Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Does Diffuse Thinning require a different approach than traditional MPB? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Does Diffuse Thinning require a different approach than traditional MPB? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Does Diffuse Thinning require a different approach than traditional MPB? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Does Diffuse Thinning require a different approach than traditional MPB? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Does Diffuse Thinning require a different approach than traditional MPB? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Does Diffuse Thinning require a different approach than traditional MPB? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Does Diffuse Thinning require a different approach than traditional MPB? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Does Diffuse Thinning require a different approach than traditional MPB? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Does Diffuse Thinning require a different approach than traditional MPB? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Does Diffuse Thinning require a different approach than traditional MPB?

3 posters

Go down

Does Diffuse Thinning require a different approach than traditional MPB? Empty Does Diffuse Thinning require a different approach than traditional MPB?

Post  helpmyhair1 Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:01 pm

Like the title says, what supps would be better suited for diffuse thinners? I know this has been discussed before, but that was like 10 years ago. Lets get some new info.

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Does Diffuse Thinning require a different approach than traditional MPB? Empty Re: Does Diffuse Thinning require a different approach than traditional MPB?

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:48 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:Like the title says, what supps would be better suited for diffuse thinners? I know this has been discussed before, but that was like 10 years ago. Lets get some new info.

Not sure what others said, but I've been saying the same stuff as I would back then.

Diffuse hair loss is related to thyroid or as an indirect influence, such as the liver function.

As easy way to tell is a glucose tolerance test, which is used to determine a person's ability to handle a glucose load. The test can show whether a person can metabolize a standardized measured amount of glucose. The results can be classified as normal, impaired, or abnormal. A glucose tolerance test may be used to diagnose type 1 diabetes mellitus, type 2 diabetes mellitus, and gestational diabetes mellitus.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Does Diffuse Thinning require a different approach than traditional MPB? Empty Re: Does Diffuse Thinning require a different approach than traditional MPB?

Post  helpmyhair1 Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:53 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
helpmyhair1 wrote:Like the title says, what supps would be better suited for diffuse thinners? I know this has been discussed before, but that was like 10 years ago. Lets get some new info.

Not sure what others said, but I've been saying the same stuff as I would back then.

Diffuse hair loss is related to thyroid or as an indirect influence, such as the liver function.

As easy way to tell is a glucose tolerance test, which is used to determine a person's ability to handle a glucose load. The test can show whether a person can metabolize a standardized measured amount of glucose. The results can be classified as normal, impaired, or abnormal. A glucose tolerance test may be used to diagnose type 1 diabetes mellitus, type 2 diabetes mellitus, and gestational diabetes mellitus.

I am actually a T1 Diabetic. So what can I do in my case?

As for thyroid, my TSH on last bloodtest was around 4.2, but my doctor won't do anything about it because under 5 is in normal range according to him. What can I do about my thyroid? He also said my liver is fine, but is there something I should be doing for that?

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:04 pm

Animal studies revealed that active thyroid hormone given to diabetic test subjects completely reversed their glucose intolerance.

Probably not one doctor/endocrinologist in a thousand will know this, because to be blunt, it negatively affects their business model. Also, their masters (hospital administrators), plus the protocol that protects them from liability would not allow it, and that is perfectly functioning thyroid, specifically the more active triiodothyronine (T3), not T4, which usually has poor conversion to T3 in most with low thyroid.

In other words, it's routine when thyroid hormone is given that it's strictly synthetic T4, and it's presumed that it will convert to T3, however that conversion is very poor because of other factors--usually because of mineral depletion.

This is not to say that dosing this would reverse Type I, as that is related to either autoimmune pancreas or other issue, however, would at least improve many things.

So, there's enough research that suggests that if one directly stimulates microdissected, organ-cultured human scalp hair follicles with T4 (under ideal full conversion into T3 conditions) will promote proliferation and inhibit the apoptosis of hair matrix keratinocytes, along with a prolongation of the hair growth phase (anagen).

R, J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab 2008, 93, 4381.

This is associated with a down-regulation of the intrafollicular expression of TGF-β2, the key catagen-promoting growth factor and of K14, while K6 in the outer root sheath of the hair follicle is up-regulated.

Also, topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.

Thyroid . 2001 Aug;11( 8 ):717-24.

