Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ways to increase adult stem cells
My current regimen is working EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
My current regimen is working EmptyYesterday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
My current regimen is working EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
My current regimen is working EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
My current regimen is working EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
My current regimen is working EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
My current regimen is working EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
My current regimen is working EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
My current regimen is working EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My current regimen is working

+7
CausticSymmetry
scottyc33
The Natural
DesperateIntellect
blech
Decro435
hadrion
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My current regimen is working Empty My current regimen is working

Post  hadrion Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:15 am

Thought I'd give an update to the results I'm seeing of late. Not seeing significant regrowth, however inflammation, itching and loss are all pretty much halted. Hair looks healthy.

I'm also getting more sunlight due to fact I got a new puppy and am outside in sun more often than before so chalk that up as you may.

The list is long so bear with me. A lot of stuff I'm doing it for cardiovascular disease prevention since it runs in my family.

Life Extension, Super BIO-Curcumin, 400 mg -- 2x day. 1 w/breakfast 1 w/dinner
Nutricology Fibroboost -- 2x day 1 w/breakfast 1 w/dinner
Jarrow Formulas Reservatol 100 - 1x day w/breakfast
Bestvite Acetyl L-Carnitine 1000mg w/each meal
Bestvite Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg w/each meal
Bestvite Biotin 1x day
Jarrow Dophilus EPS Probiotic 2x day
Iodoral (iodine) 2 12.5mg tabs per day 1 in morning 1 at night
5000 IU D-3 per day (Swansons now puts out a 2000 IU capsule of D-3, less pills to take)
Bestvite B-complex w/selenium and zinc 1/day
Sensoril (swansons) 1/day
Bestvite Vitamin C 1000mg 3x/day (Part of Pauling Protocol)
Bestvite Lysine 1000mg 3x/day (Part of Pauling Protocol)
Bestvite Proline 500mg 3x/day (Part of Pauling Protocol)
Swansons Krill Oil 500mg 2x/day
Primordial Performance Toco 8 - 1 scoop per day
Swanson B-6 1x/day
Best Vite Coleus Forskolli 2x/day
CLA 1000mg 3x/day
Swansons Triple Magnesium Complex 1x/day
Cayenne 1 400mg/day (taken in mid-day away from Curcumin)
Doctors Best Serrapeptase 400mg 3x/day taken first thing in the morning before food
BestVite Maca 525mg 3-4x/day
Swanson Sulphorphane (broccoli extract) 2x/day

I've been using the BestVite brand and feel they are quality. When I switched to another form of Maca from Bestvite my Maca benefits in the nether regions disappeared so BestVite is better in my eyes in some cases.

This is the best my hair and scalp has been in 2+ years. I only wish I had this regimen when I started.

I need a topical or something that can help me achieve regrowth. Hoping something comes along that I can get that to occur. Was thinking of trying MinoMuck, but really didn't want to get on Minox again as the foam didn't work for me and made my face get bloated.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

My current regimen is working Empty Re: My current regimen is working

Post  Decro435 Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:55 am

You'd want to be getting results with a regimen as big as that!

Anyway, well done for updating!
Your regimen must be costing you a lot, how much do you spend monthly on it?

Also, what age and how long have you been suffering AGA for?
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:00 am

I honestly don't know what it's costing. I get 10% at iherb, Best Vite is cost effective (no shipping charge and no tax) and Swansons I wait for coupons for. I buy in bulk so I have a lot on hand.

I'm 36. I started losing my hair 3-4 years ago during a period of high stress. My loss was accompanied by severe inflammation (pink scalp) and itching but both have subsided.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  blech Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:28 am

Nice! Its always good to hear about people getting results.

Think you could direct me to some solid information on the pauling protocol? I googled it a couple times but couldn't find any focused information in regard to its theory or how to execute it. From what I gather, you take a bunch of vitamin C.

blech

Back to top Go down

Post  DesperateIntellect Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:47 am

Thats so much, im very happy your seeing results yet its rather off putting that that much is required

DesperateIntellect

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:07 am

hoping4hair wrote:Thats so much, im very happy your seeing results yet its rather off putting that that much is required

Well again, I'm taking a lot of stuff to fight heart potential heart disease. The Pauling Protocol, the Toco 8, the Krill oil are all targeted to do just that.

I think what IH is learning and we are as well is that using the supps to protect from/repair heart disease also help your hair.

I'm not saying that's fact, but I think my scalp has been it's calmest in years since I've added these things to my regimen.

I was very unhealthy when I started losing my hair. I was out of shape. I was stressed and sad.

