Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Advice needed by knowledgeable members please. EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Advice needed by knowledgeable members please. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Advice needed by knowledgeable members please. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Advice needed by knowledgeable members please. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Advice needed by knowledgeable members please. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Advice needed by knowledgeable members please. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Advice needed by knowledgeable members please. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Advice needed by knowledgeable members please. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Advice needed by knowledgeable members please. EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Advice needed by knowledgeable members please.

5 posters

Go down

Advice needed by knowledgeable members please. Empty Advice needed by knowledgeable members please.

Post  CampOfDavid Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:24 am

Hello Immortal Hair forum users Smile

I have some questions for you fine people, if I may...

QUESTION 1:
I already take a series of food supplements which were recommended to me (a while ago for health issues) by some one I consider to be knowledgeable in regards to nutrition.
I also want to start taking the IH top six supplements as well. However I am not sure if the supplements I already take would overlap with some of the top six, and if they do should I therefore cut either some of the top six out or cut out some of the supplements I am already taking.

The supplements I am already taking are (all of which are bought from Seventh Wave and which are additive free):

1: Botanical Cinnamon.
2: Botanical Garlic.
3: Botanical Ginger.
4: Botanical Turmeric.
5: Specialized Olive Leaf.
6: Specialized Glucosamine & Chondroitin.
7: Chlorella Pyrenoidosa.
8: Fermented Cod Liver.

QUESTION 2:
I also take theaflavin caps twice a day (which I buy from Life Extensions) as certain studies suggest it lowers DHT (at least in rats).
Does any one have any input on if I should bother continuing this?

QUESTION 3:
Does anyone have any input on if it is worth taking beta sitosterol?
Is it good at lowering DHT? At slowing hair loss? Good or bad for health? etc...

QUESTION 4:
Some sites say Avena Sativa lowers DHT, but some one reported it raised their DHT levels.
Does anyone know about this either way?

QUESTION 5:
Are scalp peels worth doing? If so what is the best way to do this?

REQUEST:
If you have anything that has worked for you, could please tell me about it, so that perhaps I can implement it.

Thank you in advance Smile
CampOfDavid
CampOfDavid

Back to top Go down

Advice needed by knowledgeable members please. Empty Re: Advice needed by knowledgeable members please.

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:32 am

I would advise against the cod liver oil, even the best brands are risky

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t11499-cod-liver-oil-scam-exposed

We generally believe DHT does not cause hair loss, and lowering it with beta sitosterol may be pointless

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Advice needed by knowledgeable members please. Empty Re: Advice needed by knowledgeable members please.

Post  Resistance Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:27 am

You need to ensure two things really, one is that you don't overdose your kidneys so ensure you include aloe vera juice to do a kidney colon and liver cleanse on a daily basis. The second thing, you need to study the chemistry of each supplement you are taking because if you are overdoing in something you will get health problems, liver problems and hair loss (not androgenic but you will shed)

Word of advice, if you're playing with dht blockers be careful with gyno effects and potential ED. Everyone here has a different protocol and swears by different methods.

IMO there are alternatives to dht blockers, I attempt to lower androgenic sensitivity, lower estrogen conversion which means my body has less need to create dht, increase blood flow, potassium channels, increase pge2 (all we have access to, most of us, is castor oil and emu oil) and I also take he shou wu / fo ti which is known to balance hormonal levels, other people may use maca for the same effect... some people swear by increased blood flow, as I said earlier, each to their own.

Q3 I would make sure you do a full study of what you're taking before you're taking it, again careful playing with dht, a lot of DHT blockers increase androgenic receptors/sensivity on the long term, several studies have been published reporting increase count of androgenic receptors following trials where people were blocking dht from their bodies unnaturally.
What you need to understand is that DHT is not the full picture, but a head that is super sensitive to DHT could mean you are in trouble, tackle it from different angles and remember, fin is a dht blocker with permanent side effects in some people and only works for 7 years (why? back to my theory of increased no. of androgenic receptors over time). Minox opens potassium channels and reduces blood pressure but also stops working after a while, now samumed is looking at the wnt pathway as a cure for hair loss but wnt is known to signal cancer, there is no permanent cure for hair loss as of yet but we all try to slow our hair loss down and keep our hair where we want it, in our heads. In the meantime save for a HT because it's part of the prevention protocol :-)

You could be 10 years away from needing a HT or 1 year away, only your genes and your predisposition to baldness can tell and ofc the efficacy of your protocol.

