Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Why the missing pieces? EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Why the missing pieces? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Why the missing pieces? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Why the missing pieces? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Why the missing pieces? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Why the missing pieces? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Why the missing pieces? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Why the missing pieces? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Why the missing pieces? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why the missing pieces?

4 posters

Go down

Why the missing pieces? Empty Why the missing pieces?

Post  Benjamin Button Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:43 am

Given that D6D enzyme is commonly deficient in modern society and not only plays a central role in preventing aging, but it's product GLA makes DGLA which blocks PGD1 and increases PGE1 (Optimal prosteglandin regulation for hair growth), why on earth is GLA supplementation not in your recommendation list immortal? ...seems like one of the critical pieces of the puzzle

Also, Scalp fat can be rebuilt with specific fatty acids, eg emu, or even lard. That scalp fat is also a crucial element in promoting growth. and even dietry intake of specific fats can contribute to the redevelopment of this tissue. why no emphasis here either?

by the way I'm a big fan, these are genuine questions.
Benjamin Button
Benjamin Button

Back to top Go down

Why the missing pieces? Empty Re: Why the missing pieces?

Post  rofl Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:48 pm

just because you consume the right type of fats, does not mean the body will put it where you want it to go.(scalp)
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Why the missing pieces? Empty more research... you guys should help me out on this one

Post  Benjamin Button Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:34 pm

I have been reading endlessly on this scalp fat now, and instead of regurgitating all of my observations in a wall of text, I will try sum up with some bullet points:

Having successfully removed calcified and fibrotic tissue with various measures, and also induced some follicle neogenesis with some dermarolling, and also having provided the body with all the nutrients and materials it needs for prostaglandins, anti-inflammatory etc. there is one HUGE piece of the puzzle left, and it's plain to see.. A thick layer of capillary rich protective fat..

I believe this is brown fat. First question, why does the brown fat disappear in the first place? Firstly, your overheated. in the last 60 years, we have become accustomed to indoor centrally heated environments. Secondly, you probably don't get adequate fatty acids of the correct variety in the first place. Thirdly, stress, dieting, endurance work may have led you to dip into this reservoir of fat, like a hibernating animal which does exactly this. who knows, but balding men do lose the fat.

your first arguement, "ok why do the overheated women not lose their hair?",,, >>>BROWN FAT! they have way more than us, giving their scalps resiliance.

Your second arguement, "people have been taking ice baths for decades, we would know by now if it grew hair back." okay for one thing, an ice bath isn't going to decalcify your scalp which is a prerequisite to hair regrowth. And so then we must look to those who read natural hair loss forums, and most here don't get anywhere near scalp decalcification because they give up after a few months. in order for this to work, you would need somebody who has handled all the basic barriers listed in first paragragh, and then be regimental about brown fat activation, which seems to be straight forward..

...and there are in fact reports of decreased shedding, extremely soft hair, and even some guys reporting "many, many vellus hairs along the hairline" in hairloss forums. Think also about nofappers who do cold showers often reporting hair gains, but then attributing it to nofap.

... and personally I dermarolled for twelve weeks before (once a week), and in order to numb the pain I used a handful of ice on the scalp for a few minutes before hand. perhaps the gains I saw which excited me at the time were due to this modest weekly cold exposure and resultant brown fat activation.

Heres another point to consider, brown fat reduces insulin sensitivity, and obesity, and thin individuals have more brown fat than fatter folks. Insulin resistance and mpb heavily correlated in case you didn't know.

eskimos, basically "fat healthy guys from buckets of organ meat/fish oil fatty acids, and some cold exposure". Hows they're mpb rates? fucking non existant. Also the japanese and mediteranean diets are laced with brown fat activating compounds, also very low mpb rates before world war one, throw in some cold exposure and they're old diet and you've got the recipe for brown fat activation, and hair.

Another huge point, brown fat is HEAVILY lined with blood vessels, which obviously is a follicle MUST.