Now I'm feeling much better and my activity level is higher. My skin looks better as well. I'm 36 with no wrinkles. I don't even have a hint of crow's feet on the sides of my eyes.

I really believe in following a good diet and using supplements or I wouldn't be spending the money I do on my regimen.

That said, my regimen is not for you. All of that above is from a lot of trial and error over the years and this is what I've come up with that seems to work the best FOR ME.

As for the Pauling Protocol here's a good link to read about it.

http://practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/protocol/excerpt_chp7.pdf

I should add and forgot to say that I take 50mg of Ubiquinol a day as well. I get that also at BestVite.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:51 am

Congratulations.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:15 am

hadrion wrote:Thought I'd give an update to the results I'm seeing of late. Not seeing significant regrowth, however inflammation, itching and loss are all pretty much halted. Hair looks healthy.

I'm also getting more sunlight due to fact I got a new puppy and am outside in sun more often than before so chalk that up as you may.

The list is long so bear with me. A lot of stuff I'm doing it for cardiovascular disease prevention since it runs in my family.

Bestvite Biotin 1x day
5000 IU D-3 per day (Swansons now puts out a 2000 IU capsule of D-3, less pills to take)
Swanson B-6 1x/day
CLA 1000mg 3x/day
Doctors Best Serrapeptase 400mg 3x/day taken first thing in the morning before food

I've been using the BestVite brand and feel they are quality. When I switched to another form of Maca from Bestvite my Maca benefits in the nether regions disappeared so BestVite is better in my eyes in some cases.

This is the best my hair and scalp has been in 2+ years. I only wish I had this regimen when I started.

I need a topical or something that can help me achieve regrowth. Hoping something comes along that I can get that to occur. Was thinking of trying MinoMuck, but really didn't want to get on Minox again as the foam didn't work for me and made my face get bloated.

Hey hadrion,

Congrats and nice regimen. I have a few questions -

1- Why do you take the Bestvite ALA and not the R-ALA that CS recs?
2- Is the Biotin really necessary?
3 - Do you rotate probiotics or do you always take Jarrow?
4- How did you settle on 25mg of Iodine per day?
5- Why the B-vitamins and not Brewers yeast?
6- What does Coleus Forskolli do?

Thanks!

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:54 pm

hadrion - Thanks for the update! I use bestvite also for my Acetyl L-Carnitine purchases. I had a hard time believing it was real ALC until I broke open a capsule and it tastes the same as other more expensive brands. I don't use it for anything else but I did notice they started selling maca recently. Note: Never buy R-Lipoic acid from them since it is not stabilized, but the stuff you're using is A-OK since it's alpha lipoic acid.

scottyc33 - I'll answer on the biotin part. Taking biotin is very important, since not only is it required for healthy hair but lipoic acid "competes" for it and uses it up and to a lesser extent other b-vitamins.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:35 pm

scottyc33 wrote:
hadrion wrote:Thought I'd give an update to the results I'm seeing of late. Not seeing significant regrowth, however inflammation, itching and loss are all pretty much halted. Hair looks healthy.

Bestvite Biotin 1x day
Swanson B-6 1x/day
CLA 1000mg 3x/day

Hey hadrion,

Congrats and nice regimen. I have a few questions -

1- Why do you take the Bestvite ALA and not the R-ALA that CS recs?
2- Is the Biotin really necessary?
3 - Do you rotate probiotics or do you always take Jarrow?
4- How did you settle on 25mg of Iodine per day?
5- Why the B-vitamins and not Brewers yeast?
6- What does Coleus Forskolli do?

Thanks!

1. Simply cost. I know it seems silly but that bottle of R-ALA IH recs doesn't go far each month. The cost for the 300mg ALA from BestVite stretches a lot better for me.
2. IH answered the Bioting
3. I used to take Dr. Ohhirra's probiotic but switched when IH did to Jarrow. I've been on it for a bunch of months and it seems to do the trick and is cheaper than Ohhirra's.
4. I settled on 25mg by trial and error. I may go higher, but right now feel the 25mg is definitely helping me more than the 12.5mg were.
5. I don't know about Brewers Yeast. Is it a better form of B vitamins? Let me know what you know about it?
6. The Coleus is for fat loss. I just added it in a few weeks ago to give it a try stacked with the CLA as an additional fat loss booster. The Coleus seems to curb appetite very well. It also has potential heart, skin and anti-cancer benefits. Here's a link describing it's potential benefits.
http://www.advance-health.com/coleus.html

Again, no regrowth in thin areas as of yet, but the itchies and inflammation are gone and my hair loss has stabilized.