Resistance

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:37 am

I've been taking a lot of supplements for a very long time. Everyone has their own path, different biochemistry, etc.

My liver and kidneys are way better off today than where they were 15 + years ago (and I take lot of things).

Cod Liver Oil of old was good (but today, yes there are some problems with it since it differs from what it was in the old versions).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Advice needed by knowledgeable members please. Empty Check what type of cinnamon.

Post  Reseeding Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:41 am

I noticed you had Botanical cinnamon listed. This is something that I had no idea that cinnamon contained.
I grabbed this excerpt from a website:

Coumarin is a substance that can cause liver damage or complete failure. Only Ceylon Cinnamon has low levels of Coumarin, while all other varieties of Cinnamon have high levels of Coumarin.

At one stage the German government banned Cassia type Cinnamon. A study at the university of Mississippi showed the high levels of Coumarin in all other types of Cinnamon, except Ceylon Cinnamon.

If you are taking Cinnamon for health reasons, then you must and should switch to Ceylon Cinnamon. The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) established a tolerable daily intake (TDI) of 0.1 mg/kg body weight for Cinnamon.
Reseeding
Reseeding

Back to top Go down

Advice needed by knowledgeable members please. Empty Thanks :)

Post  CampOfDavid Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:10 am

Thank you for all the replies, I really appreciate it.

I have used DHT blockers in the past with no major or obvious side effects; I was using dutasteride (went straight onto that) for a few years and I can say that it completely stopped any balding which may have happened during that time period I was on it.

The long story is this...

I went on dutasteride when I was a Nw 1 going to 1.5 (some people might thinks this was crazy) for I think a couple of years (in that period I had no itch, no care of balding really), but then I got off it for a couple of years. After two months of coming off it I initially receded to a NW 1.5 with out a doubt, and maybe more. I then did nothing really for hairloss for a about a year or two. I then noticed I was heading closer to a NW2, so I jumped back on dut for over a year, it brought my hairline back to a NW1.5 at least if not more.

But I think my cognitive abilities may have been affected by dut (not sure, maybe paranoia) and I knew I didn't want to be on it long term anyway, so I got off it again a few months ago.
Well after a month of being off it I had instant recession (probably scalp sensitivity increased to androgen increased while on it, like some one pointed out already), I am now basically a NW2 (at least on one side of my head, the right side -but what is worse is a broken hairline starting to form on that side).
So I am looking to stop any further hair loss God willing.

I really appreciate all your replies and will be looking into some of the advice you guys give, thank you for your time and please feel free to add more info if you have anymore.

CampOfDavid
CampOfDavid

Back to top Go down

Post  Resistance Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:54 am

quick question from me, if dut was working w/o sides why stopping?

Resistance

Back to top Go down

Advice needed by knowledgeable members please. Empty RE: Resistance...

Post  CampOfDavid Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:58 pm

Hello Resistance Smile

Basically it is the fact I worry what this drug can/will do long term to the body (especially the brain). I don't want to be on a blocking agent for years and years.
Also I think I may have had minor sides, like anxiety and maybe my cognitive state slowed a bit (not sure). I do know my sperm count dropped, that was obvious.

Here in England you can get dut with out a real Dr's prescription (you just tick some online form a random Dr checks and then gives the all clear too), so I had no one checking my organs or such while I was on dut.

To be honest I sometimes am tempted to go back on it, because when I am on it-it is like hair loss is not an issue (it literally stops it dead).

I have been looking at the post regarding Swiss-temples, and I think a better route is to block the end product rather than something so down low the chain (Alpha 5 and DHT), which is needed in other parts of the body. The problem is I am allergic to castor oil (at least I know I am when applied externally, as when I applied it as a topical once I woke up with a swollen face).

I wonder if I slowly start taking castor oil internally/orally and build up the dosage overtime if my body will get use to it and I will not be allergic to it anymore.