As far as TSH goes, it's just a pituitary hormone and not a direct thyroid hormone. If the body senses its thyroid hormone is low, it may stimulate for TSH, however for a number of reasons, it cannot "hear" the signals because of poisoning (think of fluoride, bromide and other halogens), and not enough selenium, iodine, magnesium, etc.

In the test animals supplied with topical triiodothyronine (T3), there was a dose-dependent increase in epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in T3-treated animals. Mice that received 3.8 microg of T3 had 42% more hairs per millimeter than controls (p < 0.01), hair length that was 1,180% longer (p < 0.001), 49% greater epidermal 3H-thymidine incorporation (p < 0.01), and 80% more 5-bromo-2'-deoxyuridine (BrdU) stained cells (p < 0.05). Rats receiving 12.8 microg T3 had 48% greater dermal thickness than controls (p < 0.001), 26% greater epidermal thickness (p < 0.001), 85% more hairs per millimeter (p < 0.005), and 130% greater 3H-thymidine incorporation into the epidermis (p < 0.01).

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:49 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Animal studies revealed that active thyroid hormone given to diabetic test subjects completely reversed their glucose intolerance.

Probably not one doctor/endocrinologist in a thousand will know this, because to be blunt, it negatively affects their business model. Also, their masters (hospital administrators), plus the protocol that protects them from liability would not allow it, and that is perfectly functioning thyroid, specifically the more active triiodothyronine (T3), not T4, which usually has poor conversion to T3 in most with low thyroid.

In other words, it's routine when thyroid hormone is given that it's strictly synthetic T4, and it's presumed that it will convert to T3, however that conversion is very poor because of other factors--usually because of mineral depletion.

This is not to say that dosing this would reverse Type I, as that is related to either autoimmune pancreas or other issue, however, would at least improve many things.

So, there's enough research that suggests that if one directly stimulates microdissected, organ-cultured human scalp hair follicles with T4 (under ideal full conversion into T3 conditions) will promote proliferation and inhibit the apoptosis of hair matrix keratinocytes, along with a prolongation of the hair growth phase (anagen).

This is associated with a down-regulation of the intrafollicular expression of TGF-β2, the key catagen-promoting growth factor and of K14, while K6 in the outer root sheath of the hair follicle is up-regulated.

Also, topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.

As far as TSH goes, it's just a pituitary hormone and not a direct thyroid hormone. If the body senses its thyroid hormone is low, it may stimulate for TSH, however for a number of reasons, it cannot "hear" the signals because of poisoning (think of fluoride, bromide and other halogens), and not enough selenium, iodine, magnesium, etc.

In the test animals supplied with topical triiodothyronine (T3), there was a dose-dependent increase in epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in T3-treated animals. Mice that received 3.8 microg of T3 had 42% more hairs per millimeter than controls (p < 0.01), hair length that was 1,180% longer (p < 0.001), 49% greater epidermal 3H-thymidine incorporation (p < 0.01), and 80% more 5-bromo-2'-deoxyuridine (BrdU) stained cells (p < 0.05). Rats receiving 12.8 microg T3 had 48% greater dermal thickness than controls (p < 0.001), 26% greater epidermal thickness (p < 0.001), 85% more hairs per millimeter (p < 0.005), and 130% greater 3H-thymidine incorporation into the epidermis (p < 0.01).

I actually have some T3 on hand, as well as a T3/T4. Would supplementing with T3 orally in small amounts throughout the day help thicken up my hair? Or should I try to make a T3 topical? Or both T3 orally and topically?

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:39 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:Animal studies revealed that active thyroid hormone given to diabetic test subjects completely reversed their glucose intolerance.

I actually have some T3 on hand, as well as a T3/T4. Would supplementing with T3 orally in small amounts throughout the day help thicken up my hair? Or should I try to make a T3 topical? Or both T3 orally and topically?

Based strictly on the inferences in the literature, the topical approach might work if these experiments translate to humans. That said, I use other strategies for human patients, including myself that do not involve direct thyroid hormone, however, there is no "cookie-cutter" approach and varies case to case.

There's also a question on type of T3 and/or T4, such as from desiccated thyroid hormone (Natural Desiccated Thyroid (NDT) Each tablet contains: Thyroid Extract 60 mg.
(1 Tablet = 60mg = 1 grain)) versus synthetics, which have limitations.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:04 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
helpmyhair1 wrote:

Based strictly on the inferences in the literature, the topical approach might work if these experiments translate to humans. That said, I use other strategies for human patients, including myself that do not involve direct thyroid hormone, however, there is no "cookie-cutter" approach and varies case to case.

