Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
CS a question re safety of Ecklonia cava EmptyToday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
CS a question re safety of Ecklonia cava EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
CS a question re safety of Ecklonia cava EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
CS a question re safety of Ecklonia cava EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
CS a question re safety of Ecklonia cava EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
CS a question re safety of Ecklonia cava EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
CS a question re safety of Ecklonia cava EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
CS a question re safety of Ecklonia cava EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
CS a question re safety of Ecklonia cava EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CS a question re safety of Ecklonia cava

4 posters

Go down

CS a question re safety of Ecklonia cava Empty CS a question re safety of Ecklonia cava

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:43 am

Is EC safe to take even when doing cardiac workout? I run 10 km twice weekly. Quite a large number of pro football players in europe have fallen dead in the field in the middle of a match, it was found to be related to chronic use of nsaid ibuprofen. Could there be a similiar risk to EC under cardiac pressure?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

CS a question re safety of Ecklonia cava Empty Re: CS a question re safety of Ecklonia cava

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:30 am

cpio - While Ecklonia Cava does inhibit COX-2 enzyme like Ibuprofen does, the difference is that Ibuprofen and other drugs inhibit prostacyclin. Ecklonia Cava does not.

You may have heard about drugs like Vioxx being banned because of increased risk of death due to stroke and heart attack. This is due to the prostacyclin inhibition mechanism of the drug. Other Cox-2 inhibitors share this dangerous effect and maybe to a lesser degree. Prostacyclin is a major endothelium dependent vasodilator, and essentially help increase nitric oxide, which relaxes the endothelium.

Under exertion, having a vasocontrictive effect could kill if there isn't prostacylin prevent to stimulate NO balance this by vasodilation. These drugs do not work with the body, because prostaglandins regulate such things a arterial blood pressure, constriction/vasoconstriction, clotting or not to clot. So balance is ignored and drugs act as a light switch, rather than a regulator.

Natural substances work in tandem with physiology, so Ecklonia Cava's COX-2 suppression isn't going to irrevocably shut down an essential body process like a drug. In fact, Ecklonia Cava relaxes vessels and increases Nitric Oxide (NO).

If Ecklonia Cava were a drug, it would be one of the most marketed used pharmaceuticals around. Drugs will never be as sophisticated and multifaceted.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

CS a question re safety of Ecklonia cava Empty Re: CS a question re safety of Ecklonia cava

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:01 am

CausticSymmetry, Thanks - you are very knowledgeable and I take your word for it.

Did you see Fibroboost has dropped to 24.40 USD at Betterhealth Int.

http://www.betterhealthinternational.com/productDetails.asp?prodID=NC55910

If someone tells I-herb they may follow, I think they like to match prices

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

CS a question re safety of Ecklonia cava Empty Kind of on this same topic...

Post  Jocko59 Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:16 am

Does anyone else get sleepy after taking EC; at least not long after taking it? Or maybe that is something that you have to adjust to if you just recently began taking it?

Jocko59

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:44 am

Jocko59 - If it's the right Fibroboost (Nutricology brand), yes this is normal. It won't last forever fortunately. Give it about two weeks or maybe longer and the effect should wane.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:13 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Jocko59 - If it's the right Fibroboost (Nutricology brand), yes this is normal. It won't last forever fortunately. Give it about two weeks or maybe longer and the effect should wane.

Do you think fibroboost is safe for those with adrenal fatigue?

I have a bottle, but i haven't opened it yet (I still have to finish my maca before i start the EC).
jksl
jksl

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:39 pm

jksl - Safe? Definitely. This is used regularly for those suffering from adrenal fatigue. I should mention that in medical school and teaching with medicine in general, the emphasis is so strong on toxicity since most "treatments" today do more harm and are toxic. It is unfortunate that medicine is a delicate balancing act between benefits above toxicity.

But with natural substances like Ecklonia Cava, toxicity and harm is quite rare. This is after all an extract of a food, but a rather potent one.

This is really the opposite of dangerous. It keeps triglyceride levels lower, keeps the blood thinner, free flowing, helps normalize blood pressure, cortisol levels, fights free radicals in universal tissue, etc. If this were a drug, it would be the best selling. No poison that is sold over the television can ever compete, but mass marketing trumps all logic.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:30 pm

CausticSymmetry, I agree with every word you said there. The point you make I see as a strong reason why we need a government to regulate for instance how a product can be marketed. We should not, in my oppinion, be so liberal that it is ok to mislead people about their health to increase a profit. The market is not going to "fix that" by itself. Apologies for the off-topic.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down