 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
My current regimen is working - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2024 11:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
My current regimen is working - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My current regimen is working

+7
CausticSymmetry
scottyc33
The Natural
DesperateIntellect
blech
Decro435
hadrion
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My current regimen is working - Page 2 Empty Re: My current regimen is working

Post  scottyc33 Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:59 pm

Hey CS - when you say "never have a meal without protection" what supps specifically are you taking with meals for "protection"?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:07 pm

scottyc33 - Stabilized R-Lipoic acid, Acetyl L-Carnitine and usually Ecklonia cava (might skip it if I eat more than twice in a day). One only of my meals do I consume Curcumin & Resveratrol. Usually I'll take Brewer's yeast once or twice per day. With at least two meals I'll take an Omega-3 fatty acid such as Krill oil. Finally, in most cases I will take a probiotic (Jarrow EPS) with two meals of the day.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:08 pm

Hey hadrion - when you say the higher doses of iodine is helping you more, what have you noticed?

Also, have you noticed anything yet from the coleus forskohlii?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:05 pm

scottyc33 wrote:Hey hadrion - when you say the higher doses of iodine is helping you more, what have you noticed?

Also, have you noticed anything yet from the coleus forskohlii?

Scotty -- This is what I've noticed since I've upped my iodine. Whiter scalp, less hair fall out, no itchies and also a sense of being full on way smaller portions than I am used to.

The Coleus also could be having an effect on my appetite like this.

Let's put it this way, on my cheat meal each week I could usually down 4 slices of pizza easily.

Now I can barely finish 2 w/o feeling stuffed and uncomfortable. This is a sudden change. Not a gradual one.

I also have noticed that layer of fat above my abs and on the sides has thinned considerable. I can feel ribs easily and feel the definition in my abs. This could be the combo of the CLA with Coleus.

As to Iitches question,

I watched my Dad have 2 bypass surgeries think he was fixed and then get diagnosed with pancreatic cancer which killed him quickly. He was a smoker, but I also know the genetics in my family are not the best.

I'm looking for a edge. If there's any way I can avoid going out of this world that way shouldn't I try to take it and try something that my Dad and other relatives didn't try?

If taking all the heart disease prevention supps breaks off arterial plaque and helps the collagen repair process I'd say it was worth it. I've noticed that my lung capacity and ability to breathe when I training hard has more than doubled from where I was since I started focusing on my heart with supps. I never was a smoker outside of a little herb here and there so I'm hoping that I'm beating my genetic odds. I don't see why that is a problem. It's my life. I'm not suffering or losing out on anything by building and using this regimen. It certainly hasn't made me sicker.

Taking the supplements is simple. It's only a massive procedure if you make it one. I line them up in order on top of my fridge and walk down the chain and take what I need during the day.

I get up and take my serrapeptase on an empty stomach and then take my dog out. By the time I come back in I start making breakfast (eggs usually) and start to take my pills while cooking. If it takes me 2 minutes to take all the pills that's a lot. The stuff I take in the morning outweighs what I take with each meal so it's not that many pills to carry with me during the day.

If iherb goes out of business I'm sure I'll find another source. Swansons has been around for a long time and seems to do well. I'm sure I could use their supps and get by.

I work with people in the entertainment industry. Look up what Hilary Swank takes each day supplement wise. I think she said she takes 45 per day.

Maybe we're all crazy, but I don't think that is the case. I watched how supplements helped cure my last dog from arthritis and had him jumping and running at 13 years old again. He was on flax, glucosamine/MSM and it worked wonders for him.

I have seen singlehandedly that the supps IH recommends in here and for me have made me look and feel younger. 33-34 hits like a ton of bricks. I'm 36 now and I feel better than I did back then. I've at least reverted to how I felt when I was 29-30 and my skin looks younger than most guys my age.

Something is clearly working.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:20 pm

Thanks hadrion. One more question -

What are you taking the serrapeptase for?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:38 am

scottyc33 wrote:Thanks hadrion. One more question -

What are you taking the serrapeptase for?

http://www.serrapeptase.info/

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  ITITCHES Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:56 am

@ Hadrion and Caustic:

You make it sound as if I find your regimens unnecessary which couldn't be further from the truth. I established that in my post - we are living in a sea of shit and these supplements are like one of those breathing-tube-things that extend out to the surface.