I'm also in great health right now and constantly improving in the gym. I definitely feel and look younger than I did 4 years ago.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:39 pm

The Natural wrote:Congratulations.

Thanks to you. I seriously have improved with the addition of the curcimin/res combo you were touting here months ago. You've done a lot to help us all and I only wish you did it sooner!

I'm taking the Toco-8 because of your experience as well. I think it's a great supplement.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:42 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:hadrion - Thanks for the update! I use bestvite also for my Acetyl L-Carnitine purchases. I had a hard time believing it was real ALC until I broke open a capsule and it tastes the same as other more expensive brands. I don't use it for anything else but I did notice they started selling maca recently. Note: Never buy R-Lipoic acid from them since it is not stabilized, but the stuff you're using is A-OK since it's alpha lipoic acid.

scottyc33 - I'll answer on the biotin part. Taking biotin is very important, since not only is it required for healthy hair but lipoic acid "competes" for it and uses it up and to a lesser extent other b-vitamins.

IH,

Thanks for tip on the BestVite R-Lipoic. I do think all the other supps I'm getting from them are quality and I wonder if they supply a lot of the "name" brands with what they are putting into capsules.

I've been using their Acetyl L-Carnitine since you mentioned them on here.

I completely believe their Maca is better than some of the name brand caps I've tried.

Looking over my regimen is there anything you think I'm missing or is redundant?

I know everyone is down on Cayenne, but it stopped my cluster headaches many months ago so I'm afraid to give it up...although I've seen some of you say Cayenne could mess with the effectiveness of Curcumin. Not sure what to do there.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:23 pm

hadrion - The believed mechanism behind the disappearance of cluster headaches from cayenne use is inhibition of substance P. Both Curcumin & Magnesium also inhibit substance P, but I am not certain if it is dose-dependent or as potent as cayenne. It might be worth a short trial to see if using this combo could also work sans the cayenne.
There isn't anything to suggest that cayenne and curcumin would work against each other.

The concern about cayenne is that while it blocks the Cb1 receptor (as does res/curcumin do), it also activates transient receptor potential vanilloid-1 (TRPV1) channel that promotes catagen stages in the hair follicle. Still confusing is that other studies show hair growth effects, such as a small dose of it with soy isoflavones, but this is through another mechanism and for alopecia areata.

The brewer's yeast might be a good idea as a source of B-vitamins, especially with heart disease in mind. The reason is that brewer's yeast is one of the very few things that contains vitamin B4 (Adenine), which is not found in any standard b-complex on the market. It's unfortunately not legal for any company to even print that a product contains it. In there is some very intriguing research, mostly in the 1930's and some in the 1960's extolling the benefits of this "anti-paralysis vitamin." Brewer's yeast has most of the B-complex in its natural state and this works so much better than synthetic isolates. Folate is 100% useful for everybody, yet folic acid, which is synthetic is not. When synthetics are used, it can exacerbate a B4 deficiency which is believed by some natural cardiologists to be a primary factor in heart failure. I believe this to be true as this has been verified by hundreds of patients via echocardiogram.

Another reason to try brewer's yeast is that it contains some of the mineral tin. Unfortunately, I have no reliable data that supports its connection to hair loss. I have only three sources. Two are not scientific and the other is only in animals. So for what that is worth, it's a potential bonus.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:27 pm

Almost forgot...Brewer's yeast also improves complexion and reduces acne. There are several reasons for this and I'm not sure if all have been completely elucidated.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  isaac Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:53 pm

CS,

I also seen you mention that Brewers yeast in fact does not feed candida? How did you find this out? I'm about to order a tub.

isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm

isaac - The short answer is that brewer's yeast is not active yeast. It is destroyed by heat. For erroneous reasons at one time or another it was believed that any yeast was just bad all together, but rarely are there any absolutes to anything--especially in medicine.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:07 pm

hadrion wrote: Thanks to you. I seriously have improved with the addition of the curcimin/res combo you were touting here months ago. You've done a lot to help us all and I only wish you did it sooner!

I'm taking the Toco-8 because of your experience as well. I think it's a great supplement.

Well, I am very happy for you. I have always stated that I do not believe my experience to be an isolated one. Curcumin, resveratrol, and tocotrienols\tocopherols work. And there are so many people to thank for this revelation. Thank goodness for the Internet and hair loss forums.

To be honest, a year and a half ago, I had just about given up on supplements, until I read about this combination of herbs from a poster named Col. It saved my hair. And I am glad that I could pass this information on to you and others.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:17 am

IH -- Do you have a recommendation for Brewers Yeast? Something from iherb? I'll switch to it and give it a try.

