Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
how to clean scalp? (alternatives to polysobate 80) EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
how to clean scalp? (alternatives to polysobate 80) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
how to clean scalp? (alternatives to polysobate 80) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
how to clean scalp? (alternatives to polysobate 80) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
how to clean scalp? (alternatives to polysobate 80) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
how to clean scalp? (alternatives to polysobate 80) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
how to clean scalp? (alternatives to polysobate 80) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
how to clean scalp? (alternatives to polysobate 80) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
how to clean scalp? (alternatives to polysobate 80) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

how to clean scalp? (alternatives to polysobate 80)

5 posters

Go down

how to clean scalp? (alternatives to polysobate 80) Empty how to clean scalp? (alternatives to polysobate 80)

Post  teyfar Sun May 24, 2015 11:17 am

I've been using polysorbate 80 consistently for a few years now. Its served me well in keeping my scalp clean.. except I don't want to have to use it all the time for the rest of my life. Sometimes its a hassle.

So I recently stopped to wean myself off it for the last few months to see what would happen, and I now have severe scalp acne. I've even been left with few patchy spots from the scars that some of the bigger cysts left.

I had severe acne as a teenager on my face, but now it strangely seems to be on the back and top of my scalp only. Im 31. And now it feels like my scalp has become dependent on polysorbate 80.

So I'm wondering if you guys or gals know any alternatives. I'm looking for new approaches to get a clean scalp. 'No poo' just doesn't seem to cut it for me. I need to get that gunk out, and theres nothing like polysorbate that ive come across. 'Natural' soaps like dr bronners always seem to leave a waxy feeling residue. Maybe you know of some that can really get the wax out. I'm not too worried about over drying because I always use oil directly on the scalp right after cleaning. (hemp seed, coconut, tamanu, castor etc) Otherwise the polysorbate would be way too drying.

Let me know if yall know of anything!
Thanks

teyfar

Back to top Go down

how to clean scalp? (alternatives to polysobate 80) Empty Re: how to clean scalp? (alternatives to polysobate 80)

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun May 24, 2015 11:31 am

apple cider vinegar to clean scalp

cut out the hemp/castor oil

http://www.rosestopalms.com/2014/01/PUFAs-in-skin-care-oils-safe-list.html

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

how to clean scalp? (alternatives to polysobate 80) Empty Re: how to clean scalp? (alternatives to polysobate 80)

Post  lamka Sun May 24, 2015 7:13 pm

Maybe try to clean your scalp with volcanic clay/green clay/white clay ? Give it a try. On the other hand ... ACV could just penetrate your skin but you must use warm water to remove all the sebum and rubbish from your scalp. Then you should use cold water to shrink your pores on your scalp.

Then I have seen some people cured their scalp fungi with BORAX :

I've been suffering with a fungal infection on my scalp and skin for 15 plus years. It took me 14 of those years to actually get a proper diagnosis, that a fungus was actually the culprit. I get what looks almost like mosquito bites on my scalp, skin-mainly neck, back, upper shoulders and occasionally legs.I start with an intense itch that burns and feels prickly. I scratch until it bleeds .A scab forms and it constantly itches.The scabs take a very long time to heal. So at any given time I usually have 100 or more of these in various stages. I went through total hell. At one point I was putting high heat on my head and skin thinking it would help. It made it ten times worse. Hence heat spreads fungus. Unbeknownst to me, it got so bad I thought it was scabies.

Went to every Emergency Room and urgent care as well as family practice docs. None were helpful at all.They looked at me as if I were dirty and crazy! To the contrary I am extremely obsessively clean. Finally had one doc scrape a small inflamed area and analyze it under a microscope.I have tried everything from lindane to nix, creams, topical and oral benadryl, calamine, apple vinegar, tea tree oil, Alcohol, bleach...

Borax was the only thing that has worked! It's amazing! 3Tb borax with 1 liter of aloe vera(100%). Massage into affected areas after shower and at bed.I am 85% healed.Some of my scalp was severe. So it's going to take a bit to completely heal. Literally spent thousands and dealing with an itch that has kept me from sleeping some nights. For under $5 and about 5mins to massage borax I am almost all healed! I recommend this to anyone suffering with itching/skin inflammation. It's truly a miracle. Finally after 15 years, almost completely healed! It's been a long time coming!
http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/scalp_infections.html

Some people use DMSO but I have no experience with it.

lamka

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanas Sun May 24, 2015 8:41 pm

i would say salicylic acid - but in low concentration. you can add to any topical or shampoo or just dissolve it in alcohol by itself. if you make higher concentration like 10-20% which are used for peeling also, it will  not dissolve good in alcohol. 
1-2% dissolves very well. it will clean the scalp from debris and treat skin conditions.

Nanas

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon May 25, 2015 12:31 am

Nanas wrote:i would say salicylic acid - but in low concentration. you can add to any topical or shampoo or just dissolve it in alcohol by itself. if you make higher concentration like 10-20% which are used for peeling also, it will  not dissolve good in alcohol. 
1-2% dissolves very well. it will clean the scalp from debris and treat skin conditions.

powder or liquid ?

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Tue May 26, 2015 12:38 am

Nanas wrote:i would say salicylic acid - but in low concentration. you can add to any topical or shampoo or just dissolve it in alcohol by itself. if you make higher concentration like 10-20% which are used for peeling also, it will  not dissolve good in alcohol. 

Where do you get your salicylic acid? I've been looking for a reputable brand for the past month and am having trouble finding one (in liquid form). All I see is a lot of sellers on ebay (UK) who don't seem legit, could be selling water for all I know.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Tue May 26, 2015 12:43 am

lamka wrote:Then I have seen some people cured [b]their scalp fungi with BORAX

I was thinking about using Borax, but its been made illegal in the UK. Can you believe that??

So my only option would be US sellers on ebay who claim that the powder they sell in plastic bags is Borax. I dont want to take that risk, I would want it straight from a new unopened box, but the delivery cost of that to the UK would be huge.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanas Tue May 26, 2015 4:21 am

easy to get salycilic acid in powder form. any sellers of homemade cosmetics etc will have. 
you need to dissolve small amount in hogh proof ethanol and than mix it with your topical or shampoo.

Nanas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down