My mistake was the assumption that it's more of a hassle than it really is, and the way you make it sound, it sounds like no hassle at all. In retrospective, it does make perfect sense - you just swallow a bunch of pills up - but in the eyes of an outsider it's... I don't know how to explain - it's as if money is an inseparable constant nag - you might as well be swallowing coins. Whatever supplement I manage to scrape I'm done with before I realize it's gone and the whole notion of having an inexhaustible supply of all this a click away - I mean, it's not *that much* different from, say, torreting to you, right?

Therefore, make no mistake - far be it that I find your routine silly (hell, I wish I was in your position), on the contrary, I, as well as many others I'm sure, just simply find it... Uhm... unimaginable?

ITITCHES

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:22 pm

ITITCHES wrote:@ Hadrion and Caustic:

You make it sound as if I find your regimens unnecessary which couldn't be further from the truth. I established that in my post - we are living in a sea of shit and these supplements are like one of those breathing-tube-things that extend out to the surface.

My mistake was the assumption that it's more of a hassle than it really is, and the way you make it sound, it sounds like no hassle at all. In retrospective, it does make perfect sense - you just swallow a bunch of pills up - but in the eyes of an outsider it's... I don't know how to explain - it's as if money is an inseparable constant nag - you might as well be swallowing coins. Whatever supplement I manage to scrape I'm done with before I realize it's gone and the whole notion of having an inexhaustible supply of all this a click away - I mean, it's not *that much* different from, say, torreting to you, right?

Therefore, make no mistake - far be it that I find your routine silly (hell, I wish I was in your position), on the contrary, I, as well as many others I'm sure, just simply find it... Uhm... unimaginable?

Iitches -- No offense taken here. I just wanted to be clear why I felt the supplement route was worth the money and the time to me. I'm married and believe me when people come over I always notice them look at the supplements on top of the fridge and their eyes widen. They either scoff at them (like members of my family do who are all very sick) or they ask me why I take them.

Since I've been part of this forum I've helped my Mom get off a horrible statin drug and given her natural alternatives recommended by IH that now have her blood tests better than when she was on the statin. She told her Doctor what she had done, since the doctor thought the statin was giving the great results and the doctor didn't even know what Krill oil was. He knows now. He called Mom and asked her what brands and dosage she was using and apparently is going to use it himself.

To us, it was worth the money to get her off a drug that is proven to lead to major health complications. She couldn't walk on her right knee on the statin. After dropping it, she walks fine. It's all real.

I like your analogy of drowning in a sea of shit and using a straw to breathe out of it. I guess that's what a lot of us are doing. I just don't want to go out of this world like my Dad did if I have a chance to change that.

Well again, you find ways to cut back on certain things and make other things important to you. I don't drink alcohol that often and I don't smoke. I imagine if I did those things the money I spend on supps would be hard to part with.

The money I spend on supplements is just money. I spend more money on food now than I did because I eat healthier. I don't drink booze that often and I don't smoke or have any expensive vices so I guess that money goes to my supplements. If I had to choose between paying bills and supplements obviously I would choose my bills, but I'm able to manage what I currently take.

That said, my regimen works for me and is not intended to work for anyone else. A lot of trial and error went into it and a lot more will go into it in the future. I think we're only scratching the surface of what natural supplements can do for people.

Seeing my Mom's test results and her health rebound off a dangerous pharmaceutical and seeing my old dog jump again with natural supps is proof enough to me that the medical community is not taking this route seriously enough.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Petch Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:24 pm

Hadrion,

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get your dog to eat flax and msm? Put it in his food? was it powdered MSM, oil based flax etc... wouldn't mind trying this with my dog you see, about the same age as yours, definite arthritis the poor sod.
Petch
Petch

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:47 pm

With regard to cost I think you can piece together an exceptional regimen for hair / overall health for max $150 a month.

$150 a month, $1800 a year is NOTHING.

Good health is PRICELESS.

You can choose to look at it as an investment - do your supplements make you FEEL better, less likely to get SICK (and miss time from work) - generally more productive and vibrant, enable you enjoy a better QUALITY of life, etc, etc, etc? Or do you feel better psychologically knowing that you are being PROACTIVE and taking ownership of your own health and well being and because you have a sense of CONTROL over your own health?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:58 pm

scottyc33 wrote:With regard to cost I think you can piece together an exceptional regimen for hair / overall health for max $150 a month.