There's also a question on type of T3 and/or T4, such as from desiccated thyroid hormone (Natural Desiccated Thyroid (NDT) Each tablet contains: Thyroid Extract 60 mg.
(1 Tablet = 60mg = 1 grain)) versus synthetics, which have limitations.

I have synthetic T3 and T3/T4 combination.. called Cynomel and Cynoplus. Would that not work? Not even sure how I would turn these pills into a topical.

If not thyroid for humans, what would you recommend?

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:56 am

Haven't tried these exact approaches as described, but it might be worth a go. I've got some Desiccated thyroglobulin from porcine. So it will contain all of the hormones, not just T4 or T3.

Synthetic or natural, would be an interesting test for topical use. The only thing I've done is treat from within, using methods that improve thyroid hormone without having to take it directly.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:48 pm

A bit late to the convo but I also this type of diffuse thinning. My vertex is thinning(mostly the crown), but my hairline is intact. I don't know how my thyroid situation is like but I got a bloodtest done for glucose 1.5 years ago. The test is basically they load you up with sugar and then they take blood samples with 1 hour intervals 2 or 3 times. My 2 hour values were up and the doctor said it is a sign of glucose intolerance. So I used some drug(metformin active ingredient) for 3 months or so but I didn't do a follow up.

Is there a way to supplement thyroid hormone(I guess not without prescription) or a natural remedy to regulate levels?  I honestly don't think I could go up to a regular doctor and ask them to prescribe something to me, maybe If I were to ask a doctor friend to prescribe me something? I don't know.

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:27 pm

Some things have changed since the World Hoax Organization did that number on the world, so I used to recommend getting Natural Desiccated Thyroid (NDT) from Thailand, but I'm not sure it's reliable as it once was and the wait was usually long. With a prescription of course.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:03 am

What about lugol's iodine? Isn't it supposed to have some effect on the regulation of thyroid?

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:22 am

Nuada wrote:What about lugol's iodine? Isn't it supposed to have some effect on the regulation of thyroid?

Especially with co-factor nutrients

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:31 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
Nuada wrote:What about lugol's iodine? Isn't it supposed to have some effect on the regulation of thyroid?

I used lugol's for a while back in the past but I never was able to adjust the dosage. Used 5% drop once per day with selenium, then I upped the dosage to 2 drops per day, but I was never sure if I was under dosing or over dosing. Haven't noticed any changes so I dropped it tbh.

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:57 am

Nuada wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:

I used lugol's for a while back in the past but I never was able to adjust the dosage. Used 5% drop once per day with selenium, then I upped the dosage to 2 drops per day, but I was never sure if I was under dosing or over dosing. Haven't noticed any changes so I dropped it tbh.

Been using other types of iodine (not Lugol's) for over 15 years. Lugol's is inorganic, so for some, whether it does anything or not, organification maybe necessary. There are organification defects within certain mineral transporters.

Also, people tend to notice things with organically bound forms with less of a bolus dose.

just an example, applying say Iosol, which is what I use on the skin will alleviate fungus. Diet these days is clean,
and when things were not that way, or even switched diet, the would be detoxification so applying this or ingesting with other nutrients (not taking thyroid blocking drugs, such as SSRI's is also important).

In short, iodine works on the whole body, not just the thyroid. The medical cartel intentionally blinds people with half-truths.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Nuada likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:23 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
Nuada wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:

Been using other types of iodine (not Lugol's) for over 15 years. Lugol's is inorganic, so for some, whether it does anything or not, organification maybe necessary. There are organification defects within certain mineral transporters.

Also, people tend to notice things with organically bound forms with less of a bolus dose.

just an example, applying say Iosol, which is what I use on the skin will alleviate fungus. Diet these days is clean,
and when things were not that way, or even switched diet, the would be detoxification so applying this or ingesting with other nutrients (not taking thyroid blocking drugs, such as SSRI's is also important).

In short, iodine works on the whole body, not just the thyroid. The medical cartel intentionally blinds people with half-truths.

Would applying Iosol to the scalp help with diffuse thinning you think? If so, how would one apply it.. cut with water?

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:43 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:
Nuada wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:

Would applying Iosol to the scalp help with diffuse thinning you think? If so, how would one apply it.. cut with water?

Some might have tried this, I haven't. But I do apply it to other places on the skin.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25305308/

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down