I am in a real predicament on whether to go back on dut and then while on it start apply some new method, and then come off dut and see if the new method stops anything (so two regimes at once basically, to then taper slowly off dut).
I just worry after stopping dut again for the second time if I go back on it and change my whole bodies chemistry again, if it is going to be to heavy for my body.
CampOfDavid
CampOfDavid

Back to top Go down

Post  Resistance Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:48 am

I'd be worried as to building up dut resistance too but not sure if that has ever happened with a dht blocker.

Just out of curiosity another silly question, does dut stop your hair loss the day you start taking it? As in 0 hairs shed ?

Resistance

Back to top Go down

Post  CampOfDavid Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:28 pm

(I AM NOT ALLOWED TO POST LINKS FOR SEVEN DAYS, NEW MEMBER POLICY. SO WILL JUST TELL YOU WHAT TO SEARCH FOR ON GOOGLE).

I don't think you build up a resistance to Dut, but what happens is your follicles become more sensitive, so when you are off Dut the hair quickly disappears. This is all just theory though (including follicles becoming more sensitive; much anecdotal evidence would go against it).

When I took Dut I was barely losing hair so I can't tell you about shedding or instant stoppage (but I think you will notice no more hair-loss with in two weeks, it will take about a year before your hair to really thickens up and look amazing if you have had bad AGA; this is based on what other forum users have said who had severe AGA), I have very slow AGA.
But I can tell you that I have heard many people say Dut stopped their balding completely and even restored some hair a bit (what is the most noticeable is an overall thickening more than bald parts gaining hair). Some people still have an ever so slight receding hairline overtime while on Dut (I mean very slow, so like what you would lose in frontal hair in 1 year of balding naturally will probably take 15-20 years while on Dut).

But other people have completely brought their hairline back on Dut. For example this guy in the link below:
(Type in Google: Nickypoos's Story (19/ 2 Years Full Temple Regrowth - Dut) )

Here is two twins below, one on Dut the other not:
(Type in Google: About a twin who took Dutasteride to stop his hair loss... )

On a lot of forums it seems more people are getting sides on Fin than they are Dut; probably because Dut gives a bigger testosterone boost.

I personally would not recommend going on Dut, not now we know what is really causing balding (it is too much PGD2 in the scalp and not enough PGE2), DHT just triggers a chain of events which brings about PGD2 and limits PGE2 (it seems silly to block something so low down the chain, especially something which has an effect on our maleness, brain, heart, liver, body hair, sex drive etc...).

Here is a link below on Swiss Temples approach of blocking PGD2 and adding PGE2:
(Type in Google:  Regrowth Protocol via PGE2... wow. Pics/Theory Included. )

I personally wish I never took Dut, who knows what affect it has had on me. I would say hair is not worth your health bro.

I would especially advise never to take minox, it has been shown clinically to age your skin (based on collagen syntheses), and for some they get severe premature ageing (not very gradual premature ageing which is not that noticeable). I tried it once for a month and nearly wrecked my face, thank God I got off it and think I reversed its effects (it gives puffy eyes, black rings under eyes because it removes all the brown fat layers which young people have and which we lose slightly as we age). No one use to know why Minox worked on hair, especially as it has so many things which should in theory damage hair if anything, but now we can have a great guess; we know minox adds PGE1, so that is why it works somewhat. Man we can figure much better ways than minox to get that stuff in our scalps, and never mind PGE1, we can get PGE2 which is a lot better.

Honestly bro stick natural (which I think will only slow hair-loss, but will boost health), read the Swisstemple blogs and his answer page, educate yourself from there (from that you can stop hair-loss). But if you can find the natural stuff to substitute Swiss's routine to stop hair-loss, \ try and find natural alternatives to do the four step protocol Swisstemples did (address those four steps and you can't go wrong -I believe based on the science-. Also if all you want to do is maintain then all you really need to do is limit your PGD2, either systematically or locally. This is much better than cutting your DHT off. But if you want to gain hair back you need to find away to get PGE2 into your scalp and also trigure a few path ways and neogenesis in cells -which is mainly all done by micro-needling/derma-rolling).

I wish all the best for you my good fellow, lets all help each other beat this thing Smile
CampOfDavid
CampOfDavid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down