Good health is PRICELESS.

You can choose to look at it as an investment - do your supplements make you FEEL better, less likely to get SICK (and miss time from work) - generally more productive and vibrant, enable you enjoy a better QUALITY of life, etc, etc, etc? Or do you feel better psychologically knowing that you are being PROACTIVE and taking ownership of your own health and well being and because you have a sense of CONTROL over your own health?

I totally agree. A lot of people (not including myself) buy health insurance and pay over $150 per month. Most of the time the services rendered are believed "needs" rather than essential needs.

Will I require a nursing home when I reach my expected age of 120 years-old or older? Doubtful. I expect to live life to the fullest without serious malady or disease and without the desire or need for expensive medical services such as surgery and medications.

What other benefits do I get with fighting hair loss? Zero arthritis (most people do not understand that sugar and their byproducts cause most types of arthritis), smoother skin and complexion, perfect regularity, optimal bedroom performance, defense against heart disease, cancer and dementia.

Untold thousands of dollars saved.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:59 pm

Petch wrote:Hadrion,

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get your dog to eat flax and msm? Put it in his food? was it powdered MSM, oil based flax etc... wouldn't mind trying this with my dog you see, about the same age as yours, definite arthritis the poor sod.

Petch,

I put flax seed oil, The Barleans variety, on my dog's food for years. I just mixed it in and he ate it. Same with the Glucosamine/MSM combo. I got the capsules from Vitamin Shoppe and would open them up and sprinkle them on his food and he would eat it or I'd wrap them up in a small piece of turkey or roast beef and let him take them that way.

The best way to get your dog to take a pill though is to put it in some peanut butter and then stick it to the roof of his mouth. They always swallow it that way.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Petch Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:36 pm

Excellent, thanks Hadrion. I have the Barleans version of flax and some powdered msm...peanut butter, good idea Very Happy
Petch
Petch

Back to top Go down

Post  ITITCHES Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:39 pm

I'm married and believe me when people come over I always notice them look at the supplements on top of the fridge and their eyes widen.
Since I've been part of this forum I've helped my Mom get off a horrible statin drug

Oh this... Heh. They often 'scold' me for my chocolate habits - you know, between two bites of their obligatory daily blob of white flour.

I'm glad your mother has listened to you - man, I bet she was stubborn about it. It's no paradigm shift if all she did is get off her meds, but small victories are still victories - hell, I know that if I'd sprout angel wings, they'd still think me a nut.

I suppose that as much as that's unbelieavable to me, what I'm about to tell will be to you:

Take that number and increase it up to ten-fold. Now that you've done that, take your average sallary and cut it at least five-fold. Also, take some 3/4 of the supplements on Hadrion or IH's list and write them off since they're not available locally and ordering online is impossible for various, shall we say, geopolitical reasons.. Now you've put yourself in my place.

ITITCHES

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:12 pm

ITITCHES wrote:
I'm married and believe me when people come over I always notice them look at the supplements on top of the fridge and their eyes widen.
Since I've been part of this forum I've helped my Mom get off a horrible statin drug

Oh this... Heh. They often 'scold' me for my chocolate habits - you know, between two bites of their obligatory daily blob of white flour.

I'm glad your mother has listened to you - man, I bet she was stubborn about it. It's no paradigm shift if all she did is get off her meds, but small victories are still victories - hell, I know that if I'd sprout angel wings, they'd still think me a nut.

I suppose that as much as that's unbelieavable to me, what I'm about to tell will be to you:

Take that number and increase it up to ten-fold. Now that you've done that, take your average sallary and cut it at least five-fold. Also, take some 3/4 of the supplements on Hadrion or IH's list and write them off since they're not available locally and ordering online is impossible for various, shall we say, geopolitical reasons.. Now you've put yourself in my place.

ITITCHES,

Which supplements can't you get in your country?

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  ITITCHES Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:04 am

hadrion wrote:ITITCHES,

Which supplements can't you get in your country?

It's more of a matter which I *can* get, as a lot on your list for example are pretty much unheard of here... What does exist, beyond the basic most of minerals, is - as a rule - extremely expensive.

ITITCHES

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2