Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» China is at it again
What is the most efficient way to clean the scalp? EmptyToday at 2:05 am by shaftless

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What is the most efficient way to clean the scalp? EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What is the most efficient way to clean the scalp? EmptyYesterday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
What is the most efficient way to clean the scalp? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What is the most efficient way to clean the scalp? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What is the most efficient way to clean the scalp? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
What is the most efficient way to clean the scalp? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
What is the most efficient way to clean the scalp? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
What is the most efficient way to clean the scalp? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What is the most efficient way to clean the scalp?

+6
NW0
zarathustra
australian
Columbo
Sage 1
Growdamnit
10 posters

Go down

What is the most efficient way to clean the scalp? Empty What is the most efficient way to clean the scalp?

Post  Growdamnit Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:53 am

I have used shampoo less than 5 times in the last year. Dr. Bronner's dries my hair out along with Nizoral (tried for 3 months back in 2011 or so.) I really avoid SLS like the plague and have been washing my hair in warm water forever now. I keep seeing back and forth arguments whether you need shampoo or not. I am looking for the best and healthiest shampoo or method to clean the scalp of sebum, parasites, dandruff, or residue of any kind.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

What is the most efficient way to clean the scalp? Empty Re: What is the most efficient way to clean the scalp?

Post  Sage 1 Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:16 pm

My wife is using a natural sea kelp shampoo with great results, due it´s powerful antioxidant properties.
I´m using Dr.bronners since i´m still on my topical remedy, which contains a lot of oil and therefore my hair docent go dry.

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

What is the most efficient way to clean the scalp? Empty Re: What is the most efficient way to clean the scalp?

Post  Columbo Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:39 pm

Oat water seems a winner (castile soap and normal soap maybe too high PH but also seem effective): http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2015/05/hair-science-how-well-do-mild-cleansers.html

Wizz up some oats in a blender, mix with a little water to make goo, et voila, some oat shampoo

Dr Bronner's is good but it probably leaves as much stuff as it puts on? (There's a load of different oils in it)

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  australian Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:37 pm

I didn't use shampoo for about 2 years and my hair was fine during the whole time - it never got overly greasy and it smelt fine. But as soon as I started getting the MPB itch and noticing hairs falling out of my head my hair started to get very greasy and I had to start washing it regularly.

I think washing your hair in cold water is more effective than hot water. Also try rinsing it with either green tea or chamomile tea. These are natural conditioners.
australian
australian

Back to top Go down

Post  zarathustra Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:28 am

Apple cider vinegar gives me a sensation of it cleaning the scalp well. I don't use standard shampoo's for some years either, just water in the shower mostly. I don't want to use SLS either. I never tried Nizoral as I thought it would be harsh. Today I got Regenepure for the first time, has the same Ketoconazole as Nizoral but without the SLS. Used it this evening, seems fine. The hair I have does feel good after it. Will have an idea after the month if it is any better than just water in the shower or if it causes any irritation.

zarathustra

Back to top Go down

Post  NW0 Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:33 am

Isnt cold water suposed to be anti inflamatory?

NW0

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara101 Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:24 pm

If you want to clean oil and dirt from the scalp, then I would like suggest you tip which works for me.
Take fuller's earth, add some water to it to make a fine paste. Apply this paste on scalp and hair. Keep it for 40-45 minutes. Then rinse it off with cold water only. It will help to remove all dirt and oil from your scalp. Let me know if it helps you.

Tara101

http://www.nanogenindia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:33 pm

NW0 wrote:Isnt cold water suposed to be anti inflamatory?

Prolonged deviations in temperature - either hot or cold - can be inflammatory. What cells need, to function, is a consistently balanced temperature.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:17 am

I have been applying ACV for the last week.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  NevadaNed Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:25 am

I further suggest what others have already said in using the following to concoct a Witch's Brew:

Bentonite Clay
ACV - diluted at least in 1/2

Furthermore I recommened:

Magnesium Oil
Drop or two of essential oil (Tea Tree Oil probably best but I also use peppermint oil)
Also add something to provide a little moisturizing - I've played around with Coconut oil, olive oil, argan oil, emu oil)

NevadaNed

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:44 pm

Are these methods more directed toward cleaning the surface of the scalp and epidermis? What about down inside follicles and pores? I've had good scalp skin complexion results from ACV and glycolic acid peels, but it seems the problem is deeper, more embedded in the follicle. Would any of the materials penetrate deep enough to dissolve possible hard deposits or cross-linking within the follicle?
Genuinely curious.
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down