I'll also see what happens if I drop Cayenne. The only reason I'm taking it at this point was for the cluster headaches, so if I'm covered with Mag and Curc I wouldn't mind dropping it.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:22 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Almost forgot...Brewer's yeast also improves complexion and reduces acne. There are several reasons for this and I'm not sure if all have been completely elucidated.

Yes, that is true.

I've used lewis labs brewer's yeast (best quality) and noticed it clears your skin. I'm completly sure of this, not a placebo.

One of the main factors that may help the most in these areas is the organic chromium that it includes.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:32 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:isaac - The short answer is that brewer's yeast is not active yeast. It is destroyed by heat. For erroneous reasons at one time or another it was believed that any yeast was just bad all together, but rarely are there any absolutes to anything--especially in medicine.

The concern here would be allergy. I've read some people recommending against it because of allergy (specially if you have candida) and things like lectins it may contain. However I think these are just suppositions.

I never noticed anything bad when using B's Yeast. I only got better skin, energy and elimination from using it. I've also read some people that found great benefits for hair loss/quality by using it.

B's Yeast might be one of the best natural supplements for insulin regulation, not just because of the organic chromium it contains but all the other minerals, vitamins and co-factors it contains.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:28 am

Great Little Fighter. I'll look that brand up and see where I can get it.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:19 am

hadrion - The type of brewer's yeast might depend on your preference of use. For example, I find swallowing a handful of these to be my preferred way, so I use this product:

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Brewer-s-Yeast-10-Grain-650-mg-500-Tablets/427?at=0

However, swallowing quite a few of these is not for everyone and buying the flake form would work well in a shake or sprinkled on food. So that is something to consider.

To get a decent amount of this, you'll need to take 10 or more of these per day. When I have been doing is taking about 10 of these once or twice per day.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:20 am

I preffer the powder/flakes myself. I add it to plain water or some juice and it's just great.

BY never makes me feel bloated and digest easly! At least the brand I use.

I preffer the Lewis Labs brand. They use beets to do the fermentation. Seems that beets drain more nutrients than any other crop. The flavor is excellent.

Though the Now Brand might be just fine.
Razz
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  ITITCHES Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:58 am

Hadrion, man, since we're all about holistic medicine - I really gotta ask - how does this work out for you? I mean, alright, you buy bulk so that's a big stress reliever right there, but how do you organize and actually manage to consume so many supplements daily? How does travelling work? What happens if something unforseen occurs that disturbs your schedule?

I know our modern lifestyle and biotope take a huge chunk away from our health which we have to compensate somehow, but are we really so alienated from nature so as to be reduced to chugging pills all day? Remember, most of our ancestors were perfectly healthy (and more) with dead-simple, pure minimalistic diets. Think about it - your well-being depends on Iherb. What happens when Iherb is gone? What I'm getting at is, the way I see it, best we retreat to the hills and learn to live away from the bittersweet comforts of the Occidental society than spend our days on this uncertain slippery slope... Which, by the way, I'm sure, in the coming grey days we'll have an ever-so-harder of a time perserving.

But then again, does taking refuge in the wild really yield any significant results at this genetical point? Have our *genes* taken a toll? You say you are preventing a potential cardiovascular disease that runs in your family... I mean, are we all fundamentally broken to a point, and paying for the mistakes of our close ancestors?

ITITCHES

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:42 am

ITITCHES - I'm in the same "boat" so I will answer this question also.

The way I see it, we live in a very toxic world--more so now than perhaps ever. Our recent forebears did not exactly consume a perfect diet or be free of toxic insults either. Right now in this period in history, supplements of this nature are more economical than they have ever been in the past.

Back in 1995, I would cost me 30 US dollars to buy 60 capsules of Acetyl L-Carnitine. Today, I can buy 8 times the quantity for the same cost.

The "symptoms" and process of aging that most of society believes is just part of getting older isn't at all normal. So the small inconvenience of taking hordes of supplements will protect against the now and the later consequences of living in this modern, toxic environment.

I use a small cooler that has a strap, so on the go I can transport it--never to have a meal without protection. I'll be honest, I eat far from perfect diet and it's very difficult to trust what is in food when bought at a restaurant or out on the town.

I've worked in one of the largest integrative medical clinics in the world, and I can say first hand, the medical system globally is the #1 killer. This also includes what we eat besides toxic cut, burn and poison treatment. What I have seen over many years is patients getting completely better when drugs are stopped, and supplements and diet changes are made as replacement.

This goes far beyond hair for me, it is about living a very long life, completely free of disease.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next