OKAY, I'm ready for it, go on naysayer, spit it out... "But, but the DHT, the genetics.." If there is a thick insulative layer of fat around the follicle, DHT is not a problem. I am amazed at how so called experts come up with the most elaborate theorys, to respond to the dht theory failings. immortal even said that castrates DO lose their hair if castration is after puberty, nobody ever acknowledges that. And I read something last night about low dht levels in older folks going bald and the "expert" came up with a baffling conclusion about sensitivity gene or something i cant find it now. But nothing was said for the dramatic decrease in young face fat, and brown fat. Really these fuckers are making it up as they go along, and believing that the prefix Dr. gives them a right to invent stuff and feel superior about their education, without staring reality in the eye and not being so quick to dismis the unknown. Cause they don't fucking know, which puts any keyboard jockey like myself in an equal playing field in terms of using raw intellect to solve problems. they don't like that it undermines the $100,000 and the decade they invested in schooling, and also robs them of that nice inner status feeling they have.

and something else brown fat is highest in babys and the young. Their faces are plump and hair is lush.. I am betting that is due to their high brown fat stores, just like women, eskimos, and 50 year old japanese with young faces and great hair...

Benjamin Button
Benjamin Button

Back to top Go down

Why the missing pieces? Empty Interesting read

Post  Lucky13 Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:16 am

It is worth noting that supplements and methods that people have had some success with, do in fact help to increase brown adipose tissue (brown fat).  

http://knowledgeofhealth.com/cold-shower-hot-pepper-brown-fat-weight-control-plan/

Omega 3's, garlic, resveratrol, curcumin, etc. all have shown to help decrease white fat and/or increase brown fat.  

My question would be:  How would one increase brown fat locally in the scalp?  If enough brown fat had accumulated in the body, would the next "storage bin" be the scalp?

In any case, increasing brown fat is generally a good idea.

Lucky13

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjamin Button Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:17 am

Yeah the diagram that has the list of known brown fat activators is basically the immortal hair regimen.
resveratrol + curcumin
some seaweed
fish oil.

Listen they know very little about brown fat, in fact they only found out it existed in adults relatively recently. so don't take their word for it when they say "ah-ha, brown fat is only found in the neck and upper back, in only some people!" ..fuck off, them douchebags have no idea about it. put an eskimo in one of those scanning machines and i bet the whole body will be brown fat.
it tends to lay around the spinal cord heart and lungs, so my estimation is that is protects vital organs, so the brain would be a prime location for it.

also it is loaded with Mitochondria and hghly vascularised which is really the only type of fat that would allow hair growth.

anyway, the loss of scalp fat is still not the root cause of hairloss just a very early symptom.

the root cause is D6D enzyme deficiency, which messes up BOTH prostaglandin pathways. The reason you haven't heard about this is because some fuckin baldy's gave this "Gamma linolenic acid" thing a shot before for a few months, and when they didn't grow afro's on slick bald areas instantaneously they reported failure and moved on..
However hair can only grow so fast, and undoing the damage of the past is a SEPARATE problem to reversing hairloss and getting healthy hair growth where you still have hair.
and circulation is another issue. basically you need to be a professional about this is you want serious gains.
Benjamin Button
Benjamin Button

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:56 am

I did try cooling experiments on the scalp a few years back, in an effort to convert white fat into brown. Apparently, this is said to happen when tissue is subjected to hypothermic stress. Also, anorexics are known to grow terminal hairs all over their bodies because they don't have enough adipose tissue to keep them warm. This condition is called Lanugo. I surmised that, if the scalp was subjected to consistently cooler temperatures, then cold stress would trigger the scalp to start producing thicker terminals (and BAT) so it could keep the brain warm. I only tried this out for a week (applying cold water to the scalp), but it caused rapid shedding, which alarmed me so much, I stopped the experiment. Who knows though, perhaps, if I continued, it might have eventually yielded thicker hair.

Edited: I did all this because I used to suffer from my scalp overheating (mainly the bald areas), and when this happened it lead to inflammation and loss of